UK - the late Jimmy Savile and the underage sex charges now confronting the BBC

Because of the date they happened, it's a maximum of 2 years for each offence. So the link above says it could be a maximum sentence of 16 years 'but that is highly unlikely'.

O/T but the sentence in the judge Constance Briscoe has just been announced too - 16 months. I'm not sure we have a thread for that though.

Oooh. Judge just said Clifford's 'largely responsible' for victims not coming forward and so he shouldn't 'benefit' from that delay.

Judge says just one offence would have earned an eight yr sentence today, but age of offences means that doesn't apply.

Sky says judge said it would have been 10 yrs (not 8 as Mirror says).

So, that's it. He will very likely be paroled after four years (unless he maintains he is not guilty and shows no remorse).

I think he has been taken away now. His PR employees are there, so I guess they may make a statement outside.

In case anyone's confused at the different offender names appearing in this thread, they have all been investigated under British police's 'Operation Yewtree' - an investigation into historical sex crimes committed by minor and not-so-minor celebrities.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-27201568

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back