UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I wonder if she will write a new book ..or eve a series
Mommy's Big House Story! (which is ironic huh?)
Only because there's no book big enough for the whole title:

Mommy Wanted To Buy a Big House and Steal Big Life Insurance Policies So She Murdered Daddy and Now He's Gone and She's Going to the Big House Forever.

So, in all the other talk about Kouri, did she make bond? Where are the children?
Kouri is being held without bail. She has a detention hearing scheduled for this Friday, May 19.

A family spokesman for the Richins family said in a recent interview that the 3 children are being cared for by a close family member and doing well.

Thank you Herat. I was just going to comment on that. I know of several businesses that received this ”loan”. Basically as a bonus for keeping employees working during the pandemic. I don’t know of any who had to actually replay the money. Not exactly a loan , right?
At least that’s how I understood it. No doubt Eric had a good sized crew in the kind of business he was in, which would explain the dollar figure of his PPP loan.
Our business was a necessary business that received one of the loans because we retained full employee staffing and benefits. The last thing we wanted was to have to let go of good employees or drop their healthcare benefits during Covid !!! The loan was really a lifesaver for us.

The loan forgiveness paperwork was mindbending and complex. Thank god we had a good accountant and bookkeepers who knew what information to provide. It was an awful lot of paperwork, for sure. It has taken almost 3 years to get it all done.

The property is no longer under contract and the listing is now active again. Maybe the buyers didn't want to be associated with the mess KR has created? MOO.

Maybe the title to the home is being contested because of alleged fraud, and the buyers don't want to have to wait years for a legal solution as to whether they pay $3.7 million only to find they don't actually own the property.

I think this is a HUGE risk.

Only because there's no book big enough for the whole title:

Mommy Wanted To Buy a Big House and Steal Big Life Insurance Policies So She Murdered Daddy and Now He's Gone and She's Going to the Big House Forever.
Yep, she bought herself into a "big house": big mansion, big girls' prison. House from hell, either way.

No guest house in the prison, though. Your "guests" live in your space, and no personal invitations necessary.

That's what title insurance is for though, right?

I hope whatever Real Estate board there is in Utah reviews all of her documents for this sale.

I think it would be very easy for a realtor buying a property for herself to skip or falsify all sorts of legal requirements.

It may be that whatever offer she accepted from the prospective buyer has already fallen out of escrow because of this. Someone with $3.7 million will want solid proof of valid title and property description.

After all, the purchase was a year ago, and it's just now that it's up for sale.

As I recall, there was a document that her late husband Eric signed on in 2013 that was not actually legally completed until 2018. It appears she has a history of being legally challenged or incomplete with required documentation.

That's what title insurance is for though, right?
Considering the notoriety of this case, why would an insurer be willing to attest that the title is clear? Seems like a claim just waiting to happen.

Plus, even if they're made whole the buyer would still lose control of the property if the courts determine it belongs to ER's estate (probably after years of legal wrangling while the buyer waits in limbo).

The only way I could see a sale here is if both KR and ER's family jointly agree to sell the property and let the courts determine who gets the proceeds.

If she is only accused and not convicted, the house is still in her name so family members can't do anything until she is in jail.. then nothing again, because she would have to default on the loan, wait 60 days, yada yada yada.. this could go on for years

Since she didn't receive the life insurance proceeds, I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't already begin to default on the loan. She didn't get what she thought she would upon his death. JMHO

I remember when Kristin Rossum pointed her husband back in 2000.
She also left rose petals around the bed bc American Beauty was her favorite movie.
I forgot about her! Didn’t she kill her husband for her boss?
That's right. Rose petals. Happened in my area. More educated than Kouri, and yet still so reckless and stupid. She apparently had a Meth addiction.

Per Wikipedia- Kristin Margrethe Rossum (born October 25, 1976) is an American former toxicologist who was convicted of the murder of her husband Gregory T. de Villers, who died from a lethal dose of fentanyl on November 6, 2000. Rossum is serving a life sentence at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla...

[...]

...enrolled at San Diego State University and graduated with honors in 1998. After graduating, she worked as a toxicologist at the San Diego County medical examiner's office. Rossum and de Villers married in 1999. The following year, she began an extramarital affair with her boss, Dr. Michael Robertson...

That's right. Rose petals. Happened in my area. More educated than Kouri, and yet still so reckless and stupid. She apparently had a Meth addiction.

Per Wikipedia- Kristin Margrethe Rossum (born October 25, 1976) is an American former toxicologist who was convicted of the murder of her husband Gregory T. de Villers, who died from a lethal dose of fentanyl on November 6, 2000. Rossum is serving a life sentence at the Central California Women's Facility in Chowchilla...

[...]

...enrolled at San Diego State University and graduated with honors in 1998. After graduating, she worked as a toxicologist at the San Diego County medical examiner's office. Rossum and de Villers married in 1999. The following year, she began an extramarital affair with her boss, Dr. Michael Robertson...

Now it’s all coming back to me. I was local at the time. She was so pretty, her husband was so handsome and she lured him to his death. Wonder if she’s pals with the higher profile Betty Broderick!

The property is no longer under contract and the listing is now active again. Maybe the buyers didn't want to be associated with the mess KR has created? MOO.

Wonder if the sale contract has to be pended due to her legal issues so the buyers pulled out.

[...]

Wow, this case is so similar. Total déjà vu. Even the names could be mixed up, and the initials for both are KR. I have a feeling, similar backgrounds. I wonder if the current KR is getting it on with the local death examiner, and that’s why she could be confident she wouldn’t get caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong