UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

Discussion in '2010's Missing' started by los2188, Sep 5, 2015.

1. xxbreak

xxbreak Member

Hey guys. This article is all old news from the investigation and warrants years ago just becoming public. Just a FYI. And Tracey indeed did check with detectives often, we verified this with emails and texts in her iCloud account as this was released. I don’t personally see why Tracey and Darrin should have to relive this part of their son missing. They gladly welcomed this avenue immediately upon his disappearance because it meant they could eliminate them and move on to locating Macin. Important to note the article is in the past tense. All avenues are still open, but there was and is no evidence pointing to the parents. I could go on and on and on about this if needed.

2. Ejay

Ejay Active Member

Thanks for the info. However, as I said from my very first post, the parents have not told all they know, and they also had ongoing issues keeping their story straight. I saw that early on in my research of this case . So, in a criminal investigation, the persons closest to the 'victim' are looked at first, and then released or in other words, removed from a suspect list, and then the investigators move on. Police departments have far too many cases and far too few staff and resources to waste time going down a rabbit hole unless there is something pretty concrete inclining them to do so. And Utah does seems to always have an abundance of missing kids anyway which only adds to their case loads. The fact that the police did over a dozen investigations/warrants on Tracy and Darrin, and spanning a few years, clearly indicates that the parents story is not so iron clad and lacks in credibility, and perhaps the investigators actually have more info on them than has been released to the public yet. Of course, hard to prove a crime with no body or witness...

Do I think the parents had something to do with the death of Macin? Absolutely NOT. Because as I have always stated, I have every reason to believe Macin is still alive. But the parents are, and have been hiding important facts in the investigation and have been doing so from the start.

Some people seem to be getting hung up on the statement that the parents "were not present during some initial searches." This is a red herring. I actually believe the parents when they said they were advised to stay away during those searches. I mean, if it were me and my missing family member, no one could make me stay away for even a minute. But many parents/family react to these tragic and hectic situations in different ways I suppose. Unlike some people, I do not hold that against them whether they stayed away or not, and certainly there is nothing criminal in their decision to stay away, if in fact they did not attend some of the searches. But again, that is a moot point-a deflection from the real issues. There are far more important items that 'smell funny'. There are many of those in fact. A few are below:

The locked door: In the initial days of the incident, parents said they (both) had to break into Macin's room (late in the day he vanished) because it was locked and Macin never locked his door. Jump forward, in later interviews, the dad said he entered Macin's room to get the cord so he could view what Macin was watching the night before. There was no mention then of breaking the lock to get in, or that mom was present at the time. And he stated he did that either right before or right after he went to the gym that Monday morning (said he could not remember) So which is it; late in the evening with Tracy or Monday morning before or after the gym?

The gym visit timestamp: In the early days/weeks interviews, the story told over and over again was dad knocked on Macin's door at 7 a.m. to be sure he was up for school. Then both the mom and dad stated independently as well as when together, that they heard Macin in the kitchen and then heard [him leave] the garage door open and close at about 7:40 a.m. Then they both stated they went back to sleep, never seeing Macin that day at all. Now that strikes me as odd seeing that Macin had a rather bad evening getting his computer etal. taken away and clearly was upset and with a history of depression (according to the parents). I would think most parents would have gotten up in the morning with a little face-to-face to be certain Macin was ok in mindset from all the computer being taken away thing the night before. (But I digress).

Weeks/months later the pesky little dad's gym membership time stamp surfaces. On that Monday, September 1, dad used the gym membership card at 7:45 am, and the gym is 10-15 minutes away from their home. Wait a minute......Initial interviews, both Darrin and Tracy stated they went back to bed for a while after they heard the garage door close. And then in the future interview, that's when the dad also talked about getting the cord out of his Macin's room where he stated he looked at Macin's computer either (he could not remember) before or after he went to the gym. And if the Macin's door was indeed locked (as stated in the initial interviews), and if that was a first or rare occurrence on Macin never locking his door, one would think that should have been a sort of red flag to the dad that something was "amiss" with Macin. But nah, I'll just go to the gym... So clearly the timeline of the "hearing Macin leave at 7:40a.m." and the gym timestamp at 7:45 a.m. does not all add up, and that's a biggie.

Darrin's polygraph. Both parents seem to hang their hat on the statement that "Darrin passed his polygraph". Well, that statement came from his wife Tracy. You see, we are told that when Tracy went for her polygraph (same place), she told Darrin that she asked and they at the polygraph facility, according to Tracy, told her "Darrin had passed his polygraph". And Tracy relayed this to Darrin (and the press). Interesting that the polygraph firm would share the results with Tracy and not the person being polygraphed in the first place. But more importantly, the police NEVER released the results of Darrin's Polygraph and stated they were not going to because, "it's an ongoing investigation". To my knowledge, the Police have, to date, never released Darrin's polygraph results. So the statement being tossed around of Darrin passing his test was from an 'invested third party'-the wife Tracy, and not by the police investigators.

I could go on and on with a number of other about-face declarations of the parents that changed over time but anyone interested can check all this out for themselves-the info is out there, you just have to dig for it. Some of my earlier posts here have my 'speculations' of what happened with Macin, and also why I am pretty certain he is still alive and enjoying his new life.

Once again, thanks allowing me to share.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  3. xxbreak

xxbreak Member

https://kslnewsradio.com/1905900/ja...jUx2GiLbOVhLWUY_op12KHfW1Ol6bynqrsyHlQpyBCkso

Just thought I would share this here for anyone still following. This link is Macin’s uncle, speaking on his talk show, on KSL. Good first hand information. Thanks to everyone who has ever done anything for Macin. I have his hard drive, have his note, and his parents have been nothing but transparent with everyone around locally and far away. Tracey is still active with everything going on, and we do things weekly all the time! It’s just more off the radar due to some really bad recent experiences we have had to deal with recently. Thanks again for keeping your eyes open. Nothing but gratitude!

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  4. scriabina

scriabina Well-Known Member

You must be a close relative of Macin's if you have his hard drive and his note. Would you consider becoming a Verified Insider? Will the contents of the note ever be shared?

5. xxbreak

xxbreak Member

I’m not sure what that title/ process entails, would you be so kind to message me with more info? There are no plans to release the note, out of respect for Macin. IF he’s out there, I hope he can take solace that some of his things are untouched and intact. So much of his life is now public, which is tough for a private family. I don’t think many people would want their deepest feelings out there for thousands to see. It does not contain any hints as to his whereabouts

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Suglo, cocomod, snowleopard and 5 others like this.
  6. PezCandy

PezCandy With brave wings she flys

Did you quote this or were you saying YOU have the hard drive & quote? Sorry if I’m getting it mixed up.

7. Faith75

Faith75 New Member

Why is it stated in the uncle's statement that the note discusses the argument from the night before. Both parents state that there was no argument. Mom clearly stated that on the Disappearance episode.

kelsie likes this.
  8. PezCandy

PezCandy With brave wings she flys

I was wondering about that too. I’m wondering if a big reason the note hasn’t been released is because it’s incriminating on the parents behalf? Just speculation. I think it’s odd that nothing has really been said about it even tho it’s a big clue.
    MOO

AzPistonsGirl likes this.