Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Shelley, 5, Logan, 25 May 2019, *Uncle Arrested* #5

Next week, on June 24, 2019, is AW's court hearing date. I am hoping that he just waives a trial. There is only one potential outcome here, LWOP. He can get on the prison bus, directly to Utah State prison in Bluffdale. About 2 1/2-3 hours away.

I wonder if AW's Mother is still supporting him, talking to him.

I have an awful feeling that she would be,if she is I dont know how she could ever look her daughter in the eye again though!

Next week, on June 24, 2019, is AW's court hearing date. I am hoping that he just waives a trial. There is only one potential outcome here, LWOP. He can get on the prison bus, directly to Utah State prison in Bluffdale. About 2 1/2-3 hours away.

And when he gets there, lock him up and throw away the key!!

I have an awful feeling that she would be,if she is I dont know how she could ever look her daughter in the eye again though!

Previous reports from family indicate AW’s mother was not present or supportive of her son in his youth so I’m not sure what is meant here.

However, as I read this, I can’t help but be reminded of Lizzy’s bio dad who during the investigation was able to recall some human quality in AW that caused him to think AW incapable of disappearing and hurting Lizzy. I also believe this was JW’s feeling when she invited AW, her brother, to her home.

My hope is that both AW’s parents and step parents will now assist AW to admit his crime, and accept his punishment and not prolong the suffering with a trial. That’s our job as parents. Right or wrong, he will always be their son.

(And I’m not speaking of post crime immoral parenting a la C Watts)!

MOO

Last edited:
Previous reports from family indicate AW’s mother was not present or supportive of her son in his youth so I’m not sure what is meant here.

However, as I read this, I can’t help but be reminded of Lizzy’s bio dad who during the investigation was able to recall some human quality in AW that caused him to think AW incapable of disappearing and hurting Lizzy. I also believe this was JW’s feeling when she invited AW, her brother, to her home.

My hope is that both AW’s parents and step parents will now assist AW to admit his crime, and accept his punishment and not prolong the suffering with a trial. That’s our job as parents. Right or wrong, he will always be their son.

(And I’m not speaking of post crime immoral parenting a la C Watts)!

MOO

AW mother posted on fb that he didnt do it, she later deleted her comments and after he told them where Lizzys body was she changed his fb name to her maiden name and locked it!
I think she had a much better relationship with AW in the recent past,there interactions on social media certainly gave the impression of a loving supportive relationship

Oh Lord, I hadn’t even thought about that aspect of this horrible crime. That would be such an awful situation for a mother to be in.

Oh Lord, I hadn’t even thought about that aspect of this horrible crime. That would be such an awful situation for a mother to be in.

Due to the autopsy results, there are many more charges against AW, related to rape of a child, sodomy, a bunch of other stuff...that is beyond depraved.

I hope he waives it. I kind of doubt it though...it wouldn't surprise me if he uses a trial as a way to get more attention and deal out more hurt to others...

I hope he waives it. I kind of doubt it though...it wouldn't surprise me if he uses a trial as a way to get more attention and deal out more hurt to others...

Seriously? A trial? The evidence is overwhelming. The death penalty is off the table. There is no option for "insanity" defense. I am trying to figure out what the point of a trial would be...and definitely it isn't in the best interest of AW to have every detail of Lizzie's death and autopsy results exposed in detail.

Seriously? A trial? The evidence is overwhelming. The death penalty is off the table. There is no option for "insanity" defense. I am trying to figure out what the point of a trial would be...and definitely it isn't in the best interest of AW to have every detail of Lizzie's death and autopsy results exposed in detail.

This article goes into the question you posed.

Alex Whipple is back in court Monday, but where is the case going?

ETA Whipple is scheduled to be in court at 4 p.m.

This article goes into the question you posed.

ETA Whipple is scheduled to be in court at 4 p.m.

AW is by far, the least sympathetic criminal. He has chosen the wrong path every time he had an opportunity to change. And I don't see any jury in Utah not convicting him, AW's crime was so heinous, it was covered extensively in Utah.

The defense may want a change of venue, if there is a trial, because everyone is Logan, UT has heard about this crime. Moving the trial to Ogden, UT wouldn't help much.

AW is a monster. A trial would probably force Jessica to testify regarding the events that night. I can't imagine how traumatic that would be. I hope he pleads guilty and waives a trial.

