UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was wondering same (about taking her out live). It seems BL had the top floor/loft MBR, while S shared the second level with her 3 kids in the 2 other bedrooms. That would be right next or near to them. Wouldn't it be hard to do it without noise to wake them up in such close proximity? Unless he did it while she was sleeping? Strangling also may not leave any DNA. Or.... unless he did whatever, on the main floor and she wasn't upstairs at all? Perhaps she broached the subject of the his share of the equity in the house being bought out and they got into it? But.. with the wet top of the bed... that seems doubtful!?

I think it must have been quite risky to take SW out of her bedroom and across the landing to the stairs. At any point one of the children could have come out of their rooms.
I suppose it is possible SW had gone downstairs and whatever happened, happened on the ground floor, but the evidence re SWs bed and the wet part seems to indicate otherwise.

09:38

Wednesday, October 9: Trial set to resume

Good morning.

The trial is set to resume at around 10.30am today - but proceedings will only be going for this morning.

Court is set to finish for today at around lunchtime, but will continue again tomorrow (October 10).

We’re live from the court room, check back for more updates in around an hour.

Live updates as Sarah Wellgreen's ex-partner goes on trial accused of her murder

11:17

Witness says last time Sarah was seen she was 'moody'

The witness, who cannot be named, described one of the last moments Sarah was seen before her disappearance.

The witness said Sarah “was a bit moody” one of the mornings before she disappeared.

The video played to a jury said: “She was kind of alientated from everyone.

“She was just a bit moody, she wasn’t normal.

“I could even tell that personally I didnt think she got a good night’s sleep.

“She had this weird face on her, I don’t know it was just really weird.”

Live updates as Sarah Wellgreen's ex-partner goes on trial accused of her murder

11:31

Family friend's evidence: 'We had plans for Christmas'

A transcript was read to the court, based on a police interview with family friend Maria Santos-Borges, who lives close by.

The evidence said:

I’ve known Sarah for five years, I consider her to be a family friend.

According to what Sarah told me, Sarah and Ben would argue.

The last time I saw Sarah was at my home on the morning of October 9 and I’ve not had any type of contact with Sarah again since that day.

It’s out of character for Sarah that she’s had no contact with me since then.

Speaking about the last time she saw Sarah, Ms Santos-Borges added:

When she came to my home she was very happy an optimistic.

She told me about her successful job interview on October 8 with a makeup and cosmetic company, with a salary of £45,000, a company car and a mobile phone.

She told me she was starting at her new job on November 15.

Sarah also told me that she had been approved for a mortgage to buy Ben out of his 50 percent of the house.

Sarah also spoke to me about her plans for Christmas and how she had planned to spend it with me and the children in Mallorca, which she had agreed with Ben.”

I already had the flight tickets for me and my family and she told me she was going to buy the tickets for hers on the Thursday.

She told me she would return to my house to book flight tickets.

11:38

'She was very happy to have found a job with a fixed salary'

Ms Santos-Borges added:

In my opinion she would never abandon her children, they were her priority.

Whenever she had disagreements with Ben she would take her children with her.

In my opinion, she was a very caring mother and dedicated to her children.

Sarah never told me she wanted to abandon her children, move away from them or end her own life.

She told me she was very happy to have found a job with a fixed salary so she could look after her children.

She also told me about her plans to buy the house, decorate it and make some improvements.

We looked around tiles and carpet shops. She was looking forward to decorating the house.”

12:41

Neighbour recalls seeing Lacomba's taxi 'looking like a brand new car'

Another witness, neighbour Kelly Marie Ambler, has been called and is giving evidence.

Prosecution, Alison Morgan QC, asked about the positioning of Lacomba’s taxi on October 10, the day after Sarah’s disappearance.

Ms Ambler walked into Bazes Shaw estate at about 3.15pm and noticed Lacomba’s red taxi was in a different position to what it is normally.

Ms Ambler said:

It wasn’t parked where he usually parked it but it was in that car park, he usually parks it next to his house.

It was very clean. It looked like a brand new car.

When asked if she had ever seen the car look this clean before, Ms Ambler answered: “Not that clean before, no. Never.”

13:00

Defence probes more about Lacomba's taxi

Rebecca Trowler QC, the defence barrister, began asking the witness about where Lacomba’s taxi was parked the following day.

Ms Trowler said: You’ve mentioned the area which Miss Wellgreen would park her car, it’s right when her car was there, Lacomba would park somewhere else? On October 10, Miss Wellgreen’s car was there?

