UK UK - Victoria 'Vicky' Hall, 17, Trimley St Mary, Suffolk, 18 Sep 1999

Last edited:
Unseen CCTV released as schoolgirl murder probe reopened after 20 years
0_Vicky-Hall-murder-probe-reopened-20-years-after-schoolgirl-strangled-and-dumped-naked-in-ditch.jpg

A still from previously unreleased CCTV footage captured at the entrance to the field in Creeting St Peter

0_Crime-Vicky-Hall-Murder-cctv-footage.jpg

A video still picture of Vicky Hall taken at the Bandbox nightclub two weeks before her disappearance (
Image:
Press Association)

Video still picture of murder victim Vicky Hall (behind) and friend Gemma Algar entering the Bandbox nightclub (
Image:
Press Association)

Unseen CCTV released as schoolgirl murder probe reopened after 20 years
0_Vicky-Hall-murder-probe-reopened-20-years-after-schoolgirl-strangled-and-dumped-naked-in-ditch.jpg

A still from previously unreleased CCTV footage captured at the entrance to the field in Creeting St Peter

A video still picture of Vicky Hall taken at the Bandbox nightclub two weeks before her disappearance (
Image:
Press Association)

Video still picture of murder victim Vicky Hall (behind) and friend Gemma Algar entering the Bandbox nightclub (
Image:
Press Association)
There's a backslash and a W painted on the van and there are windows in the back doors. It should be easy to identify the company logo

New article in the Ipswich Star, not really any new information but at least it keeps Vicky in people's thoughts

Suspect in Vicky Hall murder 'remains under investigation'
''Wright, who murdered five women in Ipswich in 2006, and was living in Felixstowe at the time of Miss Hall's murder, is serving a whole-life tariff at Long Lartin prison in Worcestershire.

Suffolk police, who previously neither confirmed or denied whether Wright was the man arrested, said they would not speculate as to whether the suspect will or will not be questioned further as part of the investigation.''

The life of a serial killer
He moved in with his father and stepmother in Felixstowe and for a time lived with his half-brother, before he started a relationship with Pamela Wright, a divorcee several years older than him. They met in a bingo hall in Felixstowe in 2000.

Wright got a job as a barman at the Brook Hotel in Felixstowe and lived with Pam in the town before moving to Ipswich.

There's a backslash and a W painted on the van and there are windows in the back doors. It should be easy to identify the company logo

I've struggled to make out what was on the van. Are you able to enhance the van so we can see the markings.

I initially wondered if the van belonged to a Company along the road past where Vicky was found. I felt it was a local vehicle due to the killer picking that spot to leave her body. JMO

Police say they are making "significant progress" in a probe into the suspected murder of Suffolk teenager Victoria Hall – with 25 officers and staff working on the case.

Police say they are making "significant progress" in a probe into the suspected murder of Suffolk teenager Victoria Hall – with 25 officers and staff working on the case.

Thank you for posting this update. I haven't looked at the local paper since last Friday. Good to know that the wheels are still turning.

A suspect for the Ipswich murders was from Trimley St Mary

That was Steve Wright, he's locked up forthe murders of the Ipswich prostitutes. His father lived in Trimley St Mary and I believe SW used to return there at times when he'd fallen out with his partner.

That was Steve Wright, he's locked up forthe murders of the Ipswich prostitutes. His father lived in Trimley St Mary and I believe SW used to return there at times when he'd fallen out with his partner.
Unless I've missed something that would rule him out I think Steve Wright is a good shout for being the killer in this case.

1. Death by asphyxiation but no sexual assault. Matches his Ipswich killings.
2. Ties to the local area. Also believed he was staying with his father in Trimley at the time.
3. At the time police tried to trace a vehicle that had been following a woman the night before Victoria went missing. They only had a partial plate and they ran the partial plate against all local vehicles. I believe it came up with like 1000 or so results but one of these vehicles matching the partial plate belonged to Steve Wright, although he was never questioned at the time.

8 hours ago
''By Katy Prickett

A man questioned over the murder of a teenager who went missing in 1999 remains under investigation two years after his arrest, police said.
Victoria Hall, from Trimley St Mary, Suffolk, disappeared on her way home from a nightclub in nearby Felixstowe on 19 September 1999.
Police arrested the man on suspicion of murder in July 2021 after "fresh information" came to light.
The force said it continued "to make excellent progress" with the case.
A police spokesman said no "further information" would be provided in relation to the arrested man.''

''The case was reopened in 2019 after "fresh information" was received, said Suffolk police.

A team of 17 officers and staff is working full-time on the case and officers were "continuing to make excellent progress in what is a lengthy and methodical process", a police spokesman added.
Det Ch Insp Matthew Connick said: "We remain fully committed to this inquiry.
"The work being undertaken is extremely time consuming but absolutely necessary."
1695131164145.png
Victoria Hall was 17 when she was snatched about 300 yards away from her home and killed
1695131116449.png

Dan Warburton 19 Sep 2023
''Detectives probing Suffolk Strangler Steve Wright over a teenager’s murder in 1999 said they are making major progress.

The serial killer, 65, lived half a mile from Victoria Hall, 17, when she vanished 24 years ago yesterday. Wright, who is serving a whole life term for the murder of five sex workers, was arrested in July 2021 on suspicion of killing the schoolgirl. He was taken into police custody and remains under investigation.

Detectives said they remain committed to Victoria’s inquiry, with a full-time team of 17 officers and police staff. Suffolk Police said: “They are continuing to make excellent progress in a lengthy and methodical process.” Officers began reinvestigating the murder after launching Operation Avon in 2019.

It followed significant information from witnesses. A-level student Victoria vanished in the early hours of September 19, 1999, after leaving the Bandbox nightclub in Felixstowe, Suffolk. She and a pal parted at around 2.20am in Trimley St Mary, when Victoria was yards from her home.''

I've been out of the loop for a few months due to black clouds around me but good to come back and see that Vickie Hall case is still going well.
I hate driving past that Creeting Lane end, gives me the creeps.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back