GUILTY UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #8

I am so glad that justice is finally approaching for Ethan, Joe, and all who loved him.

I hope that Stephanie get's charged with murder as well. She makes Jodi Arias, look like a saint, compared to her. And....that's quite achievement.

Mauro questioned blood being found in Ethan’s room, noting the crime lab found no indication there was blood on a mattress. He also questioned the account of feces being put in Ethan’s mouth, saying fecal matter was not found on his toothbrush.

http://fox13now.com/2013/03/28/defense-begins-in-ethan-stacy-murder-case/

BBM :banghead: has it occurred to him to question whether Ethan was brushing his teeth period. This home was not Ozzie and Hariette's?? :censored: :shutup:

I am so glad that justice is finally approaching for Ethan, Joe, and all who loved him.

I hope that Stephanie get's charged with murder as well. She makes Jodi Arias, look like a saint, compared to her. And....that's quite achievement.

Mauro questioned blood being found in Ethan’s room, noting the crime lab found no indication there was blood on a mattress. He also questioned the account of feces being put in Ethan’s mouth, saying fecal matter was not found on his toothbrush.

http://fox13now.com/2013/03/28/defense-begins-in-ethan-stacy-murder-case/

BBM :banghead: has it occurred to him to question whether Ethan was brushing his teeth period. This home was not Ozzie and Hariette's?? :censored: :shutup:

She makes CA look like mother of the year! I think the defense shananigans are going to be unbarable. It will make following Travis' trial a walk in the park and we all know it hasnt been!

I followed this case for awhile, and it just really got to me so I stopped. I naively thought these two monsters would be sitting on death row, or at the least would have been convicted and received LWOP.

So only NS is looking at the DP, and not SS :furious: Unbelievable imo.....she deserves it as well, if not MORE. Mother my a$$.

What was done to poor Ethan is just heinous and evil, and these two s**theels need to pay for it.

JUSTICE FOR ETHAN!

All the Utah news sites are carrying this story, so I won't bother links. Paraphrased:

A burn expert testified at the 4th (delayed for expert testimony) day of prelim. Dr Jeffrey Saffle said burns over legs, feet, thighs caused by scalding bath were not enough to be the COD alone.

Defense wants to argue against NS being charged under "Shelby's Law" against the DP, so judge gave them until June 20 to come up with arguments to that effect.

Case Archive has all of the info along with many pics.... all updated as of today.

CSI agent says inspiration led him to Ethan Stacy's grave

"I said I'm interested in this one area," he said.

"Why?" asked ABC 4's Noah Bond.

"I just had a feeling," Payne responded.

"Where did the feeling come from?" Bond asked.

Payne quietly looked forward as he struggled to hold back his emotion.
He started to soften and began opening up about communicating with unseen forces.

"You feel inspiration. You feel a closeness and if you're in tune with some of these things,
with your feelings, then all you have to do is listen," Payne said.

---------------------------------

Payne used a small shovel to remove soil from Ethan's makeshift grave.
He analyzed every particle. The process took about three hours.

Ethan's small body was eventually placed in a tarp and carried down the mountain.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...-led-him-to-Ethan/FjA7NUaEs0-GB0TpwqWcQQ.cspx

Ethan is one of those cases that I have to keep my distance on... it's too close to home.

I was there when they brought Ethan off the mountain. I was heartbroken watching them do so.
It has always haunted me. I've never looked at that mountain the same way again.

I feel slightly better now knowing more about who Ethan had in his corner on that mountain. :please:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=26148941&ni...y-in-sloop-case&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-3

FARMINGTON — Judge Glen Dawson has ordered Nathan Sloop to stand trial for murder in the death of his 4-year-old stepson Ethan Stacy.

Dawson's decision came almost four months after he heard the evidence against Sloop, 34, who faces aggravated murder and other charges in Ethan's death. The judge declined, however, to rule on the constitutionality of pursuing the death penalty in the case.

Prosecutors Thursday morning tried to convince Judge Dawson that Sloop should face the possibility of the death penalty in the death of Ethan Stacy.

This baby needs justice! Pure Evil! This is the case that caused me to have to step away from Websleuths for a break.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lty-guilty-killing-stepson-Ethan-Stacy-4.htmlFour-year-old Ethan Stacy's body was found, with his face disfigured from hammer blows, in mountains. The makeshift grave had been sprinkled with dog food.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ling-stepson-Ethan-Stacy-4.html#ixzz2aBZ6N5Xv
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"I told you we had a pit bull on our hands, but they learn,"
Nathan Sloop messaged Stephanie Sloop on May 3, 2010.

"Just like Mommy LOL," she replied.

"I told you we had to break his ego," Nathan Sloop said.

Later, on May 5: "He is broke that's for sure," Stephanie said. :puke: :tears:

laii.jpg

Nathan Sloop wrote. "We got to figure out how to keep him in his room."

Six days later, the boy's body was found buried in the mountains of Weber County.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ly-abuse-before-4-year-olds-death.html?pg=all

i9nt.jpg

I am so sorry Ethan. I wish I had known so I could have stopped them.
I hope one day I am lucky enough to have a little boy just like you. :tears:

I wish Ethan and Jonathan (and on and on) could have just 1/100th of the attention spent on Casey Anthony, Jodi Arias and George Zimmerman.

