UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty* #2

I honestly did not hear anyone really say he had dementia. I think he was aging and as such we all change a bit...does not quality for any diagnosis just forget a few things...move a bit slower etc. I mean he referenced going into the kitchen and forgetting why he went...seriously that happens to most of us at some point. Nope this guy was mostly full of anxiety due to this law suit..blames everything on it. Now what is he going to do?

DON'T forget in the other eye he had a cataract which had to be removed. I understood the nature of the "stroke" but that had no impact on my general view of this guy.

Once he had the cataract removed, his vision could have been great.

Its the cataract in situ that negatively affects one’s vision.

I was just amazed at his ability to tell huge whoppers.

GWYNETH PALTROW SKI CRASH CASE: JURY FOREPERSON SPEAKS TO COURT TV​

Juror #19, Don, the foreperson of the jury spoke to Court TV's Julia Jenaé. He said the experience humanized celebrities for him when Paltrow spoke about going skiing with her dad. He also said that he found Paltrow's recollection of the crash believable. (3/31/23)

Once he had the cataract removed, his vision could have been great.

Its the cataract in situ that negatively affects one’s vision.

I was just amazed at his ability to tell huge whoppers.

His problem was that he wanted to claim being "disabled", but he was unwilling to live his life in the past seven years that would have led to a winning verdict. People who claim a disability, better be willing to live it, every single day, for months, years, while the court case churns its way through the legal system.

He may have lost the case anyway, but pictures of him riding camels, evidence of extensive international travel certainly didn't equate with his claim that he suffered a traumatic brain injury and his life was irreparably changed.

Terry's "truth" is really a red herring. There were facts:

1. Terry was the uphill skier
2. Terry said he was sorry to GP at the collision scene.
3. Terry was never unconscious
4. Terry did not fly through the air.

The idea of personalized truths was introduced by both of Terry's daughters. Obviously, that family does not believe in objective standards for knowledge. Very strange for a family of an optometrist, a profession of quantitative measurement. Somehow, in our discussion here on WS, Terry's pre-dementia condition (although highly arguable) was conflated with social constructionist theory. No matter whether Terry willfully lied or truly believed his story for whatever reason, his counsel should have told him the objective facts were fully against him. It's his own fault. He can't change facts into how he would rather have them be, no matter how vividly imagined or closely held.

Last edited:
I liked the foreman except the part about him not following the law and just doing what he feels is right! Eek! Apparently he put that in the form and they picked him anyway so I think we’re good as far as appeals are concerned. As has been said on here before jurors speaking out always makes me nervous!

Clearly the jurors saw right through TS! Haha! Foreman even called out the plaintiff’s lawyers!

I liked the foreman except the part about him not following the law and just doing what he feels is right! Eek! Apparently he put that in the form and they picked him anyway so I think we’re good as far as appeals are concerned. As has been said on here before jurors speaking out always makes me nervous!

Clearly the jurors saw right through TS! Haha! Foreman even called out the plaintiff’s lawyers!
Omg an appeal, can you imagine. I certainly wouldn’t put it passed him.

GWYNETH PALTROW SKI CRASH CASE: JURY FOREPERSON SPEAKS TO COURT TV​

Juror #19, Don, the foreperson of the jury spoke to Court TV's Julia Jenaé. He said the experience humanized celebrities for him when Paltrow spoke about going skiing with her dad. He also said that he found Paltrow's recollection of the crash believable. (3/31/23)
Boy this guy is great....watched the reactions of TS and looked for the little things. I like his way of thinking.

Yeah I understood that. My point is was he nearly blind in one eye or not? He says “loosely” blind. What does that even mean? As an optometrist he can’t tell us exactly? Girlfriend said she had no idea about the vision issues. And he still drives. So what’s the truth here? That’s all I’m sayin’

having the same condition, I understand this part

you can sort of see shapes out of the eye that had the stroke but it's like there are shadows/clouds in front of the things you see and so you are essentially blind in that eye - you might be able to identify the shape of something but cant see any of the details inside that shape - like I'm looking at a computer screen right now and if I close my right eye and only look with my blind left eye, I can tell it's a computer screen or tv screen but can't read anything ... really difficult to describe

and I have not lost my license either although I haven't driven much since the diagnoses - I have to turn my head all the way to the left when turning the car right so that my right eye can compensate

Last edited:
Opinion | In the Utah Ski Trial, We Are All Gwynnocent

Going to trial is expensive, and efforts of people like Ms. Paltrow and Mr. Sanderson to seek justice are partly subsidized by taxpayers — mostly, in this case, Utah residents who are not responsible for tourists who ski badly.
In 2020, tort costs — the cost of civil cases where one party incurs liability for harming another party — in America were around $3,621 per household, and some portion of that is borne by those of us who could not possibly afford to drag a celebrity into court for a ski collision.

Opinion | In the Utah Ski Trial, We Are All Gwynnocent

Going to trial is expensive, and efforts of people like Ms. Paltrow and Mr. Sanderson to seek justice are partly subsidized by taxpayers — mostly, in this case, Utah residents who are not responsible for tourists who ski badly.
In 2020, tort costs — the cost of civil cases where one party incurs liability for harming another party — in America were around $3,621 per household, and some portion of that is borne by those of us who could not possibly afford to drag a celebrity into court for a ski collision.

Interesting, never really thought about that.

As for an appeal I don't think that Sykes et al is really interesting in spending any more time on this and from their poor performance (even for a Country Lawyer) I don't think they really believe their client is that damaged at all from the "accident". I assume he would have to get someone to take the case?

It'd be amazing if Sanderson's large legal team took the case on commission.
If true, they should pay Paltrow alongside Terry.
They knew their case was bogus and perpetrated this fraud on society and GP.

His problem was that he wanted to claim being "disabled", but he was unwilling to live his life in the past seven years that would have led to a winning verdict. People who claim a disability, better be willing to live it, every single day, for months, years, while the court case churns its way through the legal system.

He may have lost the case anyway, but pictures of him riding camels, evidence of extensive international travel certainly didn't equate with his claim that he suffered a traumatic brain injury and his life was irreparably changed.
I once had to experience a lawsuit that claimed damages in excess of my lifetime income expectations . They were trying to max out car policies to sue our homeowners.

Guys , they follow you ,they run your credit every 28 days,they clock when you buy a car..they book vacations ,just to watch you hike uphill . I suggest ,if your filing suit or settling claims, maybe just stay at home?

Last edited:

Several years ago I worked for a large company where we had 15-20 employees who were on paid medical leave for various disabilities. Some had been on disability leave for over a year, drawing their full pay under the company’s disability provision.

Most of the disabilities were either carpal tunnel or back pain.

The corporate office hired private detectives to investigate, and they videotaped these employees who were on leave doing various activities that were more physically demanding than their jobs required. Various employers were filmed doing yard work, carrying bags of mulch and soil, working on construction projects, and engaging in sports.

I remember one employee who I had worked with had been on disability leave for 18 months due to carpal tunnel. Her job involved inspecting parts that weighed 11 pounds each, and she claimed her carpal tunnel wouldn’t allow her to lift 11 pounds. Yet she was filmed unloading and carrying 40 pound bags of mulch throughout her large yard.

When HR confronted these employees with the video evidence they all resigned immediately.

The Behavior Panel’s Mark Bowden said something very interesting during their review of TS’s behavior. He started out by saying if you can avoid going to court avoid it! Don’t go to court and try to resolve your issues outside of it. Because once you’re in there you’re all alone. The only people that enjoy being there are the judge and the attorneys. He was saying no one will guide you in how to behave because the people there are anti-social. So you will come off badly to a jury.

It makes so much sense especially in this case. Cause the lawyers seemed so awkward here. “Country lawyer” and sniffling, coughing, “I’ve been told to sit down” etc. Let’s not even get into Kristen’s cross of GP! Eek! Just totally unaware socially. I mean TS is a scam artist imo but still. The fact that his lawyers even took this case says how socially clueless they are. But then their court room behavior was just as bad as TS’s. So was GP’s lawyer’s behavior.

Several years ago I worked for a large company where we had 15-20 employees who were on paid medical leave for various disabilities. Some had been on disability leave for over a year, drawing their full pay under the company’s disability provision.

Most of the disabilities were either carpal tunnel or back pain.

The corporate office hired private detectives to investigate, and they videotaped these employees who were on leave doing various activities that were more physically demanding than their jobs required. Various employers were filmed doing yard work, carrying bags of mulch and soil, working on construction projects, and engaging in sports.

I remember one employee who I had worked with had been on disability leave for 18 months due to carpal tunnel. Her job involved inspecting parts that weighed 11 pounds each, and she claimed her carpal tunnel wouldn’t allow her to lift 11 pounds. Yet she was filmed unloading and carrying 40 pound bags of mulch throughout her large yard.

When HR confronted these employees with the video evidence they all resigned immediately.

Sickening - these people were liars & scammers. They should have gone to prison for fraud. Being allowed to resign is not nearly enough of a punishment, especially when they received free money based on false pretenses for all of that time.

Going along with this, these types of criminal acts makes it more difficult for people who have actual legitimate disabilities to get compensated for this.

The Behavior Panel’s Mark Bowden said something very interesting during their review of TS’s behavior. He started out by saying if you can avoid going to court avoid it! Don’t go to court and try to resolve your issues outside of it. Because once you’re in there you’re all alone. The only people that enjoy being there are the judge and the attorneys. He was saying no one will guide you in how to behave because the people there are anti-social. So you will come off badly to a jury.

TS deserves the majority of the blame here. This liar took the case to court under false pretenses. Sure, he was able to find lawyers to take the case because they wanted to make $. But, he shouldn't have done this in the first place.

Glad he lost the case & presumably lost a lot of $ here. And, it could have been a lot worse for him. He got off easy. I.e., it's important to note that considering the fraud he committed here, GP could easily have gone after him for a lot more $ and could have also pressed for criminal charges to have been brought against him - and he would have deserved this.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back