UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

Not sure how credible this source is, but some (a lot really) new details about the crime scene:

This is one of the most … horrendous killings, double homicides I’ve ever seen,” Chapman said. “Both girls were shot three time apiece and then three times more.”
<...>
The women’s bodies then were dragged “headfirst down to a creek,” he said
."
<...>
“The murderer had to know them,” Chapman said. “When you shoot someone six times apiece, that is worse than any hate crime.
<...>
Chapman also said the two women were killed by the same gun, a 9 mm, “with two kinds of ammunition.”
“We’re almost positive it was one gun,” he said.

Huh??

Is this just guessing or has he gotten a look at the report detailing the crime scene and forensics? If true this raises the very real possibility they were killed somewhere else and moved to their campsite. If they (and we really don't know any of this) ...used the motorcycle to go back and forth and left the Kia at the campsite normally, then maybe 8:30pm at Woody's really *is* the last time they were seen alive.

Has anyone else seen this information anywhere besides this Gephardt article?

R.st.J

"A Strange Weirdo"

Chapman said he and his team interviewed at least 100 people, with eight or nine people pointing to one particular person.

“It’s not Adam,” Chapman said.

Turner and Schulte, before their death, had called a friend complaining about a “creepy” man bothering them at the campsite, NewsNation local affiliate ABC4 in Utah reported.

Chapman argued that had the women seen Pinkusiewicz, they would have said on the phone that it was him.

“The girls saw a strange weirdo,” Chapman said. “They knew who Adam was. We did other interviews today. People that knew Adam, they said he’s not like that.”

As for his suspect’s motivation, Chapman said Turner and Schulte’s murder was a hate crime.

The dead coworker did it? I agree with Dog that is unlikely & have thought maybe the sheriff just wants to close this case. How convenient that their prime POI is dead by suicide? Too convenient, IMO.

Dog also suggested in the article posted by @RstJ above (BBM):

“The murderer had to know them,” Chapman said. “When you shoot someone six times apiece, that is worse than any hate crime. They didn’t slap somebody and make them mad. Because of their marriage, they didn’t make someone mad enough to gun them down and kill them and slaughter them. … Usually the only thing that drives somebody to kill like that is love.”

JMO

5/10/22 Dog the Bounty Hunter ranks Moab campsite killings among ‘most horrendous’ of career | Gephardt Daily

“This is one of the most … horrendous killings, double homicides I’ve ever seen,” Chapman said. “Both girls were shot three time apiece and then three times more.”

The women’s bodies then were dragged “headfirst down to a creek,” he said.

[..]

In January, the Grand County Sheriff’s Office announced it had “persons of interest” in the case but stopped short of saying it had a suspect. Officials say the bodies were found four days after the women were killed.

First, I don't believe Adam and the creepy dude are the same people.

We know from the AA quoted below that the women were shot multiple times but I'm skeptical of allegations they were shot 6 times each! I believe that they attempted to flee from their killer(s), and were first wounded before being dumped in the water.

I've previously noted my concern about Grand County Sheriff's office being able to handle a hate crime, and where FBI should be involved here but I do believe if this was in fact, the massacre as alleged by Chapman, FBI would have been visible and active since August 2021. :eek:

I think the viciousness of the murder was a message, and may not have been about sexuality.

For the first time, I'm wondering if the women may have been informants, and more inclined to believe this was a message about drugs and territory. More of a "don't even think about it," warning and where the victims were deemed disposable to the killer.

I'm sickened all over. JMO

From the Affidavit for the Search Warrant, both bodies were located in a creek near their campsite:

On August 18,2021 at approximately 11:20 hours, investigators with the Grand
County Sheriff's Officer were dispatched to a camp site near the La Sal Loop
Road with a GPS location of 38.507019, -109.341093. When investigators arrived, a blue Kia Sorento, a single camp tent, a make shift rabbit shelter, and normal amenities for a long-term camp site were observed.

