UK UK - Tapiwa ”Tapi“ Russell Matuwi, 21, Fiction nightclub, Swansea, South Wales, 7 Feb 2019

Bumping.
The faces of Wales' missing men and women
May 20 2021
0_JKR_20191121_MissingPeople-21.jpg

''IT graduate Tapiwa went missing at the age of 21. His family have made fresh appeals to bring him home.

He's been missing from Swansea since February 7, 2019. The last sighting of him was at Swansea Yacht Club at around 7am that day.

Tapi, as he is known, had been enjoying a night out in Swansea city centre and had been at Fiction nightclub in Little Wind Street with friends before he went missing.

He was active on WhatsApp around two and a half hours before he was sighted at the yacht club.

(Image: missingpeople.org.uk)''

Bumping for Tapi.

3 years yesterday. He would be 24 now; his sister is 13.

For me, there were some lines of enquiry that afaik remain untapped: for instance the mystery man caught on CCTV on Trawler Road who may also have been in the nightclub with Tapi and his friends (see link below); and whether police ever found who he'd been messaging at 4.50. I think I'm also right in saying that a door-to-door was never done in the marina area, even though there would have been some visibility by 7am. It would be good if the police would do a cold case review or if Locate would take it on.

Family desperate for answers on day missing graduate turns 22

This case reminds me a bit of Leah Croucher. There's a certain level of knowledge about both Tapi's and Leah's movments, and then they just disappear. It's confounding, and it's so awful to think of their families waiting so very long for the answers they so desperately need :(

This case reminds me a bit of Leah Croucher. There's a certain level of knowledge about both Tapi's and Leah's movments, and then they just disappear. It's confounding, and it's so awful to think of their families waiting so very long for the answers they so desperately need :(

I thought exactly this. It's like one minute they are pictured on CCTV just walking then poof! They've disappeared! The not knowing must be torture for the families. :(

The missing people in Wales who have never been found

The IT graduate known as Tapi went missing from Swansea. The 21-year-old was last seen on February 7 2019 after a night out in the city centre. His family have made numerous appeals for him to come home.

Footage released by South Wales Police shortly after Tapi's disappearance showed him entering McDonalds on Oxford Street before he is captured outside the restaurant heading towards Caer Street, New Cut Road and Quay Parade.

The last known sighting of Tapi came at 7.06am at Swansea Yacht Club, around two and a half hours after he was last active on his WhatsApp account.

IT graduate Tapiwa disappeared after a night out in Swansea, Wales, on February 7, 2019.

The hip hop artist had been to the city's Fiction nightclub with friends and was last seen on CCTV walking by the marina at 7am.

After that, he vanished.

For his family, the pain of not knowing what happened to their son has been unbearable. They held a concert, posted flyers and launched appeals, but there were never any leads.

"We are scarred forever, we have an important part of our family missing," his father Munyaradzi Zvada told the BBC.

"There is the CCTV, and then no information, it is like a wild goose chase. I know somebody knows something or saw something, but no-one is saying anything.

"It is a busy area, people are always walking their dogs, somebody out there knows something, why would they withhold that information?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back