UT UT - Cornelis "Casey" Frederik Bokslag, 30, last seen at apt, car found remote Summit Co, So Salt Lake City, 5 Jun 2022

His mom started a page on FB
Can't link due to TOS
Cornelis "Casey" Bokslag Missing
There is a bit more info re: last seen and what items he had with him.
You’re allowed to link an official missing or help find FB page for the missing person.

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Hopefully this works. This is the Missing FB page his mother started. Thank you Suglo, it's hard to keep up with what's allowed and what's not.

Great! Thanks for posting this so we can discuss the routes now:

He might have been heading from his apartment at 3808 South West Temple in South Salt Lake City, UT to work at 1530 South West Temple. His phone last pinged at 2100 South and 300 West in Salt Lake City, UT.

1656191379594.png

So why/how did he end up at a remote road off the I 80 Castle Rock exit # 185?

1656191612467.png

Pinging that close to work shortly before he was supposed to be at work, surely seems like he may have made it to work, perhaps only for a short period or something happened in the work parking lot. I assume if cameras were at his work, they were checked…

Looks like his last ping is at some apartments. Hope the police looked at any video and/or spoke with residents. Edit- Well on the map it shows apartments but when I click on the picture it shows Sam's Club parking lot? I'm not familiar with just how accurate phone pings are or the Google map/picture feature.

Last edited:

Great! Thanks for posting this so we can discuss the routes now:

He might have been heading from his apartment at 3808 South West Temple in South Salt Lake City, UT to work at 1530 South West Temple. His phone last pinged at 2100 South and 300 West in Salt Lake City, UT.

View attachment 351198

So why/how did he end up at a remote road off the I 80 Castle Rock exit # 185?

View attachment 351199
I'm familiar with the area of 2100 S. And 300 W. There is a lot there and freeway access. Mostly industrial, fast food, and big box shopping. And some very very sketchy people. A lot of homeless and criminal element in the area. They live along the freeway and behind the businesses. It is very rare not to have someone ask for money or try to sell you items that were obviously stolen. When you refuse these people, they almost always get aggressive. You pretty much have to yell No! at them before they even get 20 feet from you. So something criminal could have happened here. Do we know what time his last ping in this area was?

I'm familiar with the area of 2100 S. And 300 W. There is a lot there and freeway access. Mostly industrial, fast food, and big box shopping. And some very very sketchy people. A lot of homeless and criminal element in the area. They live along the freeway and behind the businesses. It is very rare not to have someone ask for money or try to sell you items that were obviously stolen. When you refuse these people, they almost always get aggressive. You pretty much have to yell No! at them before they even get 20 feet from you. So something criminal could have happened here. Do we know what time his last ping in this area was?
Reading the latest posted update it just states "last pinged Monday morning the 26th". I distinctly remember reading somewhere that the last pinged time was 11:50am which is roughly 10 minutes after he left his apartmentd.

Riding in my little google maps car using street view it sure looks desolate out there.

1656274616802.png

I wonder which remote road his car was found on? MOO I can't picture a carjacking to end up there, unless the person doing it lived in the area and knew where to ditch the car and could walk on home from there or something.

Looking around the area I did see a hunt club (looks like for pheasants) "Castle Rock Upland Sporting"
Their season runs September through March, so not now in season, but I have no gun knowledge so I don't know if he would have used his gun for something like that anyway?

There's also another something I'm not sure about - "Deseret Land & Livestock" (also Deseret Land & Livestock Trek Mission) which maybe someone could explain. It comes up with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and has info on "treks":

Maybe he is comfortable carrying a weapon since he’s former military.
My parents were state and county L.E. I've always carried out when alone in the wilderness, for both two and four-legged predators (I grew up in cougar and bear country). In 40 years, I never had to fire it (though I scared the heck out of a porcupine who was following me one night). That may be the only reason he carried - simply for protection.

Maybe he is comfortable carrying a weapon since he’s former military.
I wasn't questioning if he was comfortable carrying a weapon. I was wondering if it was normal for him to carry it everyday, or if not, why would he be carrying it on that specific day. If he's carrying it for protection, I get it. But did he carry it everyday for protection? Or did he carry it that day because he thought he might need it for protection? Unfortunately there is always the aspect of self-harm when someone is missing and know to have been carrying a weapon. IMO

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk