Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoBuckeyes

GoBuckeyes Well-Known Member

I very much agree with you.

2. Zella

Zella Well-Known Member

Just chiming in to agree that I would find it unlikely she'd turn her phone completely off on her own. I'm a few years older than her, and even folks in my peer group that I know just don't turn off their phone, even to charge. They're on all the time, and people get creative with ways to eek out the battery. If she wanted to conceal her location, I could see her doing that, but not turning off her phone to do so.

3. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO he grabbed it, and it was part of terrorizing her.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  4. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

I don’t think she knew this guy well enough to power off her iPhone and wouldn’t have done so. I have an iPhone it has all kinds of privacy modes without powering it off. Why would she voluntarily want to shut down her phone? For what reason? When I online dated for a few years I NEVER powered off my phone with a man even after a few dates. If anything I wanted it ON. I’m not buying she powered it off no way. What girl alone at a park with a guy at 3am nope its ridiculous and I would bet my life she did not turn it off with a guy she barely knew. A guy might do that but not a female.

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I think LE said he used the laptop he stole from the college to look for a wife. I don't know if it was Craigslist, though.

roche.analisa and SandSage like this.
  6. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

IIRC he wouldn't sign the divorce papers. I am not sure how they got divorced then.

roche.analisa and MsBetsy like this.
  7. Whiteorchids

Exactly he had plans. Thinking back to all my fun dating years before, during and after college there is not one guy I was dating for a first time, short time or a BF who wouldn’t have insisted on picking me up at an airport at 3am if he was excited to see me. If anything a new guy I was dating wants to make a good impression and come hell or high water would pick me up. If not the first date would be the last.

8. Boxer

Boxer Well-Known Member

MOO women who report often get killed. So not reporting isn't that puzzling.
    If he was a normal man the arranged marriage might have worked out. It might be purely immigration, but also it could be a traditional arranged marriage which starts as an alliance, probably both.

dixiegirl1035, LeeAnnB, 1987 and 8 others like this.
  9. GoBuckeyes

The 4th Amendment protects U.S. citizens against illegal search and seizure. The Supreme Court of the United States ruled in June of 2018, that this protection covers cell phone location and other data. However, a search warrant signed by a judge allows for those records and digital data covered in the warrant to be searched. There are a variety of reasons why a person might refuse a search without a warrant.

10. MsBetsy

I think you can still get divorced without the other person signing.
    You may still have to go to court, but a judge can still sign for a divorce without the signature of both parties. Imo

11. GoBuckeyes

Yes, most I know carry a backup power source 24/7. There are a variety of devices one can use.

Concerning devices, it's also possible that a signal jammer could have been used.

12. MsBetsy

Yes, the first comment I made was about her asking if he was crazy or if he was a "killer." It's not normally what one would ask before being fixed up with someone.
    I think they both had reasons to wait until after the five year statute of limitations for fraudulent marriage charges, as they both could have faced harsh penalties. Anyway, it's not really that significant considering the charges he is facing now. Imo

13. Whiteorchids

It was an iPad. I just read about it earlier today. Then he was caught using the stolen iPad on campus which is why he was banned from Utah State University in the first place.

Seriously, what an idiot

14. fackshat

fackshat Member

These "culture" comments are pretty gross and offensive. African men don't go around uncontrollably lusting over and murdering blonde white women. This is just another psychotic murderer. It has nothing to do with him being African. You hear about white American men murdering white American women all the time. This isn't any different from those cases.

Lynetta, Kasmeer, MrsM and 17 others like this.
  15. MsBetsy

Well, the portable charger my daughter uses was about $20 from Walmart. I think there are cheaper ones and more expensive ones. The first one I got only lasted about 3 charges worth. She keeps losing them so I don't buy the really expensive kind.
    I would think Kenzie had one with her since she was travelling, but I guess you never know.
    I don't know anything about signal jammers, but I'm thinking she did not turn off her phone to avoid detection. She was very open about her lifestyle, and I'm pretty sure her friends said her parents knew about it. Imo

16. GoBuckeyes

I'm not aware of an industry-wide opt-in list. (I really like your idea though!) There are numerous SOS apps; however, when activated they will send exact coordinates and a real- time video clip with audio. Most require only the press of 1 button 2Xs in quick succession. But many have a voice activated feature, too. I know they work and are very precise. As long as the person can keep activating the feature, in fact, it will continue to send updated, real-time information to anyone (usually a half dozen or so) who the user designates to receive the data.

I have accidentally activated the feature a time or three. :oops: It's not audible and doesn't alert the user when it's activated. But panicked phone calls and texts from family/friends alerted me immediately of my mistake.

It offers one more layer of protection, one additional tool. :)

Traymar, Vresia, Dontknow? and 5 others like this.
  17. MsBetsy

Yes, exactly. It's not a cultural issue. Imo

18. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

I had posted earlier about the cost for AA to come to the US and questioned who funded it. The cost to attend USU for foreign F-1 visa holders is $30,000 (2018 dollars). The applicant must provide proof of financial support, bank accounts or sponsorship. I'm curious about what AA provided as proof of support?

http://study.usu.edu/apply/Affidavit_of_Support.pdf

19. MsBetsy

I just know it was some kind of computer.
    Either way, they said he was using it to find a wife, "although he was already married." Whatever that means.

20. GoBuckeyes

I agree with you. I don't think she turned off her phone to avoid detection either.

Some ideas for portable charging...backpacks and messenger bags that have a built in charger. Your daughter would then plug in the backpack to charge the built in capacitor that stores the charge, often seen externally in the form of a memory stick.

Memory sticks that clip onto keychains, backpacks, etc.

Solar powered batteries, chargers, etc.

The prices have come down, and the technology has improved (faster charging & and charge is held longer.) But it's still never fun to lose one of them. Hope maybe 1 or more options might help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.