Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Laguna Salgado, 26, Provo, 16 April 2015

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Apr 20, 2015.

1. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I am cautiously optimistic. I wonder if we have to wait the lab is operational at year end to start on Elizabeth's case. I hope not. But any additional resource may move this case in a positive direction. If nothing else then having the media mention her case helps to keep the public's knowledge refreshed and increase the chance of that one tip.

2. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

I wonder where Ayoola Ajayi was when Elizabeth disappeared. I have always suspected her uncle, but...

3. TexasT

TexasT Well-Known Member

Just watched a re run of Elizabeth’s episode on disappeared . Sure would be nice if they would give a update at the end . :(

jash likes this.
  4. scriabina

scriabina Well-Known Member

Good question! What made you suspect the uncle?

5. Awakening

Awakening New Member

From the disappeared episode her american friend at the beginning said Elizabeth didn't know much english, but they would help her with her english and in turn she would help them with their Spanish. So some of them knew some spanish. He also said a number of them were always keen about speaking to her.

I don't know much about the church or her family and whether she could or would have done anything that 'shamed' them. It seemed unlikely from the episode, but putting out all possibilities.

Seems unlikely that a stranger saw her within that 18 days she was in America and took her off a busy road without her screaming or anyone witnessing a forced abduction? It also struck me that she was a conservative, cautious person by nature and new in the country so would be unlikely to get into a car with someone she didn't know?

But she would trust someone from her church, even if she had only recently met them? Or obviously would have trusted her own uncle/s.

Whoever the perp/s are, it seems that they would fit in easily to the community and would not be obvious suspects. Someone close to them might know something but dismiss it because they they think the person/s is so unlikely to have committed a crime? Hopefully someone does the right thing and says something. Even anon.

jash, annemc2, otto and 2 others like this.
  6. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome to WS @Awakening! Thank you for bumping this thread! I’ve always wondered what happened here. Didn’t know there was a Disappeared episode- will def go watch asap.

jash, JnRyan, cocomod and 1 other person like this.
  7. JudgeJoe

It’s Disappeared Season 8, Episode 4, “On a Mission”, aired April 16, 2017.

From IMDB app:
    “A beautiful young woman moves to the United States for a new opportunity, but in a mere matter of weeks, she vanishes without a trace. Kidnapping survivor, Elizabeth Smart, joins in the search to find her in this mystery where the clues are sparse.“

jash and cocomod like this.
  8. cocomod

He made the searchers very angry on many occasions and many volunteer searchers quit because of him. Also, he was one of the only people in the area she would have trusted to get into the vehicle with. There are other reasons, but...

jash, JnRyan and JudgeJoe like this.
  9. scriabina

scriabina Well-Known Member

I wonder what he could have done to make searchers angry? Contaminate the search area somehow? I don't know -- sometimes when a person is very upset or frantic, they can rub others the wrong way. For example, I went "missing" as an 8-yr-old. After-school program had ended and the teachers normally wouldn't leave until my bus came (city bus), but the bus was very late and the teachers just left me alone in the dark standing there waiting. I waited a very long time and then just decided to walk home. The bus passed me soon after that, and my mom was on the bus where I always met her coming from work (but she didn't see me and I wasn't able to flag down the bus). My mom was frantic and searching for me. She ran to the school and was banging on the window to get anyone's attention. She accidentally broke the window and her arm got cut pretty badly. Later she came home and found me and everything was fine, but the school administration was angry at my mom for breaking their window and suggested I wasn't a "good fit" for the school. Essentially they kicked me out because they didn't like the way my mom behaved. They had no empathy for the situation she was in and the terror she felt thinking her daughter might be missing or kidnapped or worse.

JnRyan, cocomod and JudgeJoe like this.
  10. JudgeJoe

That’s awful! These days if that happened, there’d be a lawsuit & the school would be paying her medical bill for her arm.

scriabina, JnRyan and cocomod like this.
  11. cocomod

How horrible!! So glad you were fine.

scriabina likes this.
  12. cocomod

JudgeJoe, JnRyan and jash like this.
  13. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

I like the idea, but after 5 years this will be tough. Memories fade and residents and students move out of the area. This would have been more effective had it been done much sooner.

JudgeJoe and cocomod like this.