Found Deceased UT-5 -Year-Old Elizabeth Shelley Found Deceased (UNCLE ARRESTED) #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question on the probable cause. Page 5, #7.
Does this mean she slept in her mom's room or am I reading this wrong?
*Highlighting is mine
no, she did not sleep in the mom's bed. It states the last time she saw Lizzy on her bed (meaning Lizzy's bed) Her bed is next to the mom's bedroom door. that's how I read it. Moo

As true as this feeling may be in many cases, it is not in this particular one. From what I have seen she was being lovingly raised by her soon to be stepdad as if she were his own child. This incident was caused be her brother and her brother only. MOO

MOO her younger brother was invading their family space. He was being shown charity by his older sister. AW was unemployed, drinking/druggie.
Many young go through phases like that, they don't murder. Unrelated, as are his childhood woes.

I'm not a lawyer or psychiatrist but I'm pretty sure he can't plead insanity because of all his efforts to cover up his crime. By definition, a person is legally insane if criminal conduct was a result of severe mental disease or defect, so that the person did not know that his conduct was wrong.

His life will be vastly different but he will adjust & his new “friends” are no dif’. I worked with inmates thru a statecdtug program, they adapt. They have no choice. Sure, we hear of fights, riots & murders but life inside is not one big brawl 24/7. He’s young & will learn the ropes or take his own life is Moo

True. But I know Utah state prison, bullying goes to a whole new level there for child killers. He will be treated like the criminal he is by staff and inmates.

Can I add to something that was talked about a little earlier (this is a very close to the heart subject for me) and I just think it's important for the future:

In most of these instances the women are victims as well. Threats, control, assault and battery. Even if one party has made poor choices, to blame the actual violent actions of the aggressor on the victim - it takes away the blame on the actual predator/perpetrator. Gaslighting is an actual thing and it happens to many people. I am willing to bet it happens in 9 out of ten of these cases. I wonder if AW had shown signs of mental health problems. I don't make much of his FB because it's so easy to post things we haven't thought through and it's a quick way to look for some attention of any kind. AW is a lot younger than most of us and younger generations use social media in a way that is hard to understand if you didn't grow up with it. Posting like he did is detached. It's passive. Not many people call on the phone anymore. They text and post. It's so hard to read properly when it's happening and so easy to read into a persons social media after something happens. A lot of people miss signs because they don't want to see them. I hope mental healthcare improves in the US and around the world very soon. The stigma still lingers.

That said, AW is 100% responsible for his actions and I don't see any reason he shouldn't have to face responsibility for them. I just wish for the victims sake, both Elizabeth and her family (losing a child at the hands of another family member?!) that AW wuld have had the opportunity and had access to mental healthcare. I don't know how I would deal if I were to go through this ordeal.

I agree @JudgeJoe she was absolutely adorable.

I start to think about her last moments, what she was thinking, feeling, seeing at the hands of her Uncle Alex....and just stop. I can't go there.

MOO

Me too. I purposefully force myself to imagine/believe these children are surrounded by angels who take away all their fear and pain during their last moments.

That info was included because it’s the reason he gave for leaving. Not an exact quote ‘sister and boyfriend acting horny, going to bed and he didn’t want to hear it so he left.’

I also believe there’s a little bit of truth in every lie and he left with Lizzy so his sister and her boyfriend wouldn’t hear anything. moo

In light of today's revelations, I am inclined to think he was giving HUGE clues in those charging documents: he was invited over, they all drank, J and bf started acting frisky. AW maybe was aroused by the scene and felt some type of way that he had no means of, well, you know. They go to bed, he hears it, he gets more and more pouty about it. So in anger snatches ES from bed and assaults/murders her. Based on my observation, he is trying to distance himself ftom actual guilt by bringing up his sister and bf.

I did read the report!

I think the account he gave of JW & DB getting horny was his way of telling what lead up to his assault of Lizzy. That's why he was all revved up himself.

