Found Alive UT - Holly Suzanne Courtier, 38, Zion National Park, 6 Oct 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doublestop, Oct 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WideOpen

WideOpen Well-Known Member

So very happy that she has been found! This was a very traumatic thread. Prayers answered.
    jmo

2. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

Freaking OUTSTANDING news!!

When I saw this in a recent article, it did sound hopeful that they had a strong potential sighting of her and could narrow down a probable area to focus their search. They used the word positive which got my attention. IMO

3. Kaykedi

Kaykedi Well-Known Member

AMAZING, FAB-U-LOUS!

4. Auntie_Seagull

Auntie_Seagull Well-Known Member

FOUND ALIVE! Yesssss!!!

5. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

Amazing! I really thought this was going to be a body recovery mission at this point. What great news that is not the case!

6. Luckyzmom

Luckyzmom Well-Known Member

Woooooowhooo!!!!

7. mrstfs

mrstfs Well-Known Member

8. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

WOW! I am shocked and so happy for her and her family. Totally unexpected and so nice to get a happy outcome on one of these missing persons cases.

9. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I'd love to know. I thought all along she was trying for some photo ops and some alone time. I still wonder if she got lost - not difficult to do out there, at all. The soil can be so hard/rocky that most people wouldn't be able to follow their own tracks back to safety.

10. K9Enzo

K9Enzo Well-Known Member

missing-person-found - Zion National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Missing Person Holly Suzanne Courtier Found at Zion National Park

SPRINGDALE, UT – Search and Rescue crews found Holly Suzanne Courtier today within Zion National Park. Park Rangers received a credible tip from a park visitor that they had seen Courtier within the park. Courtier has been reunited with and has left the park with her family.

The family provided the following statement, “We are overjoyed that she was found safely today. We would like to thank the rangers and search teams who relentlessly looked for her day and night and never gave up hope. We are also so grateful to the countless volunteers who were generous with their time, resources and support. This wouldn’t have been possible without the network of people who came together.”

Zion National Park would like to thank Washington County Sheriff’s Office, K-9 Units from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources and Utah Search Dogs Search and Rescue Teams, Grand Canyon National Park Emergency Service Team, Bryce Canyon National Park and Lake Mead National Recreation Area Park Rangers, and all the staff and volunteers that provided support for this search and rescue effort.

11. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

When we get a "found alive" or "found safe", I am so grateful. I wish Holly and family well. I am sure the story is filled with lots we haven't thought of. Welcome back, Holly!!!

12. mrstfs

mrstfs Well-Known Member

13. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

Well this is certainly best case scenario! While I doubt we get more information, it doesn’t sound like she was lost.

14. zecats

zecats Well-Known Member

Oh wow. Just logged on after visiting my daughter all day. This is such great news. I’m gonna go read all the juicy details now.

Yay! And hurray for searchers

15. Jackielee09

Jackielee09 Well-Known Member

I have a question for anyone who has been there. Is there cell service? If there is then she left phone behind so no one could contact her. Maybe she just wanted to live off grid for awhile. Can’t blame her for wanting to get away. I find disturbing she didn’t tell anyone. It sounds like she wasn’t lost but on an adventure. Maybe depressed and just wanted to refocus on herself. Pure speculation on my part. I guess the takeaway is let family or friend know where you’re going regardless of age.

16. Seni

Seni Well-Known Member

Fantastic news! What a relief for her daughter. Well done to all those involved in the search!

17. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Wonderful news!! If she was uninjured and left with her family, Holly is going to be shocked to see all the stuff on the internet, she never knew she was missing. So many people cared about her!!

18. chris24

chris24 Active Member

Yes, as far as I recall, the park had really good cell service. I don’t remember not having service when I visited.

19. InsightfulSage

InsightfulSage Active Member

I know the park & all it’s trails very well. I would say it’s next to impossible to be uninjured, but lost, as an experienced hiker in Zion. I would bet that she was purposely missing. I’m glad to hear she is fine & reunited with family.

20. InsightfulSage

InsightfulSage Active Member

Cell service is touch & go in Zion. Most of the park has limited cell service, while some areas are complete dead zones & some areas have great service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.