Just thinking out loud... I like stats. I archived Caylee's case from start to finish and that archive got a couple million hits. Most cases in my archives never reach that kind of numbers, not even close.

It shouldn't even be a debate on if these monsters deserve the DP.

I am a believer *against the DP, ironically, but I have reserved that especially for these two.

Breaks my heart that we are all still here waiting, waiting for justice.

Trial date set for Nathan Sloop in death of stepson

By Emiley Morgan, Deseret News
Salt Lake City, UT

Published: Tuesday, Aug. 13 2013 6:55 p.m. MDT
Updated: 23 minutes ago

FARMINGTON — A 2014 trial date was set Tuesday for a man accused of murdering his young stepson.

Nathanael Warren Sloop, 34, also pleaded not guilty Tuesday to capital murder; as well as charges of obstructing justice and intentionally inflicting serious injury on a child, second-degree felonies; and desecration of a dead body, a third-degree felony, in the death of 4-year-old Ethan Stacy.

A two-week trial is now scheduled to begin March 17, 2014. Judge Glen Dawson also asked that attorneys keep April 2-4 available should Sloop be convicted and the case require a penalty phase to determine whether he will be sentenced to death.

Read more:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-Nathan-Sloop-in-death-of-stepson.html?pg=all

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

(Chris Detrick | The Salt Lake Tribune) Nathan Sloop talks to defense lawyer Richard Mauro
during his arraignment at Davis County Justice Court Tuesday August 13, 2013. Sloop, 34, pleaded not guilty
on Tuesday to felony counts of aggravated murder, intentionally inflicting serious injury on a child, obstructing
justice and abuse or desecration of a human body. Sloop will be tried in the 2010 death of his 4-year-old stepson
Ethan Stacy on March 17 of next year.

Nathan Sloop pleads not guilty to murdering Ethan Stacy
Courts » Prosecutors push for death penalty in killing of stepson, 4.

By Kimball Bennion
| The Salt Lake Tribune - Salt Lake City, UT

First Published 4 hours ago • Updated 1 hour ago

Farmington •After more than three years of delays, Nathan Sloop, the man accused of contributing to his stepson’s death and disfiguring the boy’s body after filing a false missing child report, will have his day in court.

Sloop, 34, will be tried on March 17 of next year for the 2010 death of his 4-year-old stepson Ethan Stacy.

Snipped:

Shackled and dressed in a county jail jumpsuit, Sloop slowly scanned the courtroom’s gallery as he said his name aloud for the court record. When entering his plea to the charges, he loudly and emphatically pronounced each syllable of his words: "Not guilty."

Read more:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56725412-78/sloop-death-ethan-2010.html.csp

Wow.

just finished reading all of poor Ethan's threads. I have no words for what I think.

I've set an alarm on my calender for March 17 for trial. Does anyone know if this trial will be televised?

On Nov. 21, Sloop refused to obey an order to return to his cell at the jail. He "struck a deputy twice in the face, attempted to gouge the deputy's eyes out and attempted to bite through the deputy's thumb, causing a deep wound that required multi-layer sutures," according to charging documents.

"Inmate Sloop was able to get (deputy Kirk Silver's) head in a choke hold underneath inmate Sloop's right arm,"
a sheriff's affidavit states.

Sloop continued to punch the deputy as another tried to pull him off. Sloop then threatened that deputy, saying, "You are next, your turn is coming," according to the affidavit.
Police say Sloop later requested a toothbrush, saying, "I still have pieces of his skin in my mouth." :puke:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=27993558#wfZhDZ7fvwiQhfVB.99

On Nov. 21, Sloop refused to obey an order to return to his cell at the jail. He "struck a deputy twice in the face, attempted to gouge the deputy's eyes out and attempted to bite through the deputy's thumb, causing a deep wound that required multi-layer sutures," according to charging documents.

"Inmate Sloop was able to get (deputy Kirk Silver's) head in a choke hold underneath inmate Sloop's right arm,"
a sheriff's affidavit states.

Sloop continued to punch the deputy as another tried to pull him off. Sloop then threatened that deputy, saying, "You are next, your turn is coming," according to the affidavit.
Police say Sloop later requested a toothbrush, saying, "I still have pieces of his skin in my mouth." :puke:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=27993558#wfZhDZ7fvwiQhfVB.99

Freak!

I hope this piece of trash and the bio mom get what they deserve. Of all the cases I've followed this one always brings a tear to my eye. Such a small boy, caught in the net of "visitation" for his own "good". My prayers go out to his father whose pain I can't imagine, to the family that wishes they had never co operated in sending him to his bio mom for a visit.
Mostly, Ethan, I hope and pray that justice is served for what was done. RIP, little guy, and may the Angels hold you close.

He will never see the light of day again. good riddance and I am glad the family won't have to sit through that trial.

If I could dole out justice, Sloops would both be tortured, smashed and buried with dog food sprinkled on them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back