Found Deceased UK - Thomas Jones, 18, Worcester, 19 Sep 2018

Possibly to verify statements given by the two released men?
In that case surely it would be the police actually asking for the cctv rather than the public search?

Can't help but wonder if the arrests were due to some well meaning but incorrect report to the police due to all the publicity the case has had.

I assume the two lads arrested were the two on CCTV that they published, but I don't know where those stills were from, maybe the club they'd been in. Still seems very odd to have to used the murder word, you'd think 'helping with enquiries' would have been a bit more cautious.

Family clinging to hope.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-hereford-worcester-45639776

I don't think the possible sighting will come to much, where was he for the 10 or so hours in between being at the bridge and this incident? He would need to sleep/eat/drink at some stage. Doesn't make any sense that he would just pop up again with nobody noticing him in between.

Given where he was last known to be, it seems overwhelmingly likely that he went into the river. The Severn can flow fast after snow or heavy rain over Wales but there hasn't been much rain at all over the summer. I can't help thinking he'll be found a mile or two downstream from the Sabrina Bridge.

Given where he was last known to be, it seems overwhelmingly likely that he went into the river. The Severn can flow fast after snow or heavy rain over Wales but there hasn't been much rain at all over the summer. I can't help thinking he'll be found a mile or two downstream from the Sabrina Bridge.

This is my thoughts too Melmouth.

They were still showing the missing posters asking for sightings at the Albion match on the big screens last night before and after the match.

I agree it is most likely he'll be found in the river, his phone died at 3.51am.

His parents were interviewed on BBC news a few days ago and the first thing they said was that they're realists, I think they know the likely outcome here.

It just really breaks my heart in these cases when people decide they've sighted a missing person because it's all over social media. False hope can be a very cruel gift.

I agree it is most likely he'll be found in the river, his phone died at 3.51am.

The question is how and why he would have gone into the river.

Accounts indicate he was not drunk when he and his friends left the bar so it seems unlikely he would have been acting the fool, eg trying to walk along the guardrail, and fallen in.

He might have gone for a pee in the river but I can't see that he'd have done that from the bridge itself. He was too sober for that. He might have gone down the bank to the river's edge for a pee and slipped in, but because he was pretty sober I would expect him to have struggled and shouted for help for at least several minutes unless he struck his head when he fell. There may have been nobody about to hear him but it would probably have been quiet at that time of the morning so his voice might have carried for a while.

The issue with this is that there would have been no need for him to go near the water to pee without being noticed at that time of the morning because his route after he left the bridge shows roadside trees and shrubs that would have provided cover. This is a view from the road beside the bridge looking towards St John's Campus:

Google Maps

As posted earlier, he might have dropped his phone after sending the last message and if it landed on the river bank he might have gone down to retrieve it and slipped in. Same considerations as above.

Could he have been attacked and thrown or pushed into the river? It's certainly possible, and we are seeing far more violent attacks on random strangers than I can remember before, but I think that would have created much more of a disturbance than him simply falling in the river, with a lot more shouting and so on.

And that leaves suicide. From reports he was now a week into his course. The previous week's Freshers' Week fun was over and done with and actual study had now started. Was he simply already overwhelmed by the step up from A Level to university level study and felt he'd made a mistake but was worried about "letting down" his parents if he dropped out?

Of the above, I'm inclined to discount attack since it should have created a fair disturbance but nobody heard or saw anything. I think falling in the river by fooling about or going for a pee, which would be top of the list if he had been really drunk, are less likely because he was pretty sober. So a retrieving-his-phone accident or suicide seem the most likely to me. However unless his body when they find it shows clear signs of violence we probably will never know the how or why.

Message on the FB page:

Just to make things crystal clear. TOM DID NOT SEND A SNAPCHAT TO HIS FLAT MATES AT 3:51 ON WEDNESDAY MORNING! I am aware that a false timeline is being circulated that Tom did Snapchat his flatmates. This is NOT true. The last known contact we have with Tom was at 3:46 when he sent a message on Messenger to his flatmate.

FIND JONAH!

Such a sad but intriguing case ..just trying to catch up but has there been any indication why (and the night before) he didn't use the transport as his friends did ?

Just to make things crystal clear. TOM DID NOT SEND A SNAPCHAT TO HIS FLAT MATES AT 3:51 ON WEDNESDAY MORNING! I am aware that a false timeline is being circulated that Tom did Snapchat his flatmates. This is NOT true. The last known contact we have with Tom was at 3:46 when he sent a message on Messenger to his flatmate.

In view of the above, I'm reposting the map in the Mail a couple of days ago. What this seems to suggest is that he might never have crossed the river at all, though he was probably close to the foot bridge when he messaged his flatmate at 03.46. Even so, the report that his phone went dead just after 03.51 has not been challenged or corrected so either his battery went dead at precisely that moment or it ended up somewhere whence it could not send a signal afterwards. That could be the river.

4518498-6201229-image-a-103_1537802805282.jpg

I'd like to know which mast his phone was pinging (a) at the time of the last message and (b) when it went dead. From the mast map I posted the other day it looks as though the river marks the midway point between various masts so it's possible that his disappearance happened at precisely the spot when the phone should have been signing off from one mast and onto another.

Wish we knew what time he called his parents and for how long. Also whether he got across the bridge or not. Not that it matters, I feel fairly sure Tom ended up in that river. Do we know if the water search and rescue team are still looking?

How can we drum into these kids that they must not walk home by themselves nor let any of their friends walk alone. It just keeps happening.

Did anyone hear the interveiw with a forensic pathologist on the radio yesterday, I don't know his name but it was an interesting listen and he described a case where a man on a night out stopped to relieve himself, somehow fell into a void in a building and his body wasn't found for a year.

This could be the case for both porr Tom and Corrie.

For Tom I'd say that a search for such spaces near Tom's last confirmed location might find him. Saldy I don't think this will have a happy ending

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back