UK - Stuart Lubbock, raped & killed, Michael Barrymore mansion, Essex, 31 Jan 2001 *arrest in 2021*

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by missacorah, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Kitkat28

Kitkat28 Well-Known Member

This is the main issue IMO. If something terrible happened in my house that I had nothing to do with, I would be desperate to help the police in any way I could and clear my own name. Any innocent person would, surely.

2. altojack

altojack Well-Known Member

On page 2 of the thread there is a list of links regarding the news as it broke and what people were saying.

3. altojack

I certainly wouldn't be blaming the annal injuries on the person that did the autopsy, like MB did.

4. Sarahlou

Sarahlou Well-Known Member

I think it's disgusting how nobody at that party has come forward to say who did it, all these years.

5. sundaaaay

sundaaaay Well-Known Member

I agree, you don't leave your house is someone dies at a party, you stay and wait for the police & ambulance. You want to get to the bottom of it. Mr.Barrymore runs away! You couldn't make it up.

If Stuart had drowned in the pool, it would have been a tragic accident, it would have been sad, but everyone's story would have added up and he wouldn't have had severe injuries. There would have been no reason for everyone's story to not add up (other than minor differences due to intoxication). The funny thing is their stories are completely different to one another.

Mr.Barrymore is the only person we have evidence had a sexual motive and the only person at the time with the wealth and celebrity to keep people silent. His boyfriend was supposedly visibly jealous of this attraction towards Stuart, which is also a potential motive. But had the boyfriend done it alone and Mr. Barrymore knew, would he really let someone else's actions destroy his career? I doubt it, because it was only a new relationship and it didn't last much longer after the incident anyway.

The issue I have with a single person inserting the penetrative object, is that I don't think someone could have done it alone. If this was the case, more people's stories would have matched, apart from the perpetrator. On the contrary, if everyone seen what had happened, someone would have told the truth because not everyone in the group was loyal to one another, and I don't believe it would have been possible to agree for everyone (especially while intoxicated) to agree on a story.

So I think the only plausible scenario is that a few people were involved, a few lied to protect Barrymore, and the others genuinely don't know.

tedtink, Lincoln34 and Scorpiette like this.
  6. cbeagle

cbeagle Member

Is there any link for that, that he wanted to have sex with SL? I can't see anything in that article and its video about MB saying he wanted to have sex with a specific person, it seems as though MB was speaking to the taxi driver.

AliceInPain, Owlpellet and altojack like this.
  7. Kitkat28

No, there’s absolutely no proof that he wanted to have sex with Stuart, or that anyone was “jealous” about it.

Honestly, some of the things being stated as fact in this thread are no more than opinion, rumour or gossip. I don’t know why they are not being qualified as such.

8. sundaaaay

To my knowledge there is evidence that the boyfriend at the time was visibly upset that me Barrymore had left in a taxi with Stuart

altojack likes this.
  9. sundaaaay

Also he had been singled out by Barrymore at the club, and invited back to his house.

altojack likes this.
  10. altojack

I'm sure there was, I don't have time now but will look tomorrow.

11. Sheila Terranova

Sheila Terranova Well-Known Member

I wish you would also investigate the Abby and Libby murders. I called in a tip on a man I thought was a likely suspect.

12. altojack

The links on page 2 have been updated and no longer from 2001. There certainly was no opinion from me and I did state that I would find the links today.

elliefant likes this.
  13. Legally Bland

Legally Bland Well-Known Member

From the case between Barrymore (Parker) and Essex Police:
    ______

34. First, Mr Kelleher, a former work colleague of Mr Kenney, had made a statement on
    26 January 2007 to the effect that Mr Kenney had given him an account shortly after
    the incident. This was that there were often drug-fuelled parties at Mr Parker’s home
    and on the night of the incident Mr Parker started pestering Mr Lubbock for sex
    whereupon Mr Kenney had told Mr Parker that Mr Lubbock was “straight” and
    subsequently Mr Kenney and Mr Parker had a “fracas”. According to the document,
    this account was “made all the more credible” by the fact that Mr Kelleher was shown
    on the scene log as arriving at Mr Parker’s address at 8.38 am on 31 March 2001.

Court of Appeal (Civil): Michael Ciaran Parker -v- Chief Constable of Essex Police

Attached Files:

14. altojack

Thanks for posting this vvvv interesting read.

15. Kitkat28

From that document:

11. At about 5.47 am, Mr Lubbock was found in the pool, unconscious and not breathing, dressed only in boxer shorts. Attempts to resuscitate him failed and the emergency services were called; they arrived at 5.56 am.

This part is interesting; who tried to resuscitate him? I’m sure somewhere earlier in the thread in was mentioned that no resuscitation attempts were made.

16. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Well-Known Member

17. altojack

Lyanna, CrimeAway, tedtink and 7 others like this.
  18. Funky funky

Funky funky Well-Known Member

Just to let you all know, Tony Bennet - author of the book on Stuart’s death (that was produced alongside Stuart’s father) is offering free copies of his book ‘Not Awight’.
    All you have to do is email him to request a copy. Please message me if you need the email or it can be found on Twitter. I have just received my copy and I’m looking forward to reading it.

19. altojack

No books left to give away. I had a very quick reply.

elliefant, Skigh and Legally Bland like this.
  20. altojack

So what's going on here, anything new?

Scorpiette and elliefant like this.