UT - Alicia Englert, 23, dumped newborn in trash can, 26 Aug 2014

That's insane...I can't believe it. Hopefully that poor little baby gets adopted and is loved and cherished as she should be.

I actually think this is good for 2 reasons:

1. I hope they see something in the visit to testify that this girl is not mentally disabled.

and 2. I hope this girl is able to look at the baby and feel some remorse for what she has done. Then she can think about her actions the entire time she is locked up, she can remember the sweet baby's face and be tormented by how different her life could have been if she had made different choices.

Why do I think this has nothing to do with bio mom? Are other family members going with her? Can you imagine the selfies?

Sorry...I am in a slightly bitter place at the moment.

Who is the dad? Did he know about the pregnancy? If the mother has a mental issue, was she taken advantage of?

What job did this girl have? Wouldn't you need a certain amount of people skills or comprehension of some basic life skills to keep a job? I don't doubt she has some kind of developmental delay but to the extent that she was not aware that a baby needs food and love I ain't buying!!!

MOO!!

Wow, her parents are thrilled by this verdict. Perhaps they should have supervised their daughter if they knew she wasn't able to comprehend the gravity of her actions to such a high extent. Partying and drinking (and things that lead to apparently hidden pregnancies) only spell trouble for someone that vulnerable.

February 2015:

Images of Englert online appear to show her partying in the months before her daughter was born, even maintaining an online dating profile.

But according to the family's attorney, none of that means the 23-year-old is competent for trial, an argument underscored by a state administered IQ test, where Englert reportedly scored a 51.

"Below 70 is what used to be called mental retardation that we now call an intellectual disability," said Dr. Karen Malm.

A licensed psychologist, Malm conducts competency evaluations for the state. While she didn't do Englert's, she said the score suggests Englert functions at the level of a 10- or 12-year-old child.

http://fox13now.com/2015/02/09/kear...sh-has-intellectual-disability-iq-test-shows/

From last month:

Judge says competency of woman in trash can baby case not restorable

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865671353/Judge-says-competency-of-woman-in-trash-can-baby-case-not-restorable.html

A judge has ruled that a woman accused of leaving her newborn baby in a trash can will never be restored to competency to stand trial because her intellectual disability is too severe.

But prosecutors say the case is not over yet and they plan to file new motions requesting that more testing be done and other efforts be made to restore competency before declaring her non-restorable.

Third District Judge Elizabeth Hruby-Mills issued the ruling late Tuesday, declaring that Alicia Englert is still incompetent to stand trial.

After 2 years, case of baby put in trash can still at 'square one' (November)

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865668123/After-2-years-case-of-baby-put-in-trash-can-still-at-square-one.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715
Back