UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Detectives investigating the disappearance and potential murder of a missing mum of five say they have received more than 2,000 hours of CCTV from scores of locations.

Officers working on the disappearance of 46-year-old Sarah Wellgreen say they have begun close examinations of the footage.

Detectives view thousands of hours of footage

There aren't many places in the UK you can't be seen within a couple of seconds of leaving your House. Here's hoping.

I’m still amazed at the amount of CCTV cameras on the house. I know the system was switched off, but if you look at the positioning of them and the amount it looks very over the top/paranoid. There is also a camera which faces across the neighbours house too, effectively pointing away from the shared property. Who would allow that? I wouldn’t want my neighbours being able to record my comings and goings. For a domestic property the set up of cctv is very strange.

@ Alyce, with all the usual 'gossip and misinformation' who knows really? Hopefully the police.
There was also this reported in The Sun =Does the complicated love life of mum-of-five hold key to her disappearance?
One of the last sightings of Sarah — who friends describe as a “bubbly” and “friendly” mum — was on the morning she disappeared.
Fellow parents at the school gates told The Sun how she appeared fine as they shared a laugh.

One dad said: “She made a joke and she was really happy and smiley, not acting strangely or like she was going to disappear.”

This does not really tally with NJ's attempted contact early same morning that was not received/answered though.
Last sighting or contact = not confirmed as Tues evening or possible sighting Wed early morning ??

Can't find it now so possibly disregard, but weeks ago thought I read after no response NJ contacted children he then contacted Sarah's parents. As last resort - when?? - he contacted BL.
It seems that everything does add up:

She is said to have disappeared on the Tuesday, so when these fellow parents at the school gates talked about their interaction with her, they were speaking of Tuesday morning. It was later that same (Tuesday) evening when her bf, NJ, said he spoke with her on the phone after 9pm for 15 minutes and she had told him she was in bed. Just hours later, on the following morning (Wednesday), he texted her as usual, to say good morning, but her phone did not receive his text (already turned off/dead).

I think this news (in link above) is saying that 'ONE' of the last sightings of SW was earlier in the morning on the Tuesday.. but I guess we haven't heard when the other, or actual 'final' sighting of her was - and who she was seen by (or who she communicated with electronically, aside from NJ)... LE knows for sure that she was alive and out and about and 'normal' on the Tuesday morning..

"One of the last sightings of Sarah — who friends describe as a “bubbly” and “friendly” mum — was on the morning she disappeared." Fellow parents at the school gates told The Sun how she appeared fine as they shared a laugh."

"... Sarah, who has not contacted her family or used her phone or bank card since Tuesday, October 9, ..."

"... Sarah Wellgreen who has not been seen since the evening of Tuesday October 9th"

"Detective Inspector Chris Greenstreet yesterday reissued his appeal for any CCTV and dashcam footage taken within a five-mile radius of New Ash Green ‘on the night of 9th to 10th October’."

Volunteers asking for people to put up new posters for Sarah Volunteers searching for missing mum Sarah Wellgreen are asking for help
and interesting article about people helping co-ordinate volunteers to find out what has happened to Sarah Sarah Wellgreen: Volunteers blast claims that they were 'stood down' by police investigators | News Shopper
well done to them and to o2 who have donated free phone credits to some of the people involved in helping. They are also trying to protect the children whose lives have been turned upside down, how do they go to school, go out with their friends when they don't know where their mother is and their father is suspected?

Lacomba is on bail until the 16th Nov (first arrested on 16th Oct) so I think this must be the standard 28 day bail period when police must either charge you or release you from the bail conditions. In some circumstances this can be extended 28-day limit on police bail comes into force
It seems to me unlikely that someone would use a distinctive vehicle like a red taxi to move a body. Especially someone who has their own cameras and knows how much CCTV is around the area. Obviously police will have looked for blood etc in the house and in any vehicles they know Lacomba is associated with but if victims are strangled or if any wounds are wrapped up there may be no blood and of course Sarah would have been likely to have used these vehicles in normal life and there were two clear days for clean up before she was even reported missing. I wonder if her own car was used and if they have any cadaver dog hits in the house or any of the vehicles. Indicative but of course no use in a court.
I hope something miraculous happens and Sarah isn't deceased but if she is and she is not found soon evidence of what happened could be ebbing away. Still worried she may have ended up in some sort of landfill.

Sarah's current boyfriend making another appeal for information, seems he has young children too who are missing Sarah
, Partner's plea to bring back 'perfect' Sarah Wellgreen

Bail time up for Lacomba tomorrow, very difficult for police to act without finding her. You can't fault them for the number of searches they have done. I wonder if they can identify and link a car to the suspect on CCTV but then it is lost at some point so they can't narrow down a search area. Unlikely at this point I would have thought that any further sightings of a car/CCTV/suspicious activity is going to come in now.
Going to be a case of dismantling someone's narrative of what happened and piling on the pressure. Hopefully police have some leverage there.

