GUILTY UT - Father killed infant son on altar after finding “666” on him, Ogden, 20 Jul 2018

According to court records, Hidalgo was charged with rape of a child and sex abuse of a child in 2003. The case was scheduled to go to trial in 2004, but prosecutors eventually filed a motion to dismiss due to "evidence problems," court records state. He has a string of misdemeanor convictions dating back several years, including domestic violence in front of a child, intoxication, DUI and drug possession

Great father material - any other children in the apartment? - so sad that someone would have such low esteem as to have his child.

Bumping up for @cybervampira - anything updated?

TIA! :)
I think they want $$$ for court records. He‘s still listed as inmate but no court dates shown there.
Roster Details

inmate.png

Name: HIDALGO, ALEX
Booking Date: 07-22-18
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 145
Hair: BLK
Eyes: BRO
17111522191300.jpeg

Charges - State Statute
CRIMINAL TRESPASS WITHIN A DWELLING
INTOXICATION
FAIL TO APPEAR ON CITATION
POSSESSION OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE SCHEDULE I/II/ANALOG
AGGRAVATED MURDER
OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE
ABUSE OR DESECRATION OF A DEAD HUMAN BODY
POSSESSION OR USE OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
AGGRAVATED MURDER
OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE
ABUSE OR DESECRATION OF A DEAD HUMAN BODY
POSSESSION OR USE OF A CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE
Type - Bail Fine
NB: $0.00

bumpitupbump_zpslfblvcp8.gif

Hey me again!

I'm going to be going through all my "oldie" cases that I haven't heard anything about in quite some time.
I hope someone can help me with these.
I'm going to call on
@JerseyGirl, @cybervampira, @SeesSeas, @MsMarple, @mistivon, @Eleven_11

No access to this court site. As cybervampira said might be a fee to access court site.
Hope you all don't mind me tagging you! I need HELP!!

I have:
Thursday, August 2nd:
*Prelim Hearing – UT – baby boy (10 mos) (July 20, 2018, Ogden) – *Alex Hidalgo (37) arrested (7/21/18) & charged (7/23/18) with aggravated murder (1st degree felony), obstruction of justice (2nd degree felony) & desecrating a dead human body (3rd degree felony). Held without bail.
Said he saw “666” on the boy’s body & killed him on a self-made altar. Could get DP.

Weber County jail
7/26/18 Update: Next hearing 8/2 for appointment of an attorney.

Thanks again all!
animated-smileys-christmas-057.gif

Finally some news....

Child's mother, investigators testify during hearing for Ogden man accused of killing toddler

OGDEN — Months after his arrest in an abandoned apartment building, an Ogden man accused of killing his 10-month-old son had a lengthy day in court.

Alex Hidalgo, 38, was shacked and wearing Weber County Jail garb as he was led into an Ogden courtroom Tuesday (3/25/19) for a preliminary hearing.
[.....]
As of Tuesday, Hidalgo's next court hearing is scheduled for June 6 in Ogden's 2nd District Court. He is being held without bail at the Weber County Jail.

I don't see any mention of radicalizing... it sounds like he just thought his baby was satan or something?

Okay Niner, I just checked the docket.
(I'm pulling an all nighter because my sister is in labor and I'm trying to keep myself busy so I don't drive her completely crazy! Feel free to tag me or message me any other Utah cases I missed.)

There is a telephone conference on May 29. Then the decision for bind over on June 6 is still on just as the article says. If it needs to be postponed they will decide that during the phone conference but I doubt it will. Clearly it'll be bound over for trial.

Child's mother, investigators testify during hearing for Ogden man accused of killing toddler

Judge Michael DiReda asked defense attorneys if they would prefer to have him rule whether or not to bind the case over to trial the same day, to which the defense said they preferred to have him rule after a series of written statements were submitted.

Attorneys on both sides were given dates to submit written briefs and were given time to respond to the other’s written closing arguments. DiReda will issue his decision via written brief later this year.

As of Tuesday, Hidalgo’s next court hearing is scheduled for June 6 in Ogden’s 2nd District Court. He is being held without bail at the Weber County Jail.

Wednesday, May 29th:
*Phone Conference Hearing (@ am PT) – UT – baby boy (10 mos) (July 20, 2018, Ogden) – *Alex Hidalgo (37) arrested (7/21/18) & charged (7/23/18) with aggravated murder (1st degree felony), obstruction of justice (2nd degree felony) & desecrating a dead human body (3rd degree felony). Held without bail.
Said he saw “666” on the boy’s body & killed him on a self-made altar. Could get DP.
8/2/18 Update: Preliminary Hearing was held on 3/25. Next hearing on 6/6.
5/22/19 Update: Phone conference set for 5/29.

Thursday, June 6th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ am PT) – UT – baby boy (10 mos) (July 20, 2018, Ogden) – *Alex Hidalgo (37) arrested (7/21/18) & charged (7/23/18) with aggravated murder (1st degree felony), obstruction of justice (2nd degree felony) & desecrating a dead human body (3rd degree felony). Held without bail.
8/2/18 Update: Preliminary Hearing was held on 3/25. Next hearing on 6/6.
5/22/19 Update: Phone conference set for 5/29.

@MsFacetious - can you find this case? Weber County jail as far as I know. I had someone else looking up this case for me, but their RL got in the way.

TIA if you find something! :)

Is anyone going to believe the 666 thing? :confused: It's exactly what happens in the movie The Omen, that's an excuse for whatever he really did in my opinion!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back