Deceased/Not Found UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, Lucin, Box Elder Co, May 2022 #2 *Arrest*

It seems family is convinced they know "who" caused Dylan's disappearance. Hope their upcoming search is successful in finding him. Such a sad case. Dylan was a great kid, I liked his determination and drive to do something against the odds.

It seems family is convinced they know "who" caused Dylan's disappearance. Hope their upcoming search is successful in finding him. Such a sad case. Dylan was a great kid, I liked his determination and drive to do something against the odds.

It is super sad when LE flub up the early investigation and leave a family knowing that key evidence is lost because LE doesn’t take it serious.

It is super sad when LE flub up the early investigation and leave a family knowing that key evidence is lost because LE doesn’t take it serious.

Happens far more often that seems OK, all around the world. The only think I can ever take from it is that regardless, it wouldn't have prevented the crime itself if the person was murdered. However, in cases where the victim was possibly held / detained / kidnapped / moved around and could have been alive for a long time, then it's absolutely heartbreaking.

Happens far more often that seems OK, all around the world. The only think I can ever take from it is that regardless, it wouldn't have prevented the crime itself if the person was murdered. However, in cases where the victim was possibly held / detained / kidnapped / moved around and could have been alive for a long time, then it's absolutely heartbreaking.
Yes, is this case it wouldn’t have prevented the crime, but it may have caught the person responsible. When the suspect is allowed to throw away bags and bags of items from the victim’s property and LE doesn’t stop them, that is a huge problem!

DEC 5, 2022
Dylan Rounds

dylan_rounds.jpg

Dylan Rounds was last heard from on May 28, 2022, when he spoke with his maternal grandmother on the phone, according to Dylan’s mother, Candice. Dylan apparently said he had to hang up because it was raining and he needed to move equipment on his farm. In 2019, Dylan purchased a farm in Lucin, Utah with his paternal grandfather. Lucin is right on the Utah/Nevada border and Dylan lived alone on the property in a camper. Two days after that phone call with his grandmother, Dylan’s mother reported him missing. Candice told Dateline her son’s truck and the boots he always wore were found on his farm. On July 7, 2022, the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office announced that 58-year-old James Brenner is considered a suspect in Dylan's disappearance. Dateline spoke with Box Elder County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Cade Palmer who said that Dylan and James Brenner are "probably each other's closest neighbor, which was maybe 5 miles apart." Palmer would not expand on the evidence that led officials to name Brenner a suspect, but did say that they have collected "substantial evidence" and "it seems like every bit of good evidence that we find points more at Brenner." The chief deputy told Dateline that while searching for Dylan, officials found evidence that supported the fact that "a homicide likely occurred." Palmer added that Brenner is not talking to law enforcement about Dylan's disappearance at this time. Dateline reached out to Brenner’s attorney for comment but has not yet heard back. A reward totaling $200,000 is being offered for information directly leading to Dylan’s safe return or the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for his disappearance. Chief Deputy Palmer encourages anyone with tips to reach out to the Box Elder County Sheriff's Office Facebook page via direct message. The Sheriff’s office can also be reached at 435-734-3800.

A couple of days ago Dylan's friends entered his vintage snowmachine and it won!! Candice says Dylan has always been about vintage equipment and she can see him smiling. Brought this mom some joy on a gloomy day.

1674643485195.jpeg

Thanks for sharing...I notice they indicate JB is not a suspect yet...assuming his POI status remains.

"Brenner hasn’t been named as a suspect in this case, nor has anyone else."
Box Elder finally called JB their "primary suspect" in this 10/3/22 interview with ABC/4 news Marcos Ortiz.

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – The case of Dylan Rounds who disappeared in May is a homicide investigation.

That’s what a Deputy Chief of Box Elder County said about their investigation.

James Brenner is still the primary suspect in the disappearance of Dylan Rounds. But Cade Palmer, the Deputy Chief of the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Department said they are not ruling out that Brenner could have been helped.

New article from East Idaho News...parents hopeful a break in the case will come soon.

New article from East Idaho News...parents hopeful a break in the case will come soon.

Let's hope so.

Amazing! That's great news. IIRC a lot of people thought this may be something to do with JB right from the off? I wonder what has come to light in order to bring a charge?

I do hope there can be justice for Dylan and that his family may one day be able to locate him and lay him to rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back