UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was stuck in a meeting. I’m watching this current witness who seems very poised (just like GP). I think Sykes (so?) is doing a good job for his client poking holes albeit too condescendingly but these witnesses have held their ground. I need to go back and catch up what I missed the last hour and a half! It sounds like some important psychological info was revealed about TS!
TS was roasted right before the cameras today. Not sure this damage is not worse that the broken ribs.

Is Sikes for real. Three times he has said this country lawyer line...people in the gallery are rolling their eyes. Did that other lawyer give me a note to shut up? Fong being in Holland...two times he goes on about that today....the guy is out of touch and a terrible terrible lawyer.
The bodyguard even exchanged a look with GP that seemed to say 'if he says that one more time...'

I agree…and with each of these defense witnesses we are learning a little more of TS. As with so much of this information other that of scans, etc. seems to have been self reported by TS…trying to control the narrative on things.

Oh HOW ironic that makes his attorney’s “isn’t it better to have more information?” questions even more ironic. With each new witness there’s more information that is seemingly chipping away at the facade his attorneys were trying to present to the jury. I’m so interested to see him back on the stand. Will he fall ill beforehand? Can his anxiety get him out of it? I’m genuinely asking; if his anxiety is as bad as it sounds, could it be argued he’s debilitated enough that he can’t testify again?

I worry that defense is being too heavy handed with these experts. Plaintiff has not proven that GP caused the accident IMO. Not even close. So I think Sikes “country lawyer” shtick is telling in that he wants to signal to the jury that the LA celeb is crushing the small town plaintiff with her big celebrity dollars! I think it’s a legitimate tactic. I don’t know if it will work but I feel this is overkill for defense. Like him or hate him, this is quite embarrassing for TS and given his age, defense risks alienating the jury with this heavy handed parade of experts. Especially if any of them have major health issues or struggle with emotional problems or have family/relatives that do.

Am I the only one who is looking at JE (aka Clark Kent) as the veteran quarterback who has received the 2 minute warning and plays his A game while the older attorneys all seem to be loosing ground as the clock ticks on?

“I missed an afternoon of skiing” GP has gone viral.

Also followed by this-‘White rich people in court’
9K for 2 days of skiing
An afternoon spa massage
$25 bottled water
My yoga instructor
It’s hard to travel to the Netherlands now

Terry is up … for 30 minutes (that’s all the time defense has left)

Owens is going through all the trips he took, going through a bunch of Photos Terry posted on FB doing physically active things…on and on…

This was all after the ski accident... no problems at all!!

Terry is still babbling on, trying to embellish. He even went skiing the following year.

He had a breathalyzer in his car??

If I had any doubt as a juror…this would have made up my mind.
Good close.

Last edited:
Wondering how much the tab for GP is now. Considering the caliber and quantity of witnesses it is likely 3xs 300G.
I guess she can afford it, and I imagine that she really does think the principle matters more. I haven’t followed so closely, and don’t have a good feel for who did what. I personally don’t like GP, but don’t want her extorted if she did not run into him.

Mr Owens has probably waited all trial for this round of questioning. The sheer amount of states and countries, and types of rigorous activities, really don’t paint the image of a man whose life was upended and he can barely function. The dude traveled all over the country and the world. He even mentioned looking for a helmet to go skiing again.

If you asked me earlier on, based on what his attorneys said, I would have thought he was stuck at home most days because of such serious debilitating conditions.

Devastating cross by Owens! I anticipate Lawyer You Know (as a personal jury plaintiff’s lawyer) will argue that he doesn’t have to be debilitated and homebound to have suffered as a result of the incident. That none of these pictures show you the cognitive difficulties he may have had.

Devastating cross by Owens! I anticipate Lawyer You Know (as a personal jury plaintiff’s lawyer) will argue that he doesn’t have to be debilitated and homebound to have suffered as a result of the incident. That none of these pictures show you the cognitive difficulties he may have had.

It was a devastating cross and made me believe he brought this case cause GP is the defendant-
The plaintiff attorneys know those pictures of his travels are really awful for their case, but because
GP is the defendant they were willing to take a chance--

He started to ramble on saying something about children on islands (Epstein scandal)!!! I need to rewind and listen to that carefully. But what the heck! It sounds like he wanted to stick it to GP - he sees her as representing some weird Hollywood rot and he wanted to teach her a lesson!? I think many people clocked this early on with this guy - this was a need for attention! Plain and simple! JMO

He started to ramble on saying something about children on islands (Epstein scandal)!!! I need to rewind and listen to that carefully. But what the heck! It sounds like he wanted to stick it to GP - he sees her as representing some weird Hollywood rot and he wanted to teach her a lesson!? I think many people clocked this early on with this guy - this was a need for attention! Plain and simple! JMO
I think her lawyer should have let him continue with his anti-celebrity conspiracy theory message board ramblings as it establishes a clear "she's a celebrity and deserves to be taken down" frame of mind.

Well, TS admitted ‘I was flushed out’.

Guess he wanted to be famous for winning against GP.

I think it’s all but over and the verdict will come in rather quickly.

Hope TS doesn’t forget his chequebook and that dollar for GP.

Im no fan of GP but I think she did the right thing going to trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes