USA/Canada - Murdered and missing native women in North America

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Forgotten Women: The conversation of murdered and missing native women is not one North America wants to have - but it must

It is North America’s dark, open secret that native women are far more likely to be raped, and far more likely to be murdered.

No justice. That is the constant cry from friends and families of victims as countless cases are left unresolved and ignored.

Marita Growing Thunder, a 19-year-old murdered and missing indigenous women (MMIW) activist from Montana, has experienced this lack of justice – five times.

The conversation of murdered and missing native women is not one North America wants to have - but it must

I am happy see a thread here on WS about it
It is very disturbing that so many Natives woman have gone missing,end up in sex trafficking or found dead
Due to another thread here, on WS about Olivia Lone Bear,who's family searched for her for more then 9 months and discovered her truck with her body inside of it, in lake Sakakawea I read about their call to set up a plan for missing persons!

Investigation into Olivia Lone Bear's death continues
Hope their plead will be picked up and heard
It must be heartbreaking /frustrating for familys when your loved one is missing and to deal with not been taking seriously and lack of investigation

Ohh sorry about that, posted the wrong link
I meant this one:
Family of Olivia Lone Bear calls for missing persons search plan
Due to new privacy rules in the EU,I can not access all the news,websites in The States but am very curious what comes out of it..
Hopefully more family's,friends of missed ones will bound together in their search.

Mapping the missing: Cartographer plots disappeared native women | Reuters

For professional cartographer Annita Lucchesi, a descendant of the Cheyenne Tribe, the loss was personal - Grant was her student at the Blackfeet Community College.

Now Lucchesi is putting together an atlas of missing and murdered indigenous women and girls, seeking to map the geographic distribution of such cases.

“Mapping is an indigenous way of knowing,”

Looks like someone is finally demanding answers:
Senators press FBI, BIA for answers to Ashley HeavyRunning Loring's disappearance and the crisis of missing, murdered Native women
If her sister’s disappearance had been taken seriously from Day 1, Ashley HeavyRunner Loring would be with her family or her family would have closure, Kimberly Loring told the Senate Indian Affairs Committee on Wednesday in Washington D.C.

Eighteen months to the day after her sister vanished, Loring, a member of the Blackfeet Tribe, testified to mistakes and baffling indifference from local and federal law enforcement, particularly the Bureau of Indian Affairs.

Much more at link...

I can not acces the page due to the privacy laws in the EU
"451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, call 877-509-6397.

It is an article about a 14 year old girl, classified as a runaway, heading towards Hardin, MT. Which is a Crow reservation.

The article didn't say much, but I wondered if she was in CPS custody and wanted to go home to the reservation.

One thing I think is contributing to missing native women is lack of transportation to reservations and off reservations.

It is an article about a 14 year old girl, classified as a runaway, heading towards Hardin, MT. Which is a Crow reservation.

The article didn't say much, but I wondered if she was in CPS custody and wanted to go home to the reservation.

One thing I think is contributing to missing native women is lack of transportation to reservations and off reservations.
Thank you for the explanation of this sad one -another one- missing! A lot of questions raised here...trafficking..murder..prostitution and the lack of LE, citizen care? #highwayoftears

As an EU citizen,I do feel quilty about the circumstances,Natives are forced to live in.
I am sure I will get a slamm on my fingers for saying this..but well...life is precious..so are woman ,who are caretakers!

What is being done??

I will send emails to supported EU Native NGO's to see what can be done on the lack of transport

Thank you for the explanation of this sad one -another one- missing! A lot of questions raised here...trafficking..murder..prostitution and the lack of LE, citizen care? #highwayoftears

As an EU citizen,I do feel quilty about the circumstances,Natives are forced to live in.
I am sure I will get a slamm on my fingers for saying this..but well...life is precious..so are woman ,who are caretakers!

What is being done??

I will send emails to supported EU Native NGO's to see what can be done on the lack of transport

Well, there has been more information, apparently she lived at home, had a fight with her Mother, on the telephone didn't come home on Friday night, the family went to Billings the next day for a basketball tournament, assuming that she would be there with friends, and they were more worried on Sunday when she didn't come home.

Too darn cold to be out this time of year here.

Well, there has been more information, apparently she lived at home, had a fight with her Mother, on the telephone didn't come home on Friday night, the family went to Billings the next day for a basketball tournament, assuming that she would be there with friends, and they were more worried on Sunday when she didn't come home.

Too darn cold to be out this time of year here.
She is only 14 years.
I do hope LE does not write her off as a run away.
I have a 15 year old one daughter and it is not easy,but girls at those age are very
vulnerable and you are right! -too darn cold.
It does not make sence to disapear this time of year!
Hope to hear that everything will be done to bring her home safe!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back