Presumed Located UK - Sean Stoakes, 31, last seen 9pm pub, Reading, Berks, 6 Sep 2021, *considered vulnerable*

MsMiniSleuth

Reaction score
0_Sean-Stokes-was-last-seen-on-Monday-evening.jpg

Police are appealing for help to find a man who has gone missing from Reading.

Sean Stokes was last seen at The Monks Retreat pub in Friar Street at 9pm on Monday evening.

The 31-year-old was wearing black Puma trainers, grey tracksuit trousers, a light blue polo top and possibly a camouflage jacket while riding a black bike.

Anyone who has seen Sean or knows anything about his potential whereabouts is asked to call 101.

A Thames Valley Police statement on Twitter on Tuesday morning read: “Help us trace #Missing man Sean Stokes, aged 31.

“Seen at 9pm yesterday at The Monk's Retreat, Friar St, Reading.

“Wearing black Puma trainers, grey tracksuit trousers, a light blue polo top and possibly a camouflage jacket riding a black bike. Pls share and call 101 with info.”

A 31-year-old man from reading has been reported missing

0_Sean-Stokes-was-last-seen-on-Monday-evening.jpg

Police are appealing for help to find a man who has gone missing from Reading.

Sean Stokes was last seen at The Monks Retreat pub in Friar Street at 9pm on Monday evening.

The 31-year-old was wearing black Puma trainers, grey tracksuit trousers, a light blue polo top and possibly a camouflage jacket while riding a black bike.

Anyone who has seen Sean or knows anything about his potential whereabouts is asked to call 101.

A Thames Valley Police statement on Twitter on Tuesday morning read: “Help us trace #Missing man Sean Stokes, aged 31.

“Seen at 9pm yesterday at The Monk's Retreat, Friar St, Reading.

“Wearing black Puma trainers, grey tracksuit trousers, a light blue polo top and possibly a camouflage jacket riding a black bike. Pls share and call 101 with info.”

A 31-year-old man from reading has been reported missing
All I could think about while reading this is his dark clothes and a dark bike. If he was last seen at 9p.m. chances are he may have been out riding in the dark. It didn't say but I wonder if he was drinking some of the pub ale. A tricky combo with his diabetes.

I'd be looking at roadways/ditches where he usually rides or walks. With his dark clothing, I fear he could have been hit by a car and left somewhere on the side of the road.

All I could think about while reading this is his dark clothes and a dark bike. If he was last seen at 9p.m. chances are he may have been out riding in the dark. It didn't say but I wonder if he was drinking some of the pub ale. A tricky combo with his diabetes.

I'd be looking at roadways/ditches where he usually rides or walks. With his dark clothing, I fear he could have been hit by a car and left somewhere on the side of the road.

He is usually found some while after disappearing, as gleaned from last two incidences. But of course with his health there is always the fear that the next time he may not be so lucky.

The first incidence link also contains this much earlier report which shows he hasn't had an exactly carefree life.

'Find who did this to my son'

Post deleted by me. I had the wrong google map. City of Reading, Berks County, USA. :eek:

Last edited:
Wondering if they have checked River Kennit only a short bike ride away.

So... if he has some kind of medical issue, where he keeps disappearing, why is he alone at a bar? Why doesn't his family put a tracker in his phone or something?

He is usually found some while after disappearing, as gleaned from last two incidences. But of course with his health there is always the fear that the next time he may not be so lucky.

The first incidence link also contains this much earlier report which shows he hasn't had an exactly carefree life.

'Find who did this to my son'

So... if he has some kind of medical issue, where he keeps disappearing, why is he alone at a bar? Why doesn't his family put a tracker in his phone or something?

His mother is also disabled, according to the article linked at the top of the post.

We are still appealing for the public’s help to trace Sean Stokes!
He is aged 31 from Caversham, Reading.
He is described as white, 5ft 6 ins tall, slim build and wears glasses.
Sean has medical needs and as such we need to check that he is okay.
We are releasing new images of Sean at Reading train station before he travelled to London.
We believe he has been in the Ilford and Camden areas of London this morning and he is using the tube to travel.
Please share our appeal and if you see him or someone matching his description please call Thames Valley Police on 101 quoting reference 2129 07/09/2021.
upload_2021-9-9_17-4-7.pngupload_2021-9-9_17-4-7.jpeg
upload_2021-9-9_17-4-7.jpeg

I often think the same sort of thing when reading threads on this forum but legally there's nothing you can do to stop someone making unwise decisions if they have capacity

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back