I've been reading up about Bail without charge, and thought this snipped bit (rest of link worth reading too) was informative as in my ignorance I was assuming that after 28 days someone had to be charged or released from bail. Not so, bail can be extended without charge in certain circumstances:

RELEASE ON BAIL WITHOUT CHARGE

In short, since 3rd April 2017 a person arrested may be released on bail – the date of release being known as the “bail start date” - subject to an “applicable bail period” which has a maximum of 28 days. (In certain “designated” cases this extends to 3 months.) This is particularly relevant where conditions are attached to bail.

The applicable bail period can be extended by a “senior officer” – usually a Superintendent or above – to a maximum of 3 months from the bail start date.

There are 4 statutory conditions to be met before that can be done:

A. The “decision-maker” (in standard cases, the Superintendent) must have reasonable grounds for suspecting that the person is guilty of the relevant offence;

B. S/he must have grounds for believing that the additional time is needed either to make a charging decision or that further investigation is needed of any matter in connection with the relevant offence;

C. S/he must have grounds for believing that the investigation or charging decision is being considered “diligently and expeditiously”;

D. S/he must have reasonable grounds for believing that the extension is “necessary and proportionate in all the circumstances (having regard, in particular, to any conditions of bail that have been imposed)”.

It is possible that, even with that extension the police may still want more time; in such cases they may apply to a Magistrates’ Court for a further extension, up to a maximum of 6 months from the bail start date (and in some cases, up to 9 months, where even more additional time is required in relation to the investigation or charging decision); if that happens, the Court applies the same conditions except Condition A - there is no obligation to have reasonable grounds for suspecting that the suspect is guilty of the offence. (Statutory time limits in summary proceedings will of course continue to apply.)

Last edited:
Sarah's current boyfriend making another appeal for information, seems he has young children too who are missing Sarah
, Partner's plea to bring back 'perfect' Sarah Wellgreen

Bail time up for Lacomba tomorrow, very difficult for police to act without finding her. You can't fault them for the number of searches they have done. I wonder if they can identify and link a car to the suspect on CCTV but then it is lost at some point so they can't narrow down a search area. Unlikely at this point I would have thought that any further sightings of a car/CCTV/suspicious activity is going to come in now.
Going to be a case of dismantling someone's narrative of what happened and piling on the pressure. Hopefully police have some leverage there.
You had me there! I misread and thought you were saying that SW's bf also had children *missing*! lol
Anyway..... have there been any pleas from the father of SW's young kids??
I am sorry that I am not able to keep up with all of the posts on this popular thread.. but just wondering if people had noticed and discussed that when SW moved back into her home with her ex - the ex's 'wife' was also living there at the time, and moved out after a time, due to not getting along with SW?
"Mr Lacomba said his wife Marilyn used to live with him and Miss Wellgreen to help them bring up their three children. She left after disagreements with Miss Wellgreen."
Sarah Wellgreen's ex-partner's father says son 'has done nothing wrong' | Daily Mail Online

You had me there! I misread and thought you were saying that SW's bf also had children *missing*! lol
Anyway..... have there been any pleas from the father of SW's young kids??
I am sorry that I am not able to keep up with all of the posts on this popular thread.. but just wondering if people had noticed and discussed that when SW moved back into her home with her ex - the ex's 'wife' was also living there at the time, and moved out after a time, due to not getting along with SW?
"Mr Lacomba said his wife Marilyn used to live with him and Miss Wellgreen to help them bring up their three children. She left after disagreements with Miss Wellgreen."
Sarah Wellgreen's ex-partner's father says son 'has done nothing wrong' | Daily Mail Online

Good spot. I hadn't read that anyone else had been living in the house before. But I'm wondering if the article is confusingly written and it means Mr. Lacomba senior's wife had been living there? Ie Sarah's ex-mother-in-law, not another wife of Ben Lacomba (that would be weird). Grandmothers tend to do a lot of childcare these days. The name Marilyn in the UK at least I would say suggests a slightly older woman. Probably become clearer after time!

It would appear so Alyce. It seems to fit all 4 of the 'statutory conditions' mentioned in my link in #108 above.
I notice it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in MSM why BL was arrested and bailed but perhaps that is normal.?

From what I've read on MSM seems the police are now concentrating on a more specific area - or have I misunderstood that? Primarily the search appeared to be within 10 miles even the other side of nearby motorways, but now centered closer to Ash Green?

Sadly I think all here have the 'unwanted' knowledge of how killers try to hide/dispose of their victim's body - tmi - and I'm confident the police are even better informed. I feel Sarah will be found eventually, sadly.

Re: @ deugertni's query about Marilyn... I read somewhere on MSM that it was BL's mother as RosalindaA suggests. Difficult situation, thoughts with all relatives.

Bumping For Sarah
I hope they locate her in some shape or form soon.
my heart goes out to all her family and friends especially her poor children and all they must be going through.

Hi all , I'm not new to this site or this case it just took me a while to catch up, Im also in the uk but man I'm having a dreadful time combing through the MSM and building a case file of my own of correct info and a time line etc to keep track better , I keep checking for updates but the last MSM article was dated the 22nd of November I hope we hear more soon and please if umm theres anyone out there who can help me finish my case file on this, please let me know the help would be greatly appreciated, also I don't want to give my "JMO"or my "thoughts and theories " until I'm sure I've not missed anything or risk making a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member