UT UT - Cornelis "Casey" Frederik Bokslag, 30, last seen at apt, car found remote Summit Co, So Salt Lake City, 5 Jun 2022

I'm just learning about this case today and yes, this doesn't sound good. The car wiped clean - he would have no reason to wipe it clean if he himself was dumping it, IMO. They could just trace it back to him using the VIN even with plates off, which makes me think someone else wiped it down. But in such a remote area, would this be a two-person job? A second person to drive the getaway car? You wouldn't appear to be able to easily walk anywhere from where it was dumped if it is super remote, unless it was remote but still had some homes around, and in that case, hopefully LE is checking all those homes out.

Hearing about bank withdrawals, I have two thoughts:
1) He was going to be purchasing something from Craigslist, FB Marketplace, or similar, so took out cash to make that transaction. Then showed up and things went south.
2) He was accosted somewhere and made to forcibly take out cash for the assailant(s).

Knowing they have him doing a phone convo with someone that day makes me lean toward option #1 as most likely MOO.

TIMELINE

SAT JUN 4
- Attended family dinner (LINK)

SUN JUN 5
- Last seen at his apartment in South Salt Lake (per initial reports LINK)

MON JUN 6
- Seen on camera leaving apartment at 11:40am in his car, by himself (LINK)
- Withdrew cash from a bank (LINK)
- Phone was shut off sometime this day (LINK)

TUE JUN 7

WED JUN 8
- Reported missing by family (LINK)
- 2012 Suzuki SX4 found near Castle Rock, UT, with plates [white skier/snow/life elevated "E06 8FE"] removed, screws replaced, and vehicle wiped clean of fingerprints (LINK)

ABOUT CASTLE ROCK, UT

Castle Rock is approximately 1 hour NE of South Salt Lake (where Casey lived) and about a half hour SW of Evanston, WY. It's a long stretch of interstate across very sparsely populated, rugged landscape. The nearest gas stations, grocery stores, or restaurants are back in Coalville, UT (25mi SW) or ahead in Evanston, WY (20mi NE).

MY OPINION / THOUGHTS

We actually were on a road trip from UT to CO the day Casey went missing and drove right past the exit where his car was found -- albeit hours before he was last seen on video in SLC. We had great driving weather that day -- 60s/70s, a bit cloudy, and not much traffic at all on I-80

IMO, the location makes me think that whatever happened to Casey happened in SLC and whoever caused his disappearance then drove the car out to Castle Rock to dump it somewhere it wouldn't be quickly or easily found (and honestly, I'm kind of surprised that they managed to find it as quickly as they did - maybe someone from the Castle Rock area found it suspicious and called it in?)

I definitely wonder if it might be a classifieds-ad-sale-gone-wrong; I would suspect that someone forcing him to take out money would want more than $100, and similarly, I would expect that if he had left voluntarily and wanted to just get away, he would want to withdraw more than $100.

Hopefully what LE knows about the phone call placed earlier that morning will yield some clues.

For those of us who have trouble with audio stuff--was there anything new?
I'll sum it up for ya!

Police are calling his disappearance out of character and unusual. Disappeared from his apartment in SLC a month ago. His car was found 2 days later on a remote road; the license plates had been removed. There's a $50,000 reward being offered by an anonymous donor. Authorities are hoping the reward will lure someone to come forward so this can be solved. Last seen June 6th, car found June 8th on interstate 80 at Castle Rock.

Casey's mother says, "He would never just run away and leave everything. He would let someone know if he had different plans for the day. This is why the police are taking this so seriously." He had taken $100 from his bank account and there have been no further transactions.

The chief said the car has been processed and hasn't given them any answers - very little evidence in the vehicle, none that would lead the cops to believe foul play. The cops also said they have no reason to believe Casey would want to harm himself, so they're trying to figure out if he left on his own accord or if there's foul play.

There are 2 search warrants involved here. 1 for the gun, 1 for the car. They are still processing some additional DNA evidence from the car.

His father says Casey is a good son, very responsible, a Marine. No signs of PTSD. Disappearance "completely out of the ordinary". Casey's dad is planning to give an interview later tonight to News Nation.

He went to the atm at 300 w and 2100 s, someone (or he) took out $100 out of his account, then disappeared. That area is full of cameras. Not to mention people! It's a strip mall, chevron station, apartment buildings, across from the only best buy in SLC and a home depot. we know he had a phone call that morning. come on south salt lake police!!!

He went to the atm at 300 w and 2100 s, someone (or he) took out $100 out of his account, then disappeared. That area is full of cameras. Not to mention people! It's a strip mall, chevron station, apartment buildings, across from the only best buy in SLC and a home depot. we know he had a phone call that morning. come on south salt lake police!!!
Do you have a source for this being where the ATM was located? The only reference I've seen to that address is articles stating "His phone was last traced by a cell phone tower near 2100 South and 300 West on June 6." (LINK)

JUL 28

“Someone doesn’t vaporize,” Robert Bokslag said. “Someone doesn’t—poof— gone.”

His 29-year-old son, Cornelis Bokslag, who goes by Casey, has been missing for over a month.

He was last seen on security footage on June 6, 2022, at a Wells Fargo ATM in Salt Lake City, Utah.

“Casey was born in the city of Tilburg in the Netherlands,” Robert told Dateline. In 2001 the family moved to the United States. By 2007, he, his wife and their three children had settled in Sandy, Utah, and have been living there ever since.

More at Father determined to find son Casey Bokslag, who disappeared in Salt Lake City, Utah in June

DEC 5, 2022
Casey Bokslag

casey_bokslag.jpg

29-year-old Cornelis Bokslag, also known as Casey, was last seen on June 6, 2022, in Salt Lake City, Utah. He was captured on security footage withdrawing $100 from a Wells Fargo ATM, but never made it to work that day and hasn’t been seen since. Two days later, his silver Suzuki SX4, was found abandoned about an hour away in Summit County. None of Casey’s belongings were found inside and his father, Robert, told Dateline that the car appeared to have been wiped clean. Casey’s keychain, the car’s license plate E068FE, and the Black Mountain Smith backpack he was last seen with are also missing. On July 5, 2022, the South Salt Lake Police Department announced an anonymous donor offered a $50,000 reward to anyone who provides useful information about Casey’s disappearance. Officer Danielle Croyle of the South Salt Lake Police Department told Dateline in November 2022 that there have been no updates in Casey’s case, despite extensive search efforts. The family posts updates and information about Casey’s case on the ‘Cornelis “Casey” Bokslag Missing’ Facebook page. Casey is 6’2”, weighs 140 lbs., has blond hair and gray eyes, and sports a goatee. He typically wears long green Wrangler cargo pants, a t-shirt, military boots or sneakers, and a cap. The South Lake Police Department urges anyone with information to contact them at 801-940-6179.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back