NC Unknown Girl Thrown in River, 6, Swain County, September 4, 2018

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by BlkMtnGirl, Sep 6, 2018.

1. BlkMtnGirl

BlkMtnGirl Well-Known Member

A search is being conducted in and around the Tuckaseegee River. A witness said she saw a man and woman arguing before a young girl was thrown into the river around 10pm on Tuesday, September 4. Despite two days of searching, LE has found no evidence that the incident occurred.

Search underway after reports of a young girl being thrown into the Tuckaseegee River

The following article states that the man and woman were arguing in a white SUV when the man threw the girl off a bridge into the river around 10:45.

Police searching river after getting reports of man throwing screaming young girl from bridge

2. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

This has been on the news for the last two days. Very strange!

3. Stunned

I thought the woman who reported it was in a campground. Don’t know why!

Steelslady, Bravo, HayLouise and 2 others like this.
  4. BlkMtnGirl

WLOS first reported the witness was in a campground across the river. You can tell the news photos were taken from a campsite.

Bravo, madamx, Stunned and 1 other person like this.
  5. Stunned

Yeah, on the ground trash. I just wondered...

6. BlkMtnGirl

And a camping power receptacle. They interviewed campers and nobody heard anything. I guess the witness’s house is nearby? I wonder where the bridge is? No bridge in the photos. I feel sorry for the witness (unless she’s playing a sick game of some sort). It would be hard to live with that, wondering what you really saw, knowing people don’t believe you.

Steelslady, Bravo, bluenoser and 3 others like this.
  7. Stunned

I wonder if it wasn’t an animal she heard? Not to take away the horror of a little girl off the bridge. It just seems help was there pretty quick! But the Tuc moves pretty fast!

8. beebosox

beebosox Former Member

This sounds "off" somehow.

Bravo, BlkMtnGirl and madamx like this.
  9. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

did the witness actually SEE a little girl being thrown or did they just HEAR it..It could of been a dog or a cat screaming being thrown off the bridge.

Steelslady and BlkMtnGirl like this.
  10. chi123

chi123 Well-Known Member

This is really disturbing. Who would make this up? And for what, just attention? None of the other campers hearing anything makes it a little suspect.

But that's the best case scenario because it means nobody was hurt.

Stunned, BlkMtnGirl and madamx like this.
  11. BlkMtnGirl

The big reason I don't think this was made up intentionally is that they are still searching the river. I heard it on the news again this morning (three days later) that they're not giving up yet. (Couldn't find that online.) The witness must have some credibility.

Unfortunately, terrible things like this do happen. It happened in Tampa a month ago.
    Tampa Mom Charged With Murder After Girl Tossed in River

bluenoser, Steelslady and whatsnext like this.
  12. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

BlkMtnGirl and FlossyMay like this.
  13. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

A woman said the incident had taken place across from her home. The witness said a white SUV stopped on the bridge and a man and a woman inside were fighting. The man then reportedly tossed a young girl, believed to be around six years old, into the water. The witness could hear the child screaming for help. "They threw her into the river and they sped off and after that is when I ran in and had my husband call 911," the witness said.

Police searching river after getting reports of man throwing screaming young girl from bridge

14. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

JMO thats no better in my opinion! (I know I said the same thing 2x lol)

BlkMtnGirl, whatsnext, madamx and 4 others like this.
  15. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

Omg yeah I know it's no better. But I was just thinking maybe they did not find the girl but overlooked any dog or cat because that is not what they were focused on. That is horrible to throw any animal off a bridge too.

BlkMtnGirl likes this.
  16. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

I guess she did see it. Oh god!

17. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

If the police had found a dead dog in teh river, they would have, after all this time and without any reports of a child being missing, deduced it was the animal screaming. Or they would have said they found a dog either dead or fighting for it's life. It is possible, that if it was a dog thrown in instead of a child, that the animal made it to safety. Dogs don't usually "scream" being tossed into a river, so I will give this woman the benefit of the doubt and pray she was wrong. If she was not all with the program, I doubt her husband would have believed her and called 911.

BlkMtnGirl, Stunned, Beagle and 2 others like this.
  18. BlkMtnGirl

No news on this. It’s crazy how many young children are thrown off bridges. (According to Google search results.) I’m still unsettled with this one. The witness must have some credibility for them to have searched three days. Do any recent kidnappings in the southeast, or any infant kidnappings approximately 5-7 years ago come to mind? Or anywhere in between? Yikes, it could be anyone.

It’s time for school to start. A five- to six-year-old with no history might raise suspicions. Then again, our family just enrolled a kindergartner and the paperwork was minimal.

Steelslady, whatsnext and margarita25 like this.
  19. ElementalLaura

ElementalLaura Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I hope this is a huge misunderstanding, horrible for the witness and unintended by the people involved.

Steelslady and BlkMtnGirl like this.
  20. cme31887

cme31887 Member

I am wondering if the caller could have mistaken the gender here. Maddox Ritch? Who saw Maddox outside of family or close friends between this date and the date his parents gave as the day he ran off? Do his parents own or know anyone with a white SUV? Could it have been him being thrown from that bridge? After all Gastonia is only 2 hours and 42 minutes from Swain County, NC. Just stating a possibility and not anything factual!

str8nightowl and bradfordsleuth like this.