Deceased/Not Found UK - Steven Clark, 23, disabled, Saltburn, Dec 1992

I wonder why the Police are putting so much weight to this witness who's just came forward after 28 years saying they saw him that day? Lack of other leads?

I couldn't tell you what someone I passed in the street yesterday looked like let alone 28 years ago!

I wonder why the Police are putting so much weight to this witness who's just came forward after 28 years saying they saw him that day? Lack of other leads?

I couldn't tell you what someone I passed in the street yesterday looked like let alone 28 years ago!
It's possible someone else was with Stephen when the witness saw him and they have only now come forward. JMO

Under what circumstances would his disappearance change to murder?

I am not sure what actual evidence they would need .
It said in one of the recent articles that the cold team investigating officers made that decision when they re-opened the case.

It could be that it was obvious he had not been involved in an accident or left home voluntarily so murder was the only reason for his disappearance.
Something in the anonymous letter could also have backed up that he was murdered.

Steven Clark Appeal Hits the Road

The senior detective leading the investigation into the disappearance of Steven Clark has thanked the public for their response, as a digivan emblazoned with the latest appeal for information drives around the streets of Marske-by-the Sea.

Tens of thousands of people have seen the police appeals online, but the investigation team wants to get into the heart of the community with the digital billboard.

EiwAVZzXYAEWET0

This was addressed earlier in the thread. She realized the day after she saw him that she had passed him on the street the day he went missing. (He has a gait problem/limp.) She just didn't realize at the time that that information was significant. I believe that now she's responding to recent pleas from the police regarding sightings/other info that they've put out to the public since re-opening the investigation as part of a new team going back over cold cases.

Missing man 'on his way to parents suspected of killing him he vanished'

Missing Steven Clark appeared to be “on his way home” to the parents suspected of his murder, when he was seen by a new witness on the day he vanished 28 years ago.

The witness came forward to say that she saw Steven between 3pm and 4pm in Marske-by-the-Sea, North Yorks – a short distance from the house – on December 28, 1992.

Lead investigator Det Chief Insp Shaun Page said: “I now believe Steven was still alive – minutes from his home.

“Obviously one option is that he was on his way home – there is a likelihood that he was – and this is really significant in terms of what happened to Steven next.”

The cold case review has established that Steven was happy at the time he disappeared, with a new a girlfriend and job interviews lined up.

Steven, who walked with a pronounced limp as a result of a car accident when he was two, was heading in the direction of The Ship Inn when the new witness saw him.

DCI Page would like to establish if he went into the pub that day.

BBM

Had a new girlfriend? Interesting.

I wonder whether Stephen used to take regular walks with his mum and one day he said he was going for a walk with his girlfriend instead.

I wonder who gave the information about a girl friend.It would be interesting to know whether it was someone he was friendly with at the centre where he was awarded apprentice of the year or a more serious relationship.
I am imagining it could be a girl who had similar disabilities to him.

Had a new girlfriend? Interesting.

I wonder whether Stephen used to take regular walks with his mum and one day he said he was going for a walk with his girlfriend instead.

Also have they spoken to people he may have made friends with/knew/confided in at Cheshire Home then and now?
Surely this would have been basic Police work?

Last edited:
Parents of man who went missing 28 years ago hit out over arrest for his murder

Police treated it as missing person’s case but earlier this year a cold case unit decided it was murder – and detectives turned their focus on his elderly parents Charles, 78, and Doris, 81.

They were quizzed on suspicion of his murder as police dug up their garden.

The couple - both former police officers - protested their innocence and following their release on bail they hit out at the ongoing probe.

Speaking to The Sun at the family home in Marske, North Yorkshire, Charles branded the investigation as “scandalous” and a “fishing expedition”.

Doris also criticised the inquiry by Cleveland and North Yorkshire Police cold case unit saying it was “farcical” and adding: "We did not do anything to Steven.”

BBM

"a cold case unit decided it was murder"..... someone please inform the public how they reached that conclusion.
IMHO they appear not to know too much about Steven and his life given the appeals for information from those who knew him.

Sofar, the only results they have achieved are a search of his parents' house and garden that apparently yielded nothing incriminating and confirming the hunch that his mother had at the time, namely that Steven upped and left the restroom without waiting for her.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings of course, and tomorrow may bring different news, but sofar Cleveland & Yorkshire Police vs Mrs Doris Clark stands at 0 - 2 for Doris.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back