UT - Couple shot, Maureen Fiore-Webster, 36, dies, Sandy, 3 Mar 2019

https://ksltv.com/409892/sandy-shooting-victims-father-loved-life-gave-life/

Video and photos.
SANDY, Utah —The father of a woman shot and killed in Sandy told KSL he’s devastated over what happened, saying his daughter loved everyone.

Maureen Fiore, 36, and her husband, Jeffrey Webster, 38, were found inside their home by police with gunshot wounds in the area of 11000 South and 900 East.

Police said they were called to the home after an alarm company called them saying the alarm in the home had been triggered.

Fiore later died from the wounds. Webster is expected to survive and has been upgraded to stable condition.

Philip Fiore, who lives in Colorado, told KSL over the phone that he doesn’t understand who would want to hurt his daughter.

https://ksltv.com/409892/sandy-shooting-victims-father-loved-life-gave-life/

Video and photos.
SANDY, Utah —The father of a woman shot and killed in Sandy told KSL he’s devastated over what happened, saying his daughter loved everyone.

Maureen Fiore, 36, and her husband, Jeffrey Webster, 38, were found inside their home by police with gunshot wounds in the area of 11000 South and 900 East.

Police said they were called to the home after an alarm company called them saying the alarm in the home had been triggered.

Fiore later died from the wounds. Webster is expected to survive and has been upgraded to stable condition.

Philip Fiore, who lives in Colorado, told KSL over the phone that he doesn’t understand who would want to hurt his daughter.
Thank you for posting this! I searched for a thread on this case yesterday and was kind of surprised not to find one. Anybody here from the area with info or an idea why this happened? Sounds a bit like the Closs case, but with no Jayme....

Thank you for posting this! I searched for a thread on this case yesterday and was kind of surprised not to find one. Anybody here from the area with info or an idea why this happened? Sounds a bit like the Closs case, but with no Jayme....
I was reading another article and found a link to this case. I searched also and did not find anything. Such a sad story, and I can't find anything new. The police got a search warrant and were searching their home. Don't know if anything was stolen or any reason behind this shooting.

Her husband is listed in stable condition. I would imagine he could offer a LOT of evidence in this case. Since there was no forced entry, and this happened around 10 pm at night, I would think they knew their shooter. JMO, MOO

"I think its too early to speculate, but we don’t think there is a public safety issue right now to anybody else,” said Sgt. Jason Nielson. “It does seem like that these type of cases don’t just randomly occur.”

Always telling when one person is dead and the other is not .....IMHO

I was reading another article and found a link to this case. I searched also and did not find anything. Such a sad story, and I can't find anything new. The police got a search warrant and were searching their home. Don't know if anything was stolen or any reason behind this shooting.

Her husband is listed in stable condition. I would imagine he could offer a LOT of evidence in this case. Since there was no forced entry, and this happened around 10 pm at night, I would think they knew their shooter. JMO, MOO
I know people who know her father. It’s just so sad. One of the articles I read said LE thinks it was a 3rd party and not a murder/botched suicide. Still getting over the Watts case and hope they are right so her family and husband can help each other through this. Are you in Utah? Please post again if you hear updates. It’s not making the local Denver news at all.

From the article MAR 13, 2019:
Screenshot 2019-03-16 11.48.45.png

[...]

Police said although the killer had not been found, there was no danger to the general public.

Maureen Fiore-Webster, 36, died in the shooting. Her husband, 38-year-old Jeff Webster, was critically injured and remains in the hospital.

Police said Jeff Webster is the key witness but was not in any condition to talk to police yet.

Sgt. Jason Nielsen with Sandy Police Department, said officers were alerted to the shooting by an alarm that went off in the victims' house on Tuesday around 10 p.m.

Right after the shooting, neighbors worried for Jeff Webster's young son, who lives part time with the couple.

Officers determined the boy was not at the couple's house the night of the shooting and wasn't in danger.

[...]

Last edited:
MAR 13, 2019
Wife dies, husband injured after they were shot in their Sandy home

[...]

Detectives have not yet made any arrests but early evidence suggests a third person attacked the couple, identified as Maureen Fiore, 36, and Jeffrey Webster, 38.

"We can't tell if it's a break-in or if they knew each other," said Sandy Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen.

[...]

Detectives were speaking with neighbors to find any possible surveillance footage, Nielsen said.

https://ksltv.com/409833/sandy-shooting-1/
The incident happened in the area of 11190 South Hawkwood Drive at approximately 10 p.m.

Sandy City Police confirmed that Fiore was from Colorado...

[...]

Sgt. Jason Nielson said officers responded to the house after receiving a call from the home security company that the house alarm had been triggered...

[...]

“It’s too early in the investigation to speculate, but it does seem like these types of cases don’t just randomly occur, usually,” Nielsen said. “Now, it doesn’t mean that it can’t happen.”

[...]

MAR 14, 2019
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...dies-husband-injured-in-shooting-at-utah-home
Officers have obtained a warrant to search the couple's home.

Sandy shooting victim’s father: 'She loved life and gave life'

[...]