This kid blames others for his bad conduct, nothing is ever his fault. Poor me, boo-hoo. I have a feeling he's going to be in real trouble once he reaches prison ...

I am getting the same hunch.

I don't want to post specific pictures out of respect, but there are some pretty heart-wrenching photo's at this link. I'm so sorry Lizzy's family has not only lost their sweet little girl, but also has to deal with it being a member of their own family who was invited into their home. None of them knew the true monster he really was.
Missing girl's body recovered 1/2 block from her house

Can I add to something that was talked about a little earlier (this is a very close to the heart subject for me) and I just think it's important for the future:

In most of these instances the women are victims as well. Threats, control, assault and battery. Even if one party has made poor choices, to blame the actual violent actions of the aggressor on the victim - it takes away the blame on the actual predator/perpetrator. Gaslighting is an actual thing and it happens to many people. I am willing to bet it happens in 9 out of ten of these cases. I wonder if AW had shown signs of mental health problems. I don't make much of his FB because it's so easy to post things we haven't thought through and it's a quick way to look for some attention of any kind. AW is a lot younger than most of us and younger generations use social media in a way that is hard to understand if you didn't grow up with it. Posting like he did is detached. It's passive. Not many people call on the phone anymore. They text and post. It's so hard to read properly when it's happening and so easy to read into a persons social media after something happens. A lot of people miss signs because they don't want to see them. I hope mental healthcare improves in the US and around the world very soon. The stigma still lingers.

That said, AW is 100% responsible for his actions and I don't see any reason he shouldn't have to face responsibility for them. I just wish for the victims sake, both Elizabeth and her family (losing a child at the hands of another family member?!) that AW wuld have had the opportunity and had access to mental healthcare. I don't know how I would deal if I were to go through this ordeal.

Excellent post @Ursamajr . Well said.

I have a question on the probable cause. Page 5, #7.
Does this mean she slept in her mom's room or am I reading this wrong?
*Highlighting is mine
I wondered about that too but maybe it just means the rooms were close together and her bed was next to her bedroom door, which was close to her mom's door also. I'm not sure, though.

Right? I think their dogs need some better training! I am incredulous that hounds couldn't have led them in a direct line to her, it was all so fresh. Oh well, at least she's found. RIP sweet angel.

It was heavily wooded and it sounds like she was pretty well obscured.

We see this a lot in our nearby national forests, even when someone is found alive.

What comes to mind is another story last weekend of a seven-year-old lost in the Cascade Mountains of Washington. It took them 24 hours to find her even though she wasn’t wandering. She had found a place to sit down and was crying and calling out to them much of the time. She was less than 1/2 mile from the campsite where she disappeared, and it still took that long.

I don't want to post specific pictures out of respect, but there are some pretty heart-wrenching photo's at this link. I'm so sorry Lizzy's family has not only lost their sweet little girl, but also has to deal with it being a member of their own family who was invited into their home. None of them knew the true monster he really was.
Missing girl's body recovered 1/2 block from her house

Heart wrenching, indeed. So many lives have changed and will never be the same because of 1 person.

MOO

In light of today's revelations, I am inclined to think he was giving HUGE clues in those charging documents: he was invited over, they all drank, J and bf started acting frisky. AW maybe was aroused by the scene and felt some type of way that he had no means of, well, you know. They go to bed, he hears it, he gets more and more pouty about it. So in anger snatches ES from bed and assaults/murders her. Based on my observation, he is trying to distance himself ftom actual guilt by bringing up his sister and bf.
I believe if this ever went to trial (which I don't think it will) we would here more about his past sexual behavior (incidents) Moo

I'm not a lawyer or psychiatrist but I'm pretty sure he can't plead insanity because of all his efforts to cover up his crime. By definition, a person is legally insane if criminal conduct was a result of severe mental disease or defect, so that the person did not know that his conduct was wrong.
Right, and by his actions he clearly knew what he did was wrong and was fully aware and in control. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998