Found Deceased UT - Andanndine Jones, 3, walked away from her home, Aneth, San Juan County, 14 Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Mar 15, 2019.

1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

MAR 19, 2019
    4-year-old who wandered off still missing on Navajo Nation
    The police search for a 4-year-old girl missing since last week on the Utah portion of the Navajo Nation remains on hold but volunteers and family members are still looking.

Navajo Police Department spokeswoman Christina Tsosie said Monday that authorities are determining what resources they need before resuming a search that was temporarily halted Saturday.

[...]

Tsosie says everyone is trying to hold out hope Anndine is alive.

She says she doesn't know how many volunteers were searching on Monday.

Alcina, GarAndTeed, Traymar and 10 others like this.
  2. jessie

jessie Well-Known Member

BBM Surely when a 4 year old child is missing the priority is to search for her ? Time is of the utmost importance, so I cannot comprehend this "determining of resources they need" - just do it NOW.

3. PommyMommy

MAR 21, 2019
    Aneth toddler still missing - Navajo Times
    As off the press deadline on Wednesday, five days had passed since Anndine Jones, 4, was last seen at her home in Aneth, Utah.

[...]

Police said what they know so far is that Jones walked away from her home to McElmo Creek, which is about 500 feet from the family’s front doorstep. Her tracks were traced to the embankment of the creek, which was overflowing with runoff from recent winter storms. But the tracks disappear after that, Navajo Nation Police Chief Phillip Francisco said.

[...]

The creek is a tributary to the San Juan River that flows south and through the small community. According to Francisco, the creek’s embankments are thick with Russian olive trees, which made it dangerous and nearly impossible for searchers to look for the girl. Divers from the Farmington Fire Department were called in, who then used boats and dove into the brown water to look for Jones in the entanglement of tree trunks and twisted branches.

[...]

One team began from the west end near the community of Bluff and another started from the east end of Aneth. The combined search spanned a total of 24 miles. After an exhaustive search, Francisco said they did not find anything. On Saturday evening, the order was given by the Navajo Nation Department of Emergency Management to suspend operations. On Sunday the family of the four-year-old girl continued looking for her, said Francisco.

Francisco explained the suspension of the search did not mean it was cancelled. “The Navajo Department of Emergency Management is managing it. The police department is going to be probably just following up on anything that they find. If they find clothing or diapers by the river then we’re going to go out and check it out,” he said on Tuesday. “Or if any other leads come up, we will go and check it out.”

...Aneth Chapter’s secretary-treasurer Brenda Brown said on Wednesday that Jones’ family has been continuing to organize daily searches for their baby girl. Volunteers now go to their home if they wish to help look for her, she added.

[...]

4. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

5. PommyMommy

MAR 29, 2019
    Search continues for missing 4-year-old girl
    [...]

Her family had just returned from a shopping trip to Cortez. Andrew Tso, a family member of Anndine, says her father was napping and her mother was making lunch when the child disappeared.

The family began to search the house before turning their attention to the Elmo Creek behind their home.

[...]

From the San Juan County Sheriff's Office to the Navajo Nation Police, groups all around the Four Corners continue to search for her.

Her father, Kendell Jones, says he is at a loss of words when thinking of his youngest daughter.

[...]

6. jessie

jessie Well-Known Member

No news ? :(

7. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

Just read the pages.

She was 3 and then 4?

She was in shorts and barefoot I think per her cousins and then blue pants and a shirt?

The dogs were with her, did they come back without her? Before or after she was realized to be missing?

Her foot prints were found by the creek and I assume they are sure they are hers?

They do not believe it was an abduction, nothing to support that so no Amber Alert issued?

It has been some days already and they also had cold weather correct?

Extensive searching went on, then they took a pause and regrouped.

Just home from shopping, mom was making lunch, dad was napping.

No or poor cell phone coverage in the area.

A recent post said something about if they find "clothing or diapers by the river"... She was four years old but in diapers yet? I do not mean anything by that, there may be reasons for it, but it makes me think of a river and a diaper saturating to that extent...

I am just asking these things to be sure I am up to par and have the facts straight to date. Did I miss anything important?

Another sad one, the length of time and footprints near the creek/river are not encouraging.

Traymar, cass523, Alcina and 10 others like this.
  8. jessie

jessie Well-Known Member

Just asking - is there no sluice gate from the creek into the river? Post # 35 PommyMommy kindly posted the map I'm working from.
    I've no idea how it works in USA, but water flowing from creek to river via Sewage Disposal Ponds surely that has some sort of filter system? Is anyone searching there?
    Maybe I don't understand the system you have, but filters and sluices do trap things. Or maybe my map is incorrect.
    Oh my, every soul needs to be found and put to rest..

Traymar, cass523, PommyMommy and 6 others like this.
  9. ADKGemini

ADKGemini Well-Known Member

Body found .. RIP

https://www.facebook.com/Bring-Home...6jxQ2ewVshoLPxJlXu0hBm2xLpnIbAHY&__tn__=kCH-R

For Immediate Release

Aneth, Utah, Navajo Nation

We, the family of missing four-year-old Anndine Jones, are heartbroken to announce that the search for Anndine has come to an end. After a 21-day search, her body was found along McElmo Creek, three miles south of our family's home, by searchers Kevin and Christian Day of Layton, Utah at approximately 6:15 PM Wednesday April 3, 2019.

We have no further information at this time. The Navajo Nation Police Department - Shiprock District and San Juan County Utah Sheriffs Department are conducting the investigation.

Anndine "Cookie" Jones will be greatly missed by all who knew and loved her. She brought such joy to our family, and will forever live on in our hearts and memories.

We would like to thank everyone near and far who supported our efforts in searching for our baby girl. At this time, we ask that everyone please respect our privacy as we grieve together as a family. Thank you.

Traymar, Andieinsyd, cass523 and 21 others like this.
  10. Trudie

Trudie Well-Known Member

Awww. How tragic.
    I guess we knew this would likely be the ending to this story.

Traymar, Andieinsyd, cass523 and 12 others like this.
  11. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Poor little one. RIP baby girl. Fly high with the eagles on your native land.

Traymar, Andieinsyd, cass523 and 14 others like this.
  12. PommyMommy

APR 4, 2019 :(
    Body found in creek believed to be missing 4-year-old Utah girl
    [...]

According to the Navajo Police Department, her body has been “tentatively identified by her parents”; the state Office of the Medical Examiner will make a positive ID.

[...]

The Navajo Division of Public Safety is investigating with assistance from the FBI.

Traymar, Andieinsyd, cass523 and 16 others like this.
  13. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

Those poor parents. :(

Traymar, Andieinsyd, cass523 and 13 others like this.
  14. HayLouise

HayLouise Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace little one <3

:(

Traymar, Andieinsyd, cass523 and 12 others like this.
  15. ilovechili

ilovechili Well-Known Member

I think we expected this in this case based on the facts we had but still hoped otherwise.

RIP beautiful child.

Traymar, Andieinsyd, cass523 and 11 others like this.
  16. wendybtn

wendybtn Well-Known Member

Curious as to cause of death. Waiting for the ME's report.

cass523, Jim_M and Beagle like this.
  17. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Rest in peace sweet little angel

Traymar and Jim_M like this.
  18. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

Her funeral is tomorrow morning and there is a lot of community support, thankfully. I did notice one report stated found “in the creek” and one stated “along the creek” so the ME report should clear that up.

Bring Home Anndine Jones

Traymar, Alcina, HayLouise and 5 others like this.