Ms Ambler said it was unusual that Mr Lacomba didn’t park in car park one.

Trowler: According to your recollection by the time you looked at it, there was a space?

Ms Ambler said: “He could have parked behind Miss Wellgreen’s car, he usually did.

Trowler: On October 10 Lacombas car was clean? Are you saying before October 10 when you saw Lacomba’s car you’d never seen him clean it in four years?

Ms Ambler said: “Not that clean, never.”

Trowler: You’re not saying it had been getting dirtier and dirtier? It looked like a brand new car just out the showroom. It was generally reasonably clean?

Ms Ambler: “Yes, wear and tear dirt but not filthy, filthy.”

BL may well have found out about WHO was buying the house which could have been the edge tipper. Prospect of spending xmas on his own, booking flights the next day as stated by friend, maybe SW mentioned it to BL (passports for children needed) and he reached his peak. All only IMO

The wet bed is V worrying in my eyes. People are known to relieve themselves just after death, could also be drugged drink like previously mentioned
Again all IMO only

Woolwich Crown Court 3 T20197107
ben sebastian lacomba
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 10:28
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 00:00 - 11:22
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 11:38
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 10 Continues - 11:45
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 12:08
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 4 Continues - 12:38
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 4 Continues - 12:49
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 4 Continues - 12:54
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 00:00 - 13:06

Wet bed.......wet pyjama top rolled up on shelf in the shed......bathroom close to Sarah's room......Would it be possible to drown someone quietly?

Also, I wondered if he'd moved Sarah's body out to the car in a wheeled suitcase - hence the "agitated" state when he saw a case in her car?

one more:

13:58
Proof of life enquiries
DC James Greenidge has undertaken ‘proof of life’ enquiries in January, April and September.

DC Greenidge has been called to give evidence over what his investigation showed.

Prosecution, Alison Morgan QC, said there were a series of messages received by Sarah Wellgreen night before she disappeared.

A message from a friend saying “night sweetie”, is thought to be the last one Sarah received.

The DC then confirms no activity on any phone attributed to Sarah Wellgreen since.

Checks had been made to her bank account, including credit cards, confirming there has been no activity since October 9.

There has also been no activity on any network, and her social media page has not been updated since October 9, including any dating apps/websites and her email address.

The last time her passport was used was in October 2017 to Mallorca.

Addressing jury, the judge said: “It’s important not to press too hard to make sure the council has time to reach sensible agreements and make sure everyone is satisfied both side’s cases are being properly explored and presented to you. They will keep working at it this afternoon but we will pick up the evidence tomorrow morning.”

Wet bed.......wet pyjama top rolled up on shelf in the shed......bathroom close to Sarah's room......Would it be possible to drown someone quietly?

Also, I wondered if he'd moved Sarah's body out to the car in a wheeled suitcase - hence the "agitated" state when he saw a case in her car?
Did you see it say in the 'shed'? This is all I saw regarding the wet/damp pyjama top:

15:46

Lacomba arrested and charged

On Tuesday October 16, director of All Night Taxis Nicholas Morris said Lacomba “had a panicky look on his face” when they spoke.

He then attends Dartford County Court at around 10am to sort out custody papers. “Are these the actions of someone who is concerned about the mother of his three children?”

One thing that is not seized, the prosecution believe because it was not there, is a grey and pink woman’s pyjama top in adult size large which reads “Happy bear” with a polar bear on it, rolled up on a shelf.

Alison Morgan said: “We suggest to you it was not there when searches were conducted on an earlier date. That top was wet to the touch to the point that the officers noticed it.”

Police were pictured searching Sarah Wellgreen's home after forcing entry (Image: Jim Bennett)
‘Nothing to suggest Sarah is alive’

UK - UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018

How can they say this was the last text S rec'd when we know people were trying to get ahold of her via text the next morning, and next day, etc?

Prosecution, Alison Morgan QC, said there were a series of messages received by Sarah Wellgreen night before she disappeared.

A message from a friend saying “night sweetie”, is thought to be the last one Sarah received.

The DC then confirms no activity on any phone attributed to Sarah Wellgreen since.

How can they say this was the last text S rec'd when we know people were trying to get ahold of her via text the next morning, and next day, etc?

I think they may be saying that in the investigation/prosecutions proposed narrative, it was the last text SW received when alive/conscious/able to read it ?

If later texts were sent but not read then the last read text could be presumed to be the last proveable point of that person being alive?

Although as BL went through the phone, would he have opened texts that were unread at that point ( i.e the ones SW never got to see)

Eta last 2 paragraphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member