In a nearby creek, two female bodies were found. The bodies were identified as belonging to Crystal Turner and her wife Kylen Schulte. Both women were undressed from the waist down. One of the females had on a bra that was raised to expose her breasts while the second female was dressed in only a tank top. Investigators located multiple gunshot wounds on both bodies. The wounds were located on the backs, sides, and/or chests of the victims. It should be noted that these two females were reported as missing on Monday August 16, 2021.

Warrant reveals additional details in double homicide | The Times-Independent

I'm terribly confused as it seems everyone else here is too.

I don't know if we should trust Dog the Bounty Hunter, but, if there is truth to what he is saying, I have questions, too. Not about whether Adam "could have" done it or not (obviously, no one would have any way of knowing, except for Kylen and Crystal), but if the women, or at least Crystal, knew Adam, then they wouldn't be perplexed by the creepy guy at the campsite...Very, very strange IMO.

Chapman argued that had the women seen Pinkusiewicz, they would have said on the phone that it was him.

“The girls saw a strange weirdo,” Chapman said. “They knew who Adam was. We did other interviews today. People that knew Adam, they said he’s not like that.”

I gotta say WingsOverTx, I'm with you on this one. Because... what... they served poor CSH with a search warrant at her new place, and then said..."Just kidding!" And that's it? What probable cause was there for that? It's all just dropped?

I'm terribly confused as it seems everyone else here is too.

I don't know if we should trust Dog the Bounty Hunter, but, if there is truth to what he is saying, I have questions, too. Not about whether Adam "could have" done it or not (obviously, no one would have any way of knowing, except for Kylen and Crystal), but if the women, or at least Crystal, knew Adam, then they wouldn't be perplexed by the creepy guy at the campsite...Very, very strange IMO.
Absolutely IMO
I kind of am suspicious of all of this, was the unnamed friend who Adam “confessed” to from the area? Is there any question whether Adam committed suicide or if it was murder?

The more we know the less it makes sense.
Great questions!

It doesn't strike me as very unusual that someone who murdered two people would kill himself from guilt and remorse.

I agree he's not likely to be the creepy guy, but I've never been convinced creepy guy had anything to do with the murders. Odd coincidences do happen.

I gotta say WingsOverTx, I'm with you on this one. Because... what... they served poor CSH with a search warrant at her new place, and then said..."Just kidding!" And that's it? What probable cause was there for that? It's all just dropped? ^^rsbm
I'd like to see Grand County Sheriff's Office publicly announce CSH is no longer under suspicion and also release the warrant. What a traumatic event for this woman. I believe reasonable cause is outlined below per LE's allegations by CSH.

5/12/22

“They served me with a warrant last month and told me I was a suspect,” Hunter told The Daily Beast. “It scared me so badly, I felt like I was going to be framed for this fricking murder.”

Three carloads of deputies from the Grand County Sheriff’s Office showed up at Hunter’s new home and dropped a bombshell on her, she recalled.

“They said that my story kept changing, which it did not,” according to Hunter, who said she had taken photographs of the crime scene with her phone to formally document her discovery. “They said that my phone pinged up there [near the murder scene], and I said, Of course it did—I told them that I went up there walking several times a week in the summer… They told me it wasn’t usual for people to take pictures at a crime scene. So they thought I might be hiding something. That’s basically what they told me.”

Hunter, whose phone was seized by the deputies, said she has been treated “horribly,” and that she is considering suing the sheriff’s office over the surreal turn of events.

“All I did was find them, and because of the way I found them, that made me a suspect,” Hunter said on Thursday. “They don't believe in [the] supernatural. I found them in a way that doesn't make sense to them, so that made me a suspect.”

[..]

“I’m struggling with it because if I hadn’t been pulled in as a suspect, I think I would be elated, overjoyed,” Hunter told The Daily Beast.

As it is, she said she would be “questioning how it was handled.”

“They didn’t have any answers for us until Dog came to town,” Hunter continued. “We’ve all been waiting for answers for nine months and then Dog comes to town and [suddenly] they know who did it? I hope it was him, and that he’s dead and we don’t have to deal with that monster anymore. But I struggle with the fact that they knew [it was him]… and just let us dangle out here.”

The Grand County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately respond to The Daily Beast’s requests for comment.

