Deceased/Not Found UK - Steven Clark, 23, disabled, Saltburn, Dec 1992

I think that people watching the programme will be fooled by Doris's acting and feel sorry for the parents. MWT is trying to gain sympathy for them.

I actually like the way MWT is doing this show (not been a fan of his previous crime shows on ITV).

Obviously with direct access to the parents he can't just accuse them of murder and dismiss their POV but you can tell with his discussions with the former police officer he's pretty sceptical of what they're saying to him.

Mentioning the award now which has been mentioned on previous pages, presented to him by Andrew Neil (formerly of BBC and now of GB news) and looked like quite a high profile event.

Parents claiming he was affected by his nan's death and not being able to secure full time job which is fair enough but I doubt those are reasons for running away suddenly.

Police can't confirm Charles actually went to the Boro match on that day.

Interesting little tidbit there to keep this thread flowing for next few weeks...

Anon letter written by female who had no contact with Clark family at all so sounds just like a random person thinking they did it.

Police believe he's dead anyway.

Interesting little tidbit there to keep this thread flowing for next few weeks...

Anon letter written by female who had no contact with Clark family at all so sounds just like a random person thinking they did it.

It has always bothered me that the letter writer misspelt his name on the envelope.

I think that people watching the programme will be fooled by Doris's acting and feel sorry for the parents. MWT is trying to gain sympathy for them.

A thought struck me and the programme didn't refer to it at all. Did no-one see them walking to the place where the toilets are though, given it's about a 45 minute walk? Surely others around. Maybe no-one came forward. If it was Dec. 28th it would be a Bank Holiday for Boxing Day which would have been the Sat. Should have been many out walking.

I tend to think they had nothing to do with it but maybe grey-haired man harmed him. I think the cops still suspect them privately though.

Last edited:

After 29 years he most likely is.

Just watching the start, surprised the daughter/sister isn't involved. Guess she dosen't want the limelight.

Probably married with family of her own and doesn't want any publicity, reporters hanging around her etc. Don't think I would either. No word of where she was at the time, at home or not.

Hi All...id never heard of this case but just happened to watch the TV programme tonight.
A very odd and interesting case. A few thoughts ..not knowing any background at all.

Odd that he just happened to not go to the football that day.

Odd if not one person came forward to say they had seen him and his mother walking that day .

Hadn't got any belongings with him ... he may not have had his wallet but not his glasses or watch

I realise that not everyone thinks the same way .. but ..I would have definitely gone to mens toilet entrance and shouted his name and likely gone in when no one inside..this is nothing to do with his disabilities or age etc ...id have done it to anyone I was waiting for before walking off

Have police confirmed that the father definitely went to the match that day?

Probably married with family of her own and doesn't want any publicity, reporters hanging around her etc. Don't think I would either. No word of where she was at the time, at home or not.

Yes again going back in previous pages and threads on this I think it was found she was actually at Uni at the time but would've likely been back at home given it was the holiday period as majority of students area.

Her whereabouts on day in question and days after never been reported.

If Doris saw two men and a child outside the gents while she was waiting for Steven, were these two ever located? Surely that would confirm whether or not her story was true?

Yorkshire folk often have a strong reserve, particularly in public, with not showing feelings, so I don't put too much weight on that. But what I do find incomprehensible is that she saw her son go in the toilets, but never come out. How? Impossible unless there was another exit (unlikely) or he climbed out of a window (also unlikely). And surely after a certain amount of time age would have just gone to door and called him and asked if he was okay, and gone in if got no response. I find it impossible to believe she did neither, just merely walked home alone.

Or did she say he went in, then she went to ladies herself, and then came back to wait for him? I missed that bit on doc. If so, then yes, he could easily have left and walked off.

BBM

Thanks for reporting, I can't watch the programme so it is nice to have a live feed ;)

About the line that I bolded:

I wonder what the context was of this non-confirmation? Did LE check at the time? The parents weren't suspects then and Steven was supposed to have gone missing, there was no assumed murder case.
So would this 'cannot confirm' be more of a polite way to say that they did not do their homework? Or did they really expect that Charles would have kept the ticket all these years?

If find it still very odd that a letter written by a random stranger with no inside information or detailed knowledge of the family would become so central in the investigation, decades after the officers at that time put it aside - and rightly so IMO.

Yes again going back in previous pages and threads on this I think it was found she was actually at Uni at the time but would've likely been back at home given it was the holiday period as majority of students area.

Her whereabouts on day in question and days after never been reported.

Thanks for that info.

Or did she say he went in, then she went to ladies herself, and then came back to wait for him? I missed that bit on doc. If so, then yes, he could easily have left and walked off.

I seem to remember someone here saying that women tend to take longer in the loo than us men. So let's assume he came out before her, why didn't he wait for her? Unless the grey-haired man, if there was one, persuaded him to go somewhere with him. Quite plausible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back