Found Deceased UT - Kayelyn Louder, 30, Murray, 27 September 2014

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Oct 4, 2014.

1. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Something is possibly off imo. It's kind of like Elisa Lam's case; I'm just not sure...

Any chance she was being drugged?

2. FleaSpirit

FleaSpirit Active Member

From http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elisa_Lam

"Since her death, some person has been updating Lam's Tumblr blog. Her phone was not found either with her body or in her hotel room; it has been assumed to have been stolen at some time around her death. Whether the continued updates to her blog were facilitated by the theft of her phone or the work of a hacker is not known; nor is it known whether the updates are related to her death."

"Apart from the question of how she got the roof, others asked she could have gotten into the tank by herself. All four are 4-by-8-foot (1.2 by 2.4 m) cylinders propped up on concrete blocks;[43] there is no fixed access to them and hotel workers had to use a ladder to look at the water. They are protected by heavy lids that would be difficult to replace from within."

"The investigation had determined how Lam died, but did not offer an explanation as to how she got into the tank in the first place. Doors and stairs that access the hotel's roof are locked, with only staff having the passcodes and keys, and any attempt to force them would supposedly have triggered an alarm.[42] However, the hotel's fire escape could have allowed her to bypass those security measures, if she (or someone who might have accompanied here there) had known."

"Other viewers argued that the video had been tampered with before being made public. Despite the obscuring of the timestamp, they argued, parts had been slowed down, and they claimed nearly a minute of footage had been discreetly removed. This could have been done simply to protect the identity of someone who otherwise would be in the video but had little or nothing to do with the case, or to conceal evidence if Lam's disappearance and death had been the result of a criminal act."

- - - -

A previous poster had suggested putting a mannequin in the creek to see if it would travel as far as the body traveled.

If after dozens of attempts there was some part of the creek that it could never go downstream of, high water, low water etc, it would be reason to put substantial resources into an investigation.

Aside from that there doesn't seem like an obvious next step. A day spent looking for places that the body could not go downstream past might or might not find such a spot. But it is the next step if someone wanted to pursue the case. There do not seem to be glaring oddities as in the other case.

3. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

4. ChuckMaureen

ChuckMaureen Well-Known Member

Note the phrase: "or illegal substances"

Were there significant "legal" substances?

5. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Just curious, why would that be interesting or important?

6. Island_Chica

Island_Chica New Member

I don't mean to speak for someone else, but I presume it would be interesting to know because someone could be legally prescribed medications that could have a severe impact on one's judgment. Examples are benzodiazepines (Xanax, etc), narcotic or opioid painkillers, etc. Just because no "fatal" amounts of any drugs were in her system doesn't mean she hadn't taken a decent amount of legal, prescribed medications that could have affected her judgment, mood, etc.

TatianaBarbie likes this.
  7. SCHMAE

SCHMAE Well-Known Member

Subscribing.

8. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I was just reading at this site called SSRI's Antidepressant Nightmares. Kayelyn's case is there which makes it sound as though she was taking something for depression. I wonder if they confirmed this with family, hopefully they did. https://ssristories.org/kayelyn-lou...sists-death-was-not-an-accident-deseret-news/

9. jc8825

jc8825 Member

This thread is old, but I just discovered that Louder's Social Worker license was set to expire on September 30, 2014. That is the following Tuesday after her Saturday disappearance. I find no further record of her license, so presumably if she had applied for a renewal, the record should have been updated to the new expiration date after x number of years, but nothing. Was this a contributing factor to her possible depression and bouts of breaking from reality? Is this the reason she was terminated from her last job (failure to maintain licensure)? Was there a reason she could not renew? Just a few thoughts as I dig deeper.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

10. hec60504

hec60504 Member

No disciplinary action noted against her, so most likely she merely chose not to renew - more than likely this is why she lost her job (though I'm sure they gave her multiple chances to renew). https://secure.utah.gov/llv/search/detail.html?license_id=4180986

11. hec60504

hec60504 Member

I suspect she had an un-diagnosed psychiatric illness that was exacerbated when she lost her job, to the point where she was suffering from perceptual disturbances. The police should have brought her to the hospital after all of those 911 calls...

12. MzOpinion8d

MzOpinion8d Former Member

My RN license expires tomorrow and I haven't renewed it yet lol. I'll go online tomorrow and update it. I'm not sure if Social Work licenses are the same way but she may have been procrastinating.

13. jc8825

jc8825 Member

That is what I was thinking. She was a social worker at a boy's school; maybe she dealt with something disturbing, or perhaps she was simply procrastinating updating her license. It just seems strange that the date of her disappearance was so near the expiration date of that license.

What was the name of the school where she was employed? Maybe "working on her resume" meant a career change? Just speculation.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

14. J.M. Bee

J.M. Bee Well-Known Member

While I just started reading and watching videos about this case, I think the best explanation for her behavior prior to her disappearance is paranoid schizophrenia. Having dealt with this in my own family first-hand, I know that its symptoms can set in relatively quickly and in ways that take friends and family by surprise. As for why and who she died, I need to keep reading/watching to have any thoughts about this. (To be discussed further.)

15. J.M. Bee

J.M. Bee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm pretty confident this woman had an onset of acute paranoid schizophrenia --- either before her dismissal from the school or just after --- and she fell or leapt into the river. Very sad. However, her delusional phone calls, her talking to herself, her walking about in the rain without any shoes on all point towards paranoid schizophrenia.