https://tinyurl.com/vgzuyp5

Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Chris Watts was sober when he strangled his wife, put his daughters in his truck with their feet resting on their mothers dead body, then suffocated his two young children and stuffed them down an oil tank.

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I don't think there's a chance in heck that she'd ever met him in person before. I think it's simple. He tricked her into meeting him there - how, I don't know. We could speculate about that until the cows come home. IMO, he then restrained her, powered down her phone, and took her to his home for his pleasure. Finally, I hope he suffers a long, slow, painful, and tortuous death. :mad: MOO

3. callyn

callyn Well-Known Member

I think if the body was on it's back with arms underneath, then it would be possible for the ties and arms to escape burning.

4. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

I would think that requests in a fresh homicide mandate an IMMEDIATE response from cell tower user/cell provider.

ZoriahNZ, Seenit, Boxer and 5 others like this.
  5. wary

wary Well-Known Member

Wasn’t he interviewed for the first time the morning of the 25th? And then his phone pinged near Logan Canyon a few hours later? The 25th was Tuesday—hadn’t they just gotten the warrants that led them to him on Monday?

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. PommyMommy

Good thinking, Oviedo. I'm sure you're right about that! Thanks. :)

Whiteorchids, kkdj, 1987 and 3 others like this.
  7. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think so, at least not from the autopsy. If they can figure out at what point the blow to the head was delivered they might have an approximate time, but not an exact time of death.
    It may have been some time between 3:00 am and maybe 9:00 am, if she was dead when he bought the gas can. Imo

8. cryscrys

cryscrys Well-Known Member

I am curious about the kidnapping charge, as LE hadn't found her body yet to know she was bound. Makes my mind go back to the movie or film angle. This is all so confusing. Once one dot connects the other doesn't. Although I guess crimes like this will never make sense to me. RIP Kenzie so many thoughts of comfort to your family and friends.

9. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Attempting to Keep Calm, and Carry On

A law should be passed to do so.

8paws, SandSage, SuziQ and 6 others like this.
  10. gipsypup

gipsypup Well-Known Member

Yes, there are many disgusting human beings here ,but the truth is he got $30,000 to get a free education as a foreign student here. BUT , he lied and lied and never fulfilled his student commitment. He obviously wasn’t the type of individual in good standing that deserved this privilege.
    He should have been tracked and made sure he was a full time student and in good standing .He was even caught stealing an ipad on campus and banned from USU!The school should have reported him then instead of turning a blind eye.
    There are many foreign individuals who deserve to get education and become wonderful contributing citizens.
    With this guy it was apparent early on that he was a liar and criminal and was NOT fulfilling his student visa requirements.
    It’s obviously always a case by case situation and this is a perfect example of a person who slipped through the cracks early on but should have been sent back to his country . ML (and possibly others) would still be alive. IMO

11. kodi

kodi Well-Known Member

Just read an article about the PC.
    I just can't. I can't find any words. :mad:

AnnaGrace, Seenit, wary and 4 others like this.
  12. ?mysterian?

?mysterian? Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences for your loss, yellowmoose.

Regarding your question, it's hard to say. Sometimes the medical examiner/coroner is able to determine a specific time of death, sometimes they can determine a range of time that they believe the evidence supports for death to have occurred, other times they're not able to determine a definite time of death. MOO.

ETA: rackin frackin autocorrect

JDough, AnnaGrace, Seenit and 8 others like this.
  13. Midwestmom2019

Midwestmom2019 Well-Known Member

Sometimes they use insects as a means of ID ing time of death. I know euk. Maggots, at what stage in life cycle, have been used. I’m pretty sure that the body itself goes through various stages. From rigor mortis, then maybe blood coagulation time line in various organs. Not a autopsy person. I’m pretty sure that there are MANY ways to estimate time of death. And they would take into account days, locations, charred remains etc. carbon dating the corpse or whatever they use today to date antiquity finds.

SandSage, angelainwi, Seenit and 5 others like this.
  14. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

I saw on one the the tweets that a hearing will likely be this week. Anyone catch a date?

TIA! :)

8paws, jash, Seenit and 8 others like this.
  15. jdog17

jdog17 Active Member

Nigeria is not a country where torture, burning and murder are part of the culture. If you want to find a country where murder is "part of the culture" then please look at actual data. Do murders and torture happen in Nigeria? Yes. And there are many countries where murder is more common, per capita, than in Nigeria. Actual data: Nigeria: 9.85 murders per 100,000; United States: 5.35; Canada 1.58, Russia: 10.82. Very high rates of murder are found often in Caribbean, South American and Central American nations: for example: Brazil: 29.53, Honduras: 56.52, Venezuela: 56.33; Virgin Islands: 49.26. The global average is 7.6, while the average for Africa is 12.5 while the Americas (North and South together) average the highest: 16.3.

Among African countries, South Africa (33.97) and the Congo (19.76) have far higher rates than Nigeria. Please refrain from making generalizations about whole countries. Some are more dangerous than others, but both US and Nigeria are within the average range.

This case is not an example of immigration loopholes, it's an example of one aberrant human being. It's got nothing to do with his country, race, or anything else. He's just a garden variety sociopath.

16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

We have speculated if she wore a fitbit or a smart watch? That may help narrow down the heart rate - I've read this in other cases.

JDough, SandSage, AnnaGrace and 7 others like this.
  17. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

The hole in the head reminds me of the mcstay family all had their skulls smashed in with a sledgehammer.

A sledgehammer would cause a hole in the skull. This must have been a bloody mess with lots of blood splatter to do that kind of damage unless he covered her head first or outside in his backyard then he watered and all the blood soaked into the soil.

18. jdog17

jdog17 Active Member

You can be sober. These people (sociopaths, narcissists, etc.) aren't like you and me. They are wired very differently and simply don't feel much for anyone (except themselves).

19. PommyMommy

I haven't seen one yet. Will tag you if I do! :)

8paws, Niner, HayLouise and 5 others like this.
  20. BradB

BradB Well-Known Member

Chris Watts and this guy arent comparable. Chris didnt want his family anymore and already had a woman on the side. His end game was to live a different life.

What's the end game here other than stupidity?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.