Match! UT - Garfield Co. HispFem, UP8330, 37-45, Apr'98 **GRAPHIC PHOTOS** - Lina Izaguirre Reyes-Geddes

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by WesternArtist, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Oklahomie, thank you for joining us and giving us additional information of Lina's life. My condolences to you and all your family.

madamx, FigTree, Damarna and 7 others like this.

2. Fairy1

Fairy1 VOTE!!!

Definitely want to know more about the husband....and wife #2. And wife #1.

eekasaur, Jake479, KaylaraOwl and 2 others like this.
  3. MandiH82

MandiH82 Well-Known Member

Wow, I’m so honored to meet you and send my deepest condolences and prayers to your family. I’m sure this brings up a lot of emotion and memories and I’m so sorry. I’m so very glad she will soon be back home with the people who loved her.

The additional info on her husband is shocking. I knew he was something like 30 years her senior but the suspicion that he killed his previous wife is chilling. I’m assuming you’re in touch with the detectives around this. Just — wow. Thank you for finding this thread and introducing yourself. ❤️

I was notified on Oct 29th that a sister had called in that day and identified herself to Youngstown PD after seeing their press release that went out in a Texas and Mexico searching for her family members for the DNA match.

This was the press release that was sent out by Ohio after they began working with Utah on confirming the match — and the family members responded to it. Youngstown Police searching for missing woman with Laredo ties

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    SugarQueen, Keane, scmom and 8 others like this.
  4. Mrs. Badcrumble

Mrs. Badcrumble The North remembers

It doesn't really come as a surprise that the efforts of an online amateur sleuther won't be recognised or even mentioned, MandiH82, but we know! Not only did you do good, you did REALLY good and we are proud of you :)

Also, cyber-hugs to Oklahomie and my deepest sympathies to you and your family ♡

SugarQueen, FigTree and Andreee like this.
  5. Coco'sMommy

Coco'sMommy Member

Great work, Mandi! I'm sure it's a comfort to those who loved her.

SugarQueen, FigTree and Andreee like this.
  6. MandiH82

MandiH82 Well-Known Member

Very true! :) No one in my family nor my group of friends has any interest in investigations or true crime so I guess I feel a bit like a black sheep. lol. It's nice to have found some fellowship!

As far as how the dots were connected, it was really similar to what everyone does on the "Unidentified" section. Ultimately, I guess it was just a really lucky NameUs search! I selected the UID case to look at because it seemed as though there hadn't been much in the way of recent discussion -- yet there was a lot of info to go on. My database search only pulled up about 26 cases and six cases in I stopped in my tracks when I saw her MP photo. Then, one by one, every stat was a match. I had the photos up side by side for over an hour, just going back and forth studying her facial features. The clincher for me was the large mole in the upper portion of her right ear in her MP photo and that same mole was listed in the identifier section of the UID profile. I submitted the matches by email that evening and then called it in the next morning.

As far as the husband goes. I'm not sure why they are hesitant to publicly name him as a person of interest. I know he was a POI at least for Ohio when it was just a missing persons case. Now that they know she's the UID, I'm sure they just need to do their due diligence before saying anything specific.

Thank you so much :) Since the press conference, there have actually been quite a few nods in my direction for making the match. Honestly, I feel like I'm receiving MUCH more recognition and credit than I deserve. I played a small part in a much bigger chain of events involving many hard working people -- which in my opinion includes this forum!

Here are a few of the articles with mentions:
    Investigators identify victim, potential suspect in 20-year-old cold case

Utah shooting victim identified as Valley woman missing for 20 years

Maidenwater victim identified after 20 years, thanks to whirlwind 2 months of investigation

In my conversations with authorities I have mentioned Websleuths multiple times as being instrumental in this match and have encouraged them to check out this site and the amazing people doing amazing work.

You are very kind :) According to Oklahomie, it sounds like it has brought some comfort, or at least closure in some way. That makes me happy.

7. CarlK90245

CarlK90245 UID Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I left the match flag when I commented on Thursday, because I know the press often gets it wrong. - as it turns out they did here.

Congratulations Mandi on the good match!

8. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Great work Mandi! Awesome!
    I hope that there is more news on this case.
    Rest In Peace Lina.

9. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

10. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

11. sunnynz

sunnynz Well-Known Member

Well done! Bless you for giving this family back their daughter.

MandiH82 and Al Ka like this.
  12. Jake479

Jake479 Well-Known Member

RIP Lina Izaguirre Reyes-Geddes

TeyoGayum, carbuff and Al Ka like this.