Hmm, you're right. Wouldn't be good for him at ALL for all of his potential future roommates to hear, in grisly detail, everything he did.

Wouldn't be good for him at ALL.

Let us proceed.

Hmm, you're right. Wouldn't be good for him at ALL for all of his potential future roommates to hear, in grisly detail, everything he did.

Wouldn't be good for him at ALL.

Let us proceed.

Even <modsnip - term not allowed here> won't like AW. Child molesters like to think that they are benevolent, misunderstood criminals. They "love" children, and like to portray themselves as kind, nice to children and never "hurt" anyone.

AW's crime lumps him in with them. They will be "offended" by his brutality. His own "peer" group in prison won't like him.

Too bad for AW. Proceed with the criminal trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
This self admitted child rapist and killer deserves every single thing the Prosecution can hand to him. Too bad the DP is off the table.

I don't care about his 'poor me my childhood was rough' or his 'I'm an addict, I can't control myself'......I call BS. I know many people who've suffered worse childhoods and grew into upstanding, respectable, contributing members of society. As far as him being/or not being an addict....again, I know many people who are addicts and struggle every day with their addiction but still manage to live respectable lives. No excuse.

Acts as heinous as the ones he committed against Lizzie are unfathomable to a normal mind. He is evil, sick and a danger to society. Lock him up and throw away the key, he's disgusting!

JMO

Monday, the defense will decide if it wants to go forward with a preliminary hearing.

“The purpose of a preliminary hearing is to decide if there’s probable cause that you committed the crime that you are accused of,” Lynch said.

Lynch said at any time, a plea deal could be presented by either side to waive the preliminary hearing or avoid going to trial.

[...]

“The state will look forward to never letting this person out of prison — the defendant — ever. We look to lock him up for the rest of his life and never have him back on the streets,” he said at a previous hearing.

Lynch said he’s pretty sure there won’t be any more deals for Whipple in the future.

“They already took death off the table; I can’t imagine them reducing it anymore beyond that," Lynch said.

2News will be in the courtroom Monday. Whipple is scheduled to be in court at 4 p.m.

Lizzy has been on my mind a lot lately. I've struggled a lot lately mentally, but this little girl has served as a reminder to me to not take anything for granted. When I'm overwhelmed I remember what Jessica said in the obituary and go outside, listen to the birds, put my feet in the grass, and most importantly try to live like she would.

I hope and pray that AW takes a plea deal and decides not to take this to trial. He does not deserve one more second of attention, of his name being spoken. I can't wait for the day when he's sentenced and we never have to see his face again. However, I don't think we know enough of his personality to say definitively whether or not he'll use his right to a trial. He looked like a cold hearted and angry person in the initial hearing, but I still can't figure out what his motive is with pulling that attitude.

Either way, remember to keep Jessica, Wes, and Dietrich on your minds, and if you believe in it, your prayers today.

Lizzy has been on my mind a lot lately. I've struggled a lot lately mentally, but this little girl has served as a reminder to me to not take anything for granted. When I'm overwhelmed I remember what Jessica said in the obituary and go outside, listen to the birds, put my feet in the grass, and most importantly try to live like she would.

I hope and pray that AW takes a plea deal and decides not to take this to trial. He does not deserve one more second of attention, of his name being spoken. I can't wait for the day when he's sentenced and we never have to see his face again. However, I don't think we know enough of his personality to say definitively whether or not he'll use his right to a trial. He looked like a cold hearted and angry person in the initial hearing, but I still can't figure out what his motive is with pulling that attitude.

Either way, remember to keep Jessica, Wes, and Dietrich on your minds, and if you believe in it, your prayers today.

#LiveLikeLizzy

Ashley Kewish‏Verified account @ashleykewish 5m5 minutes ago
We’re in Logan now waiting for a hearing with Alexander Whipple. He is the man being charged with the murder of 5 y/o Lizzy Shelley. I’ll be tweeting as it happens. #ksltv @KSL5TV

Jeremy Harris‏Verified account @JeremyHarrisTV 13m13 minutes ago
Good afternoon from 1st district court in Logan. We are here for a hearing with Alex Whipple, who is charged with murdering 5-year-old Lizzy Shelley. The hearing will begin in 10 minutes, it will likely be very brief. I'll tweet out updates. @KUTV2News

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back