Neighbors said they too are shocked and devastated over what happened. Several of them said they heard a gunshot and screaming.

“Sitting there watching SportsCenter, hear a loud bang … and then I heard what appeared to be a woman screaming. It was high pitched, a couple of yells,” said Lee Swingley. “It hits close to home — hurts our heart, scary.”

Police said the couple was shot while inside the home and there is no evidence of a forced entry. They were at the house all day gathering evidence.

[...]

Last edited:
MAR 13, 2019
https://kslnewsradio.com/1902566/two-shot-one-later-died-in-sandy/
Officials are unsure if the shooting was targeted or if it was random.

“We do not have anyone in custody at this point, so we are doing yard-to-yard searches at this point. We have multiple agencies helping us,” said Nielsen.

Update: Police ID victims of Sandy shooting | Gephardt Daily

[...]

Police from multiple departments responded to the scene of the shooting after Sandy police were initially dispatched on call of a burglary alarm at a home near 900 East and 11190 South, Sandy Police Sgt. Jason Nielsen told Gephardt Daily.

The initial call came in at about 10 p.m.

Scanner traffic indicated that, upon arrival, officers found a 36-year-old woman who had been shot in the chest and a 38-year-old man who was shot in the buttock.

It appeared that the weapon used was a shotgun, according to conversation on the scanner.

Officers from Draper, Murray, Salt Lake, and Cottonwood Heights police departments were assisting Sandy police, and a containment area was established, with canines brought in to help in the search for the suspect or suspects.

[...]

Last edited:
MAR 12, updated MAR 13, 2019
Police identify victims in Sandy shooting

[...]

The couple’s security system alerted police near 12000 South and Hawkwood Drive.

Several neighbors said they heard at least one gunshot coming from the home after 10:00 p.m.

Surveillance photos captured by Lee Swingley’s security system show Jeff Webster’s grey Ford F-150 coming home at 9:36 p.m., followed approximately 10 minutes later by Maureen Fiore’s white Mercedes SUV.

Less than a half hour later, they’d both be shot.

[...]

Police say the couple was shot more than once by a person who’s still on the run.

Fiore died at the hospital. The 36-year-old was the registered owner of Amourous Designs, a permanent cosmetic business located in the home.

[...]

Investigators don’t think the shooter broke into the home. Neighbors say Webster has a young son who, police confirm, was away at the time of the shooting.

“They actually moved here from California so that his son could go to school here because he thought it was a safe neighborhood,” Thomas said. “That’s kind of disturbing.”

[...]

The couple’s security system alerted police near 12000 South and Hawkwood Drive.

Several neighbors said they heard at least one gunshot coming from the home after 10:00 p.m.

Surveillance photos captured by Lee Swingley’s security system show Jeff Webster’s grey Ford F-150 coming home at 9:36 p.m., followed approximately 10 minutes later by Maureen Fiore’s white Mercedes SUV.

[...]

Police say the couple was shot more than once by a person who’s still on the run.

Fiore died at the hospital. The 36-year-old was the registered owner of Amourous Designs, a permanent cosmetic business located in the home.

[...]

Investigators don’t think the shooter broke into the home. Neighbors say Webster has a young son who, police confirm, was away at the time of the shooting.

“They actually moved here from California so that his son could go to school here because he thought it was a safe neighborhood,” Thomas said. “That’s kind of disturbing.”
Pommy, thanks VERY much for finding these articles and summarizing. Hope they are able to sort it out soon.

It appears that the investigation is waiting on talking to the husband. Certainly they have been able to do that by now?

Sandy couple shot, wife fatally; unidentified shooter remains at large

That last link (From 3-13-2019) stated, "Police said Jeff Webster is the key witness but was not in any condition to talk to police yet."

It has been four (4) days, so he must have been more seriously wounded by that shotgun, than previously reported. Heartbreaking all around on this. So thankful that the son was away from that home.

[...]

[...]

[...]

According to what is written above, we have a neighbor’s camera showing both vehicles arrive home, and then within 30 minutes, both occupants are shot.

The article doesn’t state if that neighbor’s camera showed any other vehicles driving around or stopping. So where did the perp come from? Was anyone staying there as a guest? Was the gun left at the scene? Did the couple own any guns?

According to what is written above, we have a neighbor’s camera showing both vehicles arrive home, and then within 30 minutes, both occupants are shot.

The article doesn’t state if that neighbor’s camera showed any other vehicles driving around or stopping. So where did the perp come from? Was anyone staying there as a guest? Was the gun left at the scene? Did the couple own any guns?
Good questions, and I wish we knew the answers. The timing leads me to believe that someone was waiting somewhere nearby until they were home. If I'm reading this right, the assessor site indicates there is a 10x12 shed on the property. That could be one possibility. Assessor | Salt Lake County It's also possible that they were followed.

One thing that is confusing to me is that LE doesn't believe the perp broke into the home, yet the alarm was activated. ?

Hopefully, Mr. Webster will soon recover enough that he can shed some light here, if he hasn't already. This is very, very tragic. :(

ETA: Ah yes, a panic button makes sense, @kirkassoc.

MOO

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member