UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

Missing in Utah: Where's Macin?

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – After nearly six years, there is still no sighting or sign that Macin Smith is still alive.

But there’s also a remote possibility that the St. George teen decided to disappear and go off the radar.

Whatever the answer is, his mother still wants him home one way or the other.

“I think it’s very important that my son is not forgotten because he’s still out there, somewhere,” said his mother, Tracey Smith.

Yesterday Jane Milota from Medina, OH was found alive in Texas and had just left home on her own. No foul play. No murder. No suicide. I so hope that Macin is one day found and has a similar story of starting fresh and making it! I think about this kid and his mama all the time and want her to get some good news. <3

Macin and Tyler Christensen are two cases that really have stuck with me and been on my mind for years. I truly hope both of these young men are out there alive somewhere and have found the lives and peace they were looking for. I just wish their families were able to have some closure too.

Macin and Tyler Christensen are two cases that really have stuck with me and been on my mind for years. I truly hope both of these young men are out there alive somewhere and have found the lives and peace they were looking for. I just wish their families were able to have some closure too.

Oh gosh yes, Tyler is l0cal and his case has bothered me a lot too. Like you, I hope they both have found some peace and that the truth is known for the families’ sake someday.

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

macin_smith.png

Utah teen Macin Smith was last seen on September 1, 2015, leaving his St. George, Utah home for what his parents believed was another day of high school. The 17-year-old never showed up to Desert High School. All of his personal belongings, including his cell phone and wallet, were found at home. In the six years since, family members have desperately searched for the young man. Police tell Dateline they still follow up on any leads they receive and Macin’s case is an active missing persons investigation. Hundreds continue to post on the 'Help Find Macin Smith' Facebook page, and the family is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to Macin’s return. If you have any information regarding Macin’s case, please contact the St. George Police Department at (435) 627-4300.

So they hear Masin wake up, heard his "morning routine", heard him walk out the front door at the same exact time he always does to catch the school bus....and yet he doesn't catch the bus?

That doesn't make any sense.
I think he never intended to go to school as it was mentioned that his backpack/school supplies were found under clothing in his room. He either pretended to go and went back to his room or he left and came back to the area later (as evidenced by being seen by family friend later that day). He waited out for someone or something!

I think he never intended to go to school as it was mentioned that his backpack/school supplies were found under clothing in his room. He either pretended to go and went back to his room or he left and came back to the area later (as evidenced by being seen by family friend later that day). He waited out for someone or something!
There are a few theories that he never made it past his bedroom at all and the neighbor's sighting of him was mistaken. I have no idea what to think at this time.

If anyone has a place they would like to see searched, let me know, and I will go in the spring to investigate and report back. As long as it isn't far out in the mountains, as I have been pretty ill and weak for nearly 5 years now :( so unfortunately I'm not able to go real deep in. But if a place gives me a feeling or slight evidence it should be searched further, I have no issue letting the proper authorities know.

I plan to do the same regarding Susan Powell.

I know it isn't likely I'll find anything. I have always had a passion for missing persons cases since I was around 10 or 11 years old, but after losing my dad in September, I realized even moreso how insane it would be to not know where he was but just know he likely wasn't around anymore. His death is the worst thing that's happened to me, I miss him so badly and had envisioned an entirely different future for him and for our relationship, but at least I know where he is (ashes in my apartment). I can't imagine not knowing where he is. These people's families must drive themselves crazy with this.

Macin’s story just tears me up. As someone who also struggles with depression it hurts me to think about the pain he must have been feeling. I truly want to believe that he’s out there somewhere. Macin, sweetheart, I hope you’re surrounded by love every single day and have found the acceptance and peace you deserve ❤️
I hope you went and found your happiness somewhere.

They continue to keep Macin in the news.

This was posted about 4 months ago in April.

Missing St. George teen boy would have celebrated 24th birthday this year, remains missing in Utah-

If Macin left on his own free will, thoughts on whether he did this spontaneously or planned it?
Surprised he took nothing with him...though he was depressed and possibly not thinking clearly if distraught. Hopefully, he did not commit suicide. I pray he is happy, safe, and thriving.

If Macin left on his own free will, thoughts on whether he did this spontaneously or planned it?
Surprised he took nothing with him...though he was depressed and possibly not thinking clearly if distraught. Hopefully, he did not commit suicide. I pray he is happy, safe, and thriving.
Agree. I lost a son to suicide.

I feel for the families that don't know if their child is alive or deceased.
Heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back