UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

I still say, they probably had next to 0 expenses and had a pile of cash. Most crimes are over money. If it wasn't the creepy guy it may be much closer and they could have been robbed and the scene made to look like something different. The campsite I posted from google earth had a camper right by the creek in 2019, I would like to know if this camper was one of theirs back that long ago. It appeared to be a perfect campsite, Shade and water but no doubt hard living in winter. Hopefully an insider joins in this discussion.
Chances are it wasn’t their camper. It looks like a nice site, you can only camp on BLM land for 14 days at a time before having to move. In popular campsites they are filled every day all camping season. This looks like a popular area, so that’s most likely the case.

It is a disgusting question, but I’ve thought about it too, and my theoretical answer is even more disgusting. Based on the description of the placement of their wounds, I think the rapist held the gun on them while he raped them and shot them when they struggled. JMO. Sorry, this is horrific to imagine

Sorry graphic post. I dreaded this thought too, same as above two posters... and only really thought about it because of the way Kylen was described when found (arms/legs in awkward position). It's uncomfortable to think about but could be important. I had a couple thoughts:

- I originally thought they were put in creek post mortem to wash away biological evidence and were 'cleaned up' there, so reason for awkward positioning if arms/legs were moved post mortem

- Now I'm thinking they could've been put in the creek after being raped to wash away biological evidence and shot there as the woman who found them didn't describe seeing blood on the ground at the camp. So very possible they were both shot in the creek. If this scenario, this could be important as why would a killer care where the blood went? He didn't want to get it in the camp area? Unless both women ran to the creek to try to escape or were chased there.

I think this could be a personal crime (would've been set up as they didn't recognize creeper) or thrill kill. There seemed to be rage/anger and a sense of torture/overkill (to rape a loved on in front of the other and the areas they were shot signal to me they were left to bleed to death slowly opposed to an execution style where head/heart was targeted).

It is a disgusting question, but I’ve thought about it too, and my theoretical answer is even more disgusting. Based on the description of the placement of their wounds, I think the rapist held the gun on them while he raped them and shot them when they struggled. JMO. Sorry, this is horrific to imagine

I think he held the gun on them and that's why no one heard anything too :( That's probably how he kept them quiet. Threatening the women and their bunny if anyone made any noise. I just don't get why he had to kill them... sad.

I have a truely disgusting question I have been putting off asking, but it is important;
Has there been any indication if the rapes took place before or after the murders?

Only LE and killer would probably know. I have to wonder how much the creek washed away any biological evidence.

This guy knew to wash them in the creek, probably cleaned their nails too. I hope LE got some DNA off the women, any little bit!

I still say, they probably had next to 0 expenses and had a pile of cash. Most crimes are over money. If it wasn't the creepy guy it may be much closer and they could have been robbed and the scene made to look like something different. The campsite I posted from google earth had a camper right by the creek in 2019, I would like to know if this camper was one of theirs back that long ago. It appeared to be a perfect campsite, Shade and water but no doubt hard living in winter. Hopefully an insider joins in this discussion.

Anything is possible, but most cash -grabbers don't rape, shoot and drag their victims' bodies. I'm trusting that Dad knows what he's talking about when he states that this is what likely happened to the girls.

I don't think they have said and this would be the most important info if it was a sexual predator. Moab police did try to calm fears like no one else was in danger and I find this odd if it was rape which would raise the highest flag towards danger to the public. One thing we're looking for is if they were dragged to their found location which should be obvious depending on if it rained or not. I assume there was no rape based on the police info and not warning the public. It would be good info to see the report and if shell casings were found or not. The police are likely holding onto information only the killer(s) would know to help prosecution and conviction.

I don't think they have said and this would be the most important info if it was a sexual predator. Moab police did try to calm fears like no one else was in danger and I find this odd if it was rape which would raise the highest flag towards danger to the public. One thing we're looking for is if they were dragged to their found location which should be obvious depending on if it rained or not. I assume there was no rape based on the police info and not warning the public. It would be good info to see the report and if shell casings were found or not. The police are likely holding onto information only the killer(s) would know to help prosecution and conviction.

I wish I could agree with you, @ardean - it would seem to logically follow that if this crime *did* involve sexual assault, that the Moab police would have warned the public about the potential threat posed by this predator. However, if the police felt that the reason these women were attacked was because of a) their sexual orientation OR b) they were in possession of drugs, they may have felt that this was a "targeted" attack and the SA was just a "minor" part of the overall crime. Thus, they might not think there is a threat to the public at large, since the majority of Americans are not LGBTQ and (IMO) do not possess illegal drugs.

