UK - victim allows footage of her being carried to her rape to be aired

zwiebel

Reaction score
Police in West Midlands, UK, have praised a young woman who was raped last October for allowing them to show surveillance of her being carried away by the suspect, just minutes before he attacked her.

The 25-year-old, who was barely conscious, left a 'Walkabout' bar in Birmingham around 4am with the suspect - described as black and wearing blue jeans and a red shirt - and a friend of his called Kevin, who is white and believed to have dwarfism.

Kevin was left behind when the woman was carried away and raped, but police would like to speak to him. Despite Kevin's unusual stature, police haven't been able to trace him or the rape suspect and are appealing for anyone with information to call 101 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.

Video at link:
http://www.independent.ie/world-new...road-minutes-before-being-raped-31474065.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-24-23-32-20-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-24-23-32-20-1.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 95
There seems to be a big omission in the above story that I think police would have been better off tackling head-on. Why the victim was 'barely conscious' when there is no suggestion she was attacked before being carried away.

In my opinion it's because she was probably very, very drunk after leaving a bar at 4am. But that's no excuse for her to be carried off and raped, and in fact obviously made her even more defenceless.

I wish police had dealt with this issue though, instead of skirting round the subject because it makes it seem as though they are trying to hide something, in my opinion.

West Midlands police also issued a photo of Kevin, the witness with dwarfism they want to speak to.

There are only around 6,000 people with the condition in the UK, and the number named Kevin who are of the age to go clubbing and live in or near Birmingham - say under 35? - must be really, really tiny.

West Midlands Police (@WMPolice) tweeted at 11:41am - 24 Aug 15:

As part of the investigation we also released an image of a witness believed to have dwarfism and called Kevin. pic.twitter.com/YAOcft8f8N (https://twitter.com/WMPolice/status/635748797017124866?s=17)

Attachments

• CNKiKY7WUAAX_h6.jpg
    CNKiKY7WUAAX_h6.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 88
There seems to be a big omission in the above story that I think police would have been better off tackling head-on. Why the victim was 'barely conscious' when there is no suggestion she was attacked before being carried away.

In my opinion it's because she was probably very, very drunk after leaving a bar at 4am. But that's no excuse for her to be carried off and raped, and in fact obviously made her even more defenceless.

I wish police had dealt with this issue though, instead of skirting round the subject because it makes it seem as though they are trying to hide something, in my opinion.

Respectfully, maybe the police felt discussing the victims behavior before the attack would have been a bit...insensitive.

She could have been drugged.

I'm a staunch advocate of personal safety and responsibility but I don't think this particular stage of the investigation of a rape is best led with, "the victim was seen getting really really drunk before the rape occurred". Jmo

A very fair point. A date rape drug didn't even cross my mind, which it should have done.

...Is it possible witness 'Kevin' could be employed by one of the several agencies offering people with dwarfism to hire for parties in Birmingham? There seems to be quite a few.

Ok, when I watched the video, I had only read the title description here, not the description in the article. So I watched it 5 times, because I swear it looked like the dwarf was being carried by a woman. :confused:

It's not a funny situation, but if you watch the video again, that's exactly what you'll see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back