Has anyone been able to discover where and when Pinkusiewicz (hard name to google, with a lot of potential misspellings that the search engines may not scan for) killed himself? Shouldn't there have been at least one or two public notices that a sleuther might discover? Who is this witness that came forward 8mos later with the key information to solve the case and why is LE playing games with the location of his suicide? Maybe the witness also had the key information that AP was going to commit suicide but never actually saw him do it?

This case is full of public information. The important parts continue to be held back. Havent heard anything about processing the black Yaris. Has anyone else?

R.st.J

Last edited:
“It seems incredibly convenient that Dog the Bounty Hunter shows up and is going to get “down and dirty” with Moab and their entire investigation and they miraculously come up with a killer,” Hunter said.

Multiple attempts to reach the sheriff on Wednesday and Thursday — including phone calls, texts, and an in-person visit to the Grand County Sheriff’s Office — did not result in a response.

Green said women in particular in the community in and around Moab have had ongoing trust issues with law enforcement.

“These are all examples of why,” Green said. “There’s just a lot of questions we have.”

Has anyone been able to discover where and when Pinkusiewicz (hard name to google, with a lot of potential misspellings that the search engines may not scan for) killed himself? Shouldn't there have been at least one or two public notices that a sleuther might discover? Who is this witness that came forward 8mos later with the key information to solve the case and why is LE playing games with the location of his suicide? Maybe the witness also had the key information that AP was going to commit suicide but never actually saw him do it?

This case is full of public information. The important parts continue to be held back. Havent heard anything about processing the black Yaris. Has anyone else?

R.st.J
The P.I. has an interesting Facebook post May 17.

R.st.J
In the May 12 report below, seems both his vehicle and remains were only discovered last week which might explain why no info has been reported/located on his death. LE is also not ready to release the location. IMO, it appears the PI is reporting the same as what we found sleuthing AP.

But the break in the case came when police in an unspecified jurisdiction found Pinkusiewicz’s car and remains last week, according to law enforcement sources.

Authorities told Fox News Digital Thursday they were not yet ready to release the location but would do so once the investigation, which includes additional forensics on Pinkusiewicz’s 2007 Toyota Yaris hatchback, comes to a close.

In the May 12 report below, seems both his vehicle and remains were only discovered last week which might explain why no info has been reported/located on his death. LE is also not ready to release the location. IMO, it appears the PI is reporting the same as what we found sleuthing AP.

This seems like a reasonable suspect who was angered by perceived or actual favoritism given to a person he worked with because of sexual orientation. He may have also been jealous. I found Kylen to be an extremely beautiful woman, and he might have been attracted to her. Just an idea

This seems like a reasonable suspect who was angered by perceived or actual favoritism given to a person he worked with because of sexual orientation. He may have also been jealous. I found Kylen to be an extremely beautiful woman, and he might have been attracted to her. Just an idea
I haven’t seen any indication he knew Kylen, he worked with Crystal.

<snip>
I've got questions about Dog's assertions here. It sounds like AP had only been in Moab for couple of months. How would anybody that Dog found there really know anything about him? At best they'd be acquaintances of AP or coworkers. Some comments on the Sheriff's FB page suggested some others AP encountered around Moab found his behavior a bit odd. That said, as @carbuff suggested earlier, creepy guy and the perp could be two entirely different people.

It will be a year in August since the girls were murdered. Where is Dog? Where is the P. I.? Where are LE?

I still am of the opinion that AP might not be the perp. His being dead is just way to convenient, IMHO. But maybe there is a nexus?

No news or updates in the media or Facebook that I can find.

It will be a year in August. As summer ramps up in Moab, is a killer still out there somewhere?

MOO

I'm starting to think that Alan "P" doesn't exist. This is a trap for someone. Or it could be a convenient guy to make a "suspect" and then leave the case hanging, unsolved, but you know, probably him.

I'm far more interested in the raid (Living Hell Article above) on CSH ("Cindy Sue Hunter") for anyone just reading at this point. The timing of that seemed really weird. They're just asking for her phone now? Like 9mos later in a different state. And they decided she's a suspect. So they're chasing two suspects that have nothing in common.

R.st.J

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back