Identified! UT - Beaver Co., WhtFem UP12045, 18-40, on train, Jan'14 - Amber Brown

Ashley Shaner has a face shape that's somewhat similar IMO, but she's a little too short and the UID doesn't seem to have the eyebrow piercing.

What do you think?

Ashley Shaner has a face shape that's somewhat similar IMO, but she's a little too short and the UID doesn't seem to have the eyebrow piercing.

What do you think?

I'm going back through Namus now and she definitely caught my eye. Does anyone know how visible an eyebrow piercing would be if you take out the piercing itself? I have a friend who used to have one and now she just has a very faint scar... but she removed hers years ago.

UID has such a "regular" look (if you take away the obvious postmortem issues). Here are some other MPs I'd consider, but I'm not really hip on any of them. Note that none have her specific tattoo:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23346/2 Roberta Cable (at the high end of the age range)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/22860/132 Samantha Gonzales

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17566/140 Heather Ballard

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14194/150 Hallie Rissler

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13761/159 Candice Shields

Heather Ballard certainly has the long face, I think her chin is a bit too round, and her colouring is a little too dark, but she's definitely worth looking into more IMO.

What do you think?

Ashley is now on the rule outs list.

Where are her possessions? Her backpack, shoes? People who jump trains/ or are homeless still have possessions that they usually keep in a bag or backpack. I've also never heard of them riding "on top" of a train.

IMO this person did not end up on top of the train on her own accord. She landed on top either falling or being pushed off a bridge or something. That could be the marks on her back.

Edit-They also wear shoes or flip flops.

I wish there were more details released about this woman's circumstances. I saw this a while back on NamUs and I can only assume that if she remained atop a railroad tanker car for over two hours' travel time, she must have been trapped in the small railed portion at the very top and center of the car? (Image-search "railroad tanker car" if you're not sure what I'm referring to.)

Judging by the teeth, I think this UID has a long history of drug abuse. Teeth in that condition happen over a course of years of hard living. With that, I think she's been on the streets for a while and may be closer to the upper age range.

Good question about her shoes. I noticed as well she was wearing only a T-Shirt. I was in Nevada (where train originated) last month and no way was it T-Shirt weather, so I will assume its not in Utah either.....

Sadly, she may not have even been reported missing. They usually are young adults who are part of the new hippie movement. They get kicked out of their parents, or can't pay the rent, or just choose to go on their own and often have addictions or mental illness attributing to their decision. They hop trains, hitchhike, camp at rainbow group gatherings, and usually eat at soup kitchens.

They also wear shoes.

My daughter's friend is one of them. She is bipolar and a drug addict. They have been friends since 5th grade and 27 now. I have not heard any thing from my daughter about her friend in months. They usually stay in touch through fb that is accessed from libraries. I looked through her pics tonight on fb and she had a pic with a pair of pants just like that, a bracelet that looks like that, and there are pics of her hopping a train. All the pics show her with a backpack and blanket and wearing shoes or flip flops. Last pic is dated Oct.

It could be her, it could be anyone of many young women just like her that are never reported missing because they chose to live this lifestyle and may have left on bad terms with family.

I don't think it's her because she had surgery on her eye and it drooped. It is sad though that my daughter told me a couple months ago that she had a dream that "Cat" died in a simular manner and they found her body. She was in Texas at that time.

She is someone's friend, someone's child, maybe even someone's mother. I hope they can put a name to her.

Where are her possessions? Her backpack, shoes? People who jump trains/ or are homeless still have possessions that they usually keep in a bag or backpack. I've also never heard of them riding "on top" of a train.

IMO this person did not end up on top of the train on her own accord. She landed on top either falling or being pushed off a bridge or something. That could be the marks on her back.

Edit-They also wear shoes or flip flops.

rbbm

I agree with you there. The lividity of the body doesn't give an accurate timeframe. I'd say she was there a couple extra hours than they say given that the temperatures have been dipping and rising btw 18 and 38 degrees C, all day long. And on a fast moving train the wind can make it colder.

Couple of thoughts:

I don't see how she could have fallen onto the top of the train and stayed there for any period of time unless she got stuck in those rails as tatertot suggests. Otherwise, it would be too easy to roll off, especially she was "dead weight". And looking at those cars, I agree that it seems like an odd choice for train surfing. Going back to Namus, I see that while the train was nonstop for 6 hours, she was found about 2 hours after it arrived in Utah. So couldn't she have gotten up there then? Either by choice or placed there?

Shoes: could have fallen off, but I agree it's odd.

Eyebrows: to me, her brows look like they might have once been tweezed/shaped but filled in after a while. Much like the fact that her legs weren't shaved recently.

I agree that she appears to be a long-term drug user, although I think it's hard to determine her age because of that. I don't think she's 18, that's for sure. I'm starting to think she hasn't been reported missing.

I really wish we knew her cause of death!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back