P.S. I am not endorsing this point of view AT ALL, just trying to make sense of Moab LE not warning the public in light of what KS's father said about the crime.

Kylen's father has repeatedly used the word rape, so that's where I assumed that happened. Not sure LE would divulge to him if they had been though or not, I feel like they would not release that.

With body parts being exposed the way they were, this could've been a form of humiliation if not a SA. But then I think who would really go through the trouble of doing all that for a hate crime? If it was a hate crime they would make it more obvious by writing a message or making it clear to get the point across IMHO... I think it's possible a hate crime still but just seems so random I guess.

Me too. I read a comment in regards to this on the FB group not sure I can paraphrase or not with rules thought?
I don’t think it’s a stretch to speculate that the POI that was questioned and released is BL. Imo

"Surveillance footage of slain married couple shows them complaining about 'weirdo' staying with them | Daily Mail Online"

I'm mystified by this: the video has no audio and the security camera seems to follow the blonde woman with the leg brace, which is odd for security videos--they don't tend to track individuals.

Has anyone heard the audio of this or ID'd the third woman is in the first part of the video?

Full version here: Footage shows last time slain Utah couple seen alive, talking about 'weirdo' nearby

RstJ

It's not unusual for LE not to release what information led them to conclude that the murders have no link to GP or BL. The statements by KS father also support that the women shared information with others that they were fearful of a "creeper" that they took steps to move away from.

Sheriff says there is "no link" between Gabby Petito case and deaths of newlyweds - CBS News

9/17/21

"It has been determined that the Gabby Petito missing person's case is not related to the double homicide case involving Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte," the Grand County Sheriff's Office said in a press release.

The sheriff's office did not immediately respond to CBS News' request for comment on how investigators reached this conclusion.

Moab murders: Kylen Schulte's father appeals for help solving newlyweds' slaying

242127612_4247462425332120_1983379170915775130_n.jpg

243131165_4282536551824707_2182883735018014053_n.jpg

Kylen Schulte & Crystal Turner: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

9/19/21

“It has been determined that the Gabby Petito missing person case is not related to the double-homicide case involving Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte,” the press release said.

[..]

Schulte, 24, and Turner, 38, were last seen at Woody’s Tavern in Moab, Utah, on August 13, police said.

Five days later, they were found dead in a creek near their camp site in the South Mesa area of La Sal Loop Road.

In a later press release, the Sheriff’s Department revealed that the cause of death of the women was determined to be gunshot wounds.

“The wounds were located on the backs, sides, and/or chests of the victims,” according to an August 19 search warrant shared by The Moab Times-Independent.

[..]

The search warrant in the case revealed that authorities sought to search a van belonging to Turner and Schulte, which was left at a McDonald’s restaurant where Turner worked.

The search warrant revealed the two women were found “partially undressed with multiple gunshot wounds all over their bodies.” The Moab Times-Independent gave further details, saying the women were found “undressed from the waist down,” and one “had on a bra that was raised to expose her breasts,” according to the search warrant.

A friend reported that Schulte sent a text that said “if something happened to them, that they were murdered” and a “creepy man” was around their camp who they found intimidating, the search warrant said.

Kylen Schulte & Crystal Turner: 5 Fast Facts to Know | Heavy.com

9/19/21

“It has been determined that the Gabby Petito missing person case is not related to the double-homicide case involving Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte,” the press release said.

[..]

Schulte, 24, and Turner, 38, were last seen at Woody’s Tavern in Moab, Utah, on August 13, police said.

Five days later, they were found dead in a creek near their camp site in the South Mesa area of La Sal Loop Road.

In a later press release, the Sheriff’s Department revealed that the cause of death of the women was determined to be gunshot wounds.

“The wounds were located on the backs, sides, and/or chests of the victims,” according to an August 19 search warrant shared by The Moab Times-Independent.

[..]

The search warrant in the case revealed that authorities sought to search a van belonging to Turner and Schulte, which was left at a McDonald’s restaurant where Turner worked.

The search warrant revealed the two women were found “partially undressed with multiple gunshot wounds all over their bodies.” The Moab Times-Independent gave further details, saying the women were found “undressed from the waist down,” and one “had on a bra that was raised to expose her breasts,” according to the search warrant.

A friend reported that Schulte sent a text that said “if something happened to them, that they were murdered” and a “creepy man” was around their camp who they found intimidating, the search warrant said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back