UT UT - Cornelis "Casey" Frederik Bokslag, 30, last seen at apt, car found remote Summit Co, So Salt Lake City, 5 Jun 2022

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1654839046022.png

Missing Person:

Cornelis Frederick Bogslag (30) has been unable to be contacted or located. This is out of character for him.

Cornelis was last seen June 5th 2022 at his apartment in South Salt Lake.
Cornelis missed work on Monday and has not been seen since.

Cornelis’s vehicle, is a silver 2012 Suzuki SX4.
The vehicle was located on June 5th 2022 in a remote area of Summit County Utah. The vehicle's license plates, E068FE had been removed prior to the vehicle being located.

Cornelis goes by the nickname “Casey”.

If anyone has seen or has any information pertaining to the whereabouts of Cornelis Frederik Bogslag please contact Detective Hansen of the South Salt Lake Police Department at (801)412-3644 or call Valley Emergency Communication’s Center at (801)840-4000 and reference case number LK2022-18693.
Please share this post.

Last seen at his apartment in SLC June 5th. Did not show up for work Monday. Mom has posted on "Missing" FB pages.

Edit: Added another msm link

Last edited:
SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah (KUTV) — The family of a missing Utah man is saying their son uncharacteristically has been missing for a week.

The Bokslag family said Casey Bokslag was last seen at his South Salt Lake apartment on June 6, and his car was found two days later in Castle Rock near the Wyoming border with the license plates missing.

“He hasn’t been found yet which is good news and bad news” said Els Schuts Bokslag, Casey’s mother.

On Monday, the family held a meeting in their garage to hand out flyers to friends and family to pass out in in the community.

“We have no clue, we cannot, I don’t even want to try and imagine what has happened,” Els said.

MORE: Grand County Sheriff's Office searching for missing man

Casey’s family said he had a virtual job training session last Monday but never logged in and believe he may have left his apartment around 11:40 a.m.

“It’s so unlike Casey, everyone that I’ve talked to is too, now saying this is so totally out of line, so strange,” Els said.

Casey’s father, Robert Bokslag, said the family had dinner two Saturday’s ago and everything was normal.

“I think the worst thing for a parent is the uncertainty,” Robert said.

The area Casey’s car was found in is a remote part of Summit County, and mostly private land not far from the Wyoming border.

Robert said Casey wouldn’t have a reason to go there and would have told someone he was going.

“We’re very afraid a crime has been committed just after he left his apartment," Robert said.

Wonder if the virtual meeting was before or after his departure from the apt at 11:40am. Meaning, did he just skip it and leave or was it later in the afternoon.
editing to add: The plate being removed is concerning. Could he have gone out to do something quickly and ran into a car jacking issue or something? IMO

Wonder if the virtual meeting was before or after his departure from the apt at 11:40am. Meaning, did he just skip it and leave or was it later in the afternoon.
editing to add: The plate being removed is concerning. Could he have gone out to do something quickly and ran into a car jacking issue or something? IMO
Good question. That could put a different spin on things...IMO.

I hate the fact that his license plates were removed! And also where his vehicle was found (nowhere he should have been). I know I can't directly quote Mom "ES-B" FB but think I can say she does give more info about his last phone ping there.

I wonder if the Marines in the area know a fellow veteran is missing? “Until they are home, no man left behind.”

(photo from article upthread)

1655596372895.png

Without discounting all scenarios, I find it interesting that his vehicle was found near the Wyoming border with its plates removed.
I'd like to know what the statistics are on stolen vehicles having their plates removed. To me, it sounds like that could be the case here.
"His parents suspect there was foul play and the thought of a carjacking has entered their minds."

Could a carjacker have taken Casey's car and left it on that road to be used by an escaped prison inmate a la Vicky and Casey W? On June 8th, one of the escaped inmates from a Missouri Jail was found in Casper, Wyoming.

MSM LINKS for reference: Missouri inmate accused of cutting hole in ceiling to escape jail catpured in Wyoming

I hate the fact that his license plates were removed! And also where his vehicle was found (nowhere he should have been). I know I can't directly quote Mom "ES-B" FB but think I can say she does give more info about his last phone ping there.

I wonder if the Marines in the area know a fellow veteran is missing? “Until they are home, no man left behind.”

(photo from article upthread)

View attachment 350079
Can you share the date of the post you're referring to re: the phone ping? I can't seem to find any info on that. Thank you!

Without discounting all scenarios, I find it interesting that his vehicle was found near the Wyoming border with its plates removed.
I'd like to know what the statistics are on stolen vehicles having their plates removed. To me, it sounds like that could be the case here.
"His parents suspect there was foul play and the thought of a carjacking has entered their minds."

Could a carjacker have taken Casey's car and left it on that road to be used by an escaped prison inmate a la Vicky and Casey W? On June 8th, one of the escaped inmates from a Missouri Jail was found in Casper, Wyoming.

MSM LINKS for reference: Missouri inmate accused of cutting hole in ceiling to escape jail catpured in Wyoming
Stolen cars are usually left abandoned with the plates intact as the VIN (vehicle identification number) is an even better identifier than the plate. Nothing in the news report about the VIN plate being removed. Plates, when stolen, normally are done so to replace the plate on a similar car by criminals. When law enforcement is out they randomly run tags and if they see that tag matches the TYPE of car that it's attached to then it doesn't draw suspicion and the vehicle is less likely to get pulled over (outside of a major vehicular infraction). If this car had been left for another criminal to use they would NOT have left the plates off, that's just a giant red flag that says "pull me over!!"

Concerning -- a third young man missing? Now I do understand distance in the West, but how close is the location of the car to where Aiden Clune & Dylan Rounds' vehicles were found?

jmho ymmv lrr

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford