UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
C
If she was guilty she would have just paid him to avoid all of this nonsense. She has the money I would think.

Reading here sucked me into watching but my free streaming ends Tues. and I really want to see Terry on the stand. Hope I can see some videos on You tube after.
Go to Court tv
They stream trials there (at least they used to) I remember watching Amber Guyger trial on my phone as I ran errands.

MOO

Thank you guys for giving a play by play. I just cannot watch this. I just can’t. I’m so embarrassed for his family! This lawsuit and whole trial is just embarrassing. OMG. Now we all know about his erectile dysfunction. That’s great. Why is this even in court? He sued because of who he had a run in with. IMO he thought she has millions and nobody likes her anyway so…He will lose, and then he’ll just look like the litigious opportunist that he is. And he’ll still have ED. :rolleyes: Embarrassed for this guy.

I just saw GP's testimony, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, she stated that she "looked down, and saw two skis coming in between her skis, and heard 'grunting'."

That just doesn't seem correct to me. As I wrote earlier, ski collisions happen so fast, it isn't "slow motion". Not calling out her recollection, just not understanding her testimony regarding the incident. It doesn't seem likely that would occur like this.

The best prediction I’ve heard so far is that the jury will decide in favor of the plaintiff but award him very little money. I think the plaintiff has built enough sympathy and GP is a celeb and comes off a bit aloof.

Attorney arguing with the judge...won't quit.

Besides, if you run into things at home etc., like I do, doesn't mean you run into things while skiing or partaking in sports activities, like I've never done.
If you google GP aand clumsy, there are some articles about things (self deprecating) that she said on talk shows- IMO probably worth this lawyer trying to get that before the jury but it did not work with this judge.

I just saw GP's testimony, and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me, she stated that she "looked down, and saw two skis coming in between her skis, and heard 'grunting'."

That just doesn't seem correct to me. As I wrote earlier, ski collisions happen so fast, it isn't "slow motion". Not calling out her recollection, just not understanding her testimony regarding the incident. It doesn't seem likely that would occur like this.
It made me think that he did ski up and hit her on purpose! If it did happen that way, IMO.

Just finished watching GP's testimony. She thought she thought she might be getting SA'd on the slope? Where do all these loonies come from? Not one of them are credible, including the attorneys.

IMO
The lawyer wanted to get GP standing next to her for height comparison. It was so obvious stating she is 5' 5" (with 4" heels) and that was the height of TS. GP is about 5' 10". The lawyer kept on getting her snide remarks in like your not so small. The taylor swift friend thing was strange and clumsy ... those things were on talk shows and SM. Lawyer talk about money a lot. I would have gotten a massage too if my muscles were sore. GP did good on the stand. I would have snapped back at that mean girl lawyer.

TS must have had money to do all that skiing and international travel. Also strange that he stood up by his lawyers and mean girl stood next to him for comparison

Thank you guys for giving a play by play. I just cannot watch this. I just can’t. I’m so embarrassed for his family! This lawsuit and whole trial is just embarrassing. OMG. Now we all know about his erectile dysfunction. That’s great. Why is this even in court? He sued because of who he had a run in with. IMO he thought she has millions and nobody likes her anyway so…He will lose, and then he’ll just look like the litigious opportunist that he is. And he’ll still have ED. :rolleyes: Embarrassed for this guy.
Agreed. He brought this on himself IMO but I feel for his family.

IMO
The lawyer wanted to get GP standing next to her for height comparison. It was so obvious stating she is 5' 5" (with 4" heels) and that was the height of TS. GP is about 5' 10". The lawyer kept on getting her snide remarks in like your not so small. The taylor swift friend thing was strange and clumsy ... those things were on talk shows and SM. Lawyer talk about money a lot. I would have gotten a massage too if my muscles were sore. GP did good on the stand. I would have snapped back at that mean girl lawyer.

TS must have had money to do all that skiing and international travel. Also strange that he stood up by his lawyers and mean girl stood next to him for comparison
apparently he originally sued the resort and employees as well
and the 300K against GP is what is left after some dismissals

another article I found said he is (was?) 5'8" so not really
a different size than GP Judge Dismisses 'Hit and Run' Claim in $3.1-Million Lawsuit Against Gwyneth Paltrow Following Incident at Deer Valley Resort, UT - SnowBrains
not sure this is MSM or if it is accurate

It made me think that he did ski up and hit her on purpose! If it did happen that way, IMO.

That would actually be plausible. Because I am still thinking about an actual ski collision. In your Scenario, the plaintiff did come up behind her, in a deliberate maneuver, GP was startled, and fell.

Tomorrow the media headlines will be, " Gwyneth Paltrow Testifies She Was Sexually Assaulted On The Slopes ".

I am not trying to make light of SA but I am about the media. IMO.
<modsnip> If she is Seriously claiming she thought it might have been a “sexual assault”, then I am totally done with her. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member