Found Alive UT - Holly Suzanne Courtier, 38, Zion National Park, 6 Oct 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doublestop, Oct 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sincerely

Sincerely Well-Known Member

I just read the news while scrolling social media. So so happy Holly has been found alive!

Subiechik21, LadyL, momsof3 and 12 others like this.

2. LAhiker

LAhiker Well-Known Member

I'm surprised but very glad she's been found alive. I hope we'll find out more about what happened.

3. Shadowtrix

Shadowtrix AJ ♡

Also just saw the news and I'm so glad and relieved this turned out differently than I was expecting.

Subiechik21, LadyL, momsof3 and 8 others like this.
  4. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm and Carry On.

So glad she was found!

Time will hopefully reveal some details as to what happened and why.

Until then, we wait.

JMVHO.

5. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Just heard- alive & apparently well. Doesn’t sound like injury or lost- usually that’s reported straight up. So voluntarily missing for all that time with no intent of letting her daughter know? Idk. Smh...

6. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

7. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I would like to know where she has been. Stealth camping in a National Park is illegal. If she has been breaking the law, she should be cited. Wasting valuable rescue resources for what so far seems to have been a pointless task.

Coronavirus Leading To Vandalism, Illegal Camping, Short Staffing In National Parks

It would be helpful to have more information. Did she get lost? Was she hurt? It seems like she is in the hospital with dehydration.

8. azure

azure Well-Known Member

Where did you see she was in the hospital? All I've seen is "she left the park with her family".

9. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Why are you assuming she was stealth camping and breaking the law?
    Have I missed a link that states this?
    TIA

10. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

I did not say that she had been stealth camping. I would like to know if she had been, this should be released by the news.

We have not been given much information by MSM.

11. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

"Stealth camping in a National Park is illegal. If she has been breaking the law, she should be cited."

This appears to be implying she was "stealth camping" and if so, she should be charged.
    Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't.
    I haven't yet seen any details as to where she was, exactly, while folks were searching.
    Or, if she even knew she was reported missing.
    I'd like to see those details.

Imagine that, taking a break to just be away from the stress of it all, out in nature, just to find out you were reported missing and had folks worried sick. I mean, we don't know yet if this is what happened, and this is complete speculation. I'd like to give this young lady the benefit of the doubt.

jmo

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  12. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

You’re right, we don’t know that she was in Zion. We just know she was found somewhere and that she booked a shuttle to Zion on October 6.

13. Pyrite

Pyrite Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I think a 12 day food supply + other gear (Zion get pretty cold at night so that makes for bulkier gear to stay warm) is hard to pack in, even with a big pack. I’m not sure stealth camping is the answer unless She made at least one trip into town to resupply.

Subiechik21, MsBetsy, LadyL and 6 others like this.
  14. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

100s of comments.

Zion National Park

Missing Person Holly Suzanne Courtier Found at Zion National Park

SPRINGDALE, UT – Search and Rescue crews found Holly Suzanne Courtier today within Zion National Park. Park Rangers received a credible tip from a park visitor that they had seen Courtier within the park. Courtier has been reunited with and has left the park with her family.

The family provided the following statement, “We are overjoyed that she was found safely today. We would like to thank the rangers and search teams who relentlessly looked for her day and night and never gave up hope. We are also so grateful to the countless volunteers who were generous with their time, resources and support. This wouldn’t have been possible without the network of people who came together.”

Zion National Park would like to thank Washington County Sheriff’s Office, K-9 Units from the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources and Utah Search Dogs Search and Rescue Teams, Grand Canyon National Park Emergency Service Team, Bryce Canyon National Park and Lake Mead National Recreation Area Park Rangers, and all the staff and volunteers that provided support for this search and rescue effort.

www.nps.gov

Image: Zion NPS News Release

Subiechik21, Suglo, Alcina and 11 others like this.
  15. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

omg omg omg! Been following this case, amazing she is alive! Great news!!! That's all that matters.

Subiechik21, MsBetsy, LadyL and 10 others like this.
  16. 24Brix

24Brix Well-Known Member

“Safe and well”! That’s the best news of any case I’ve followed since Jamie Closs! I wish it happened this way more often... <3

17. KAE

KAE Well-Known Member

OMG! I just saw the news!!!! SO, SO happy!!! YAY! \o/ \o/ \o/

Subiechik21, Fidobell, LadyL and 6 others like this.
  18. iamnotagolem

iamnotagolem Well-Known Member

If we’re just going by facts reported in MSM, then we only know that she was in Zion today.

19. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

I hear what you’re saying, but if she’d had a backcountry permit or campground reservation, she’d have been found right away. She could have gotten lost or injured- but usually media reports that right away, and in this case did not. I think it’s reasonable to wonder if she was stealth camping. Jmo.

MerBeach, Subiechik21, Suglo and 11 others like this.
  20. Mama Mercy

Mama Mercy New Member

I read this on her ******** earlier. Written by her sister:

"HOLLY HAS BEEN FOUND ALIVE AND WELL!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone's continued support and prayers! Details on her rescue are limited right now and we will update you when we have all the information.

Please continue sharing this page as Holly will need medical care in the days moving forward. She has no medical insurance to cover the costs and your donations will help.

Again, my family is so grateful for your thoughts and prayers."

I assumed this meant she wasn't in a good way, but who knows. I'm curious to hear new information as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.