UT - Kailey Vijil, 12, found strangled, West Valley City, 17 July 2015

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by PastTense, Jul 17, 2015.

1. PastTense

PastTense New Member

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2740391-155/wvc-police-find-body-of-missing

2. Loading...

3. poppyfrock

poppyfrock New Member

4. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

The suspect lured Vijil outside by telling her he needed some sort of help, Russo said.

"She was a good-natured child who was fooled ... and paid the ultimate price for it," Russo said.

Russo would not provide details as to what sort of help the suspect claimed to need, but said investigators are aware of no other contact, digital or in-person, between the boy and Vijil.

Not long before Vijil disappeared around midnight, the suspect tried a similar ruse with an 11-yr-old girl who lives in the same neighborhood, Russo said, but that girl's parents intervened.

The 11-year-old's report helped police identify the suspect. Officers found him about 1:30 p.m. Friday in a different neighborhood, but Russo didn't say where.

Neighbors said that the boy had disturbing conversations in recent days with young girls who lived on his street.

Stephanie Sala said he came over to her house on Thursday evening and asked to play with her 5-year-old niece. She told the boy no.

Two days before that, at a different house, he approached 8-year-old MM. M said he asked if she wanted to go with him to see a fort in an abandoned house. She also refused to go with him.

UUGGHHHHHHHHH----lock him up, throw away the key....:jail:

5. poppyfrock

poppyfrock New Member

Thank goodness those other little girls didn't go with him, but how terrible for little Kailey. It sounds like she had a big heart and wanted to help someone in need. I feel terrible for her and her family.

And also: "Neighbors said the teenage boy recently was in juvenile detention center for two months, and had been seen hitting his younger sisters in the past."

I bet he has been a violent little monster for years. I bet his poor sisters have been abused by him for a long time.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2740391-155/wvc-police-find-body-of-missing?page=2

6. Kimmer

Kimmer New Member

Why would any parent let an 11 year old go out at that hour to help another child, seems that one of the parents should have went out to help the kid.
    JMO.

7. poppyfrock

poppyfrock New Member

Agreed. An 11 year old should not be going out at that time. I wonder if the parents knew she was leaving or if she left without telling anyone?

8. poppyfrock

poppyfrock New Member

According to this video, her parents knew she left! The video possibly shows perp's mother being served papers and also an interview with a little girl who he targeted earlier in the week. :gaah:

ETA: I tried to embed video, but I don't know how. It can be found here :

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35538531&nid=1164

9. poppyfrock

poppyfrock New Member

Sweet Kailey

484301_110275249162133_1695474473_n.jpg

10. wendybtn

wendybtn Active Member

Another potential Ted Bundy, but caught 20 years earlier. RIP Kailey.

11. teedie2

teedie2 Active Member

Is there another link for the video? This URL loads a page of pictures relative to the case. tia

12. poppyfrock

poppyfrock New Member

I apologize! I don't know what I did wrong. This link should work.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35538531&nid=148&s_cid=rssextlink

ETA: I copied and pasted the link to the video I was speaking of yesterday, but the link seems to be going to the latest update on the case. If you look under the latest video you will see a video with the timestamp: 6:30. That is the one I posted about with the perp's mom being served papers and the interview with the little girl. I recommend watching both the latest video and the 6:30 one.

13. nycgrl

nycgrl New Member

I hope this monster is charged as an adult.

14. bettiepageturner

bettiepageturner New Member

Check his computer history and go after every single disgusting website he was probably a part of. JMO.

15. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Is he cognitively normal? It sounds like he was planning something for a while if he was going after other little girls too but it's not exactly a criminal mastermind's plotting to let the girls' parents know. There's no way to not get caught if you go into the night with a girl who ends up dead and the parents know it was you.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=35567224
    Neighbors support both family of murdered 12-year-old girl, family of teen boy in custody

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — A vigil is planned for Sunday night in memory of a 12-year-old girl who was found murdered in West Valley City Friday.

Sam Johnson, West Valley City Police Department, said the vigil for Kailey Vijil will be held at 8 p.m. at City Park, 3500 South 4500 West, in West Valley City on Sunday.
    http://fox13now.com/2015/07/18/vigil-planned-for-12-year-old-girl-murdered-in-west-valley-city/

16. PastTense

PastTense New Member

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2749897-155/no-charges-yet-against-teen-boy

17. poppyfrock

poppyfrock New Member

18. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

19. PastTense

PastTense New Member

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2752860-155/15-year-old-utah-boy-charged-with-aggravated

It's unfortunate the 14 year old sister didn't have any better sense, either--to either prevent Kailey from going out or immediately getting the mother. Not only the advisability of going out at night with a stranger--but how can you find a lost cat in the middle of the night when it is dark out?

20. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Active Member

Cats get out at night. You call, you look around, you listen, if you have treats you shake the bag. If someone asked me for help I would help, but I'm a grown woman with a soft spot for cats.

Will her sister ever be able to forgive herself?

I think it's easy to focus on the hour because it is so late and dark, but this kid... I don't think she would have been safe with him at 10am. :(

21. blue22

blue22 New Member

It's unfortunate that anyone is casting blame on a 14 year old who is grieving and will live with what-ifs the rest of her life. The bottom line is, HE is the bad guy. She did nothing wrong. SHE is a victim, too.

I've looked for my cat in the night, as a grown women. So, let's lay off the kid. She is a VICTIM.