Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS—!!! Yes, this was my experience with the guy from Ethiopia who became obsessed with me/my life- and it spiraled horribly from there- he was a stranger- who watched me unbeknownst to me- then started making contact- leaving notes...taking my things- he was absolutely coveting !!! But he felt entitled to me- anyhow, you nailed it, we were from two different worlds- at our trial the jurors had to ask for Lysol breaks to rid the courtroom of his body stench...there seems to be a culture based mental illness that gets severely out of control- and fueled into terrifying rage and extreme violence when combined with rejection- and not always sexual, often torture- or both <shudder>

Your observation of what can culturally be a play here is spot on- and very much true in this case— I firmly believe from personal experience- jmho- I think Kenzie was the epitome of perfection to him- everything he could not have - years of rage and rejection just finally erupted- he finally snapped- seems he was a ticking time bomb- it all came out that night- imo- it was just a matter of when really- just so freaking sad -

ethereal, your experience with the Ethiopian guy sounds horrid.:eek:

BBM in your quote:
I wonder if this is what Kenzie experienced, when she possibly rejected AA's advances.
MOO.

I agree with you. I don't think she turned off her phone to avoid detection either.

Some ideas for portable charging...backpacks and messenger bags that have a built in charger. Your daughter would then plug in the backpack to charge the built in capacitor that stores the charge, often seen externally in the form of a memory stick.

Memory sticks that clip onto keychains, backpacks, etc.

Solar powered batteries, chargers, etc.

The prices have come down, and the technology has improved (faster charging & and charge is held longer.) But it's still never fun to lose one of them. Hope maybe 1 or more options might help.
Wow, thanks! There is so much available these days. Now I'm convinced Kenzie would have had something to charge her phone. Imo

One if my 1st professors in law school said obce said to our class, "He who represents himself has a fool for a client!" I guess that goes for being your own editor/publisher too!

I once joined several forums, only to realize that everyone there was an aspiring writer; I purchased some of their books, and could not finish a single one. Writing requires a certain gift; getting an audience is something very different.

To me, AJ, who believes that his experience, his life, his knowledge, his thoughts, are unique to such a degree that he wants to broadcast them, sounds unusual. To such a degree, that it is almost diagnostic.

(And he thinks he is a model, too...)

These "culture" comments are pretty gross and offensive. African men don't go around uncontrollably lusting over and murdering blonde white women. This is just another psychotic murderer. It has nothing to do with him being African. You hear about white

If anyone would have come anywhere close to implying that “African men go around uncontrollably lusting over and murdering blonde, white women.” And that white men are immune from committing atrocities, then yes, those comments would in fact be pretty gross and offensive. Especially considering the heavy, seriousness of the acts being depicted here within this thread and the lovely life lost.

Should any single person on this site have so grossly misunderstood any comments I have made to be of an absurd racial connotation, you are beyond mistaken. *fact*

Sincerely.... me, the furthest thing in the world from a white, blonde!! Geez ....sad I had to get on here to say this-

I don’t think she knew this guy well enough to power off her iPhone and wouldn’t have done so. I have an iPhone it has all kinds of privacy modes without powering it off. Why would she voluntarily want to shut down her phone? For what reason? When I online dated for a few years I NEVER powered off my phone with a man even after a few dates. If anything I wanted it ON. I’m not buying she powered it off no way. What girl alone at a park with a guy at 3am nope its ridiculous and I would bet my life she did not turn it off with a guy she barely knew. A guy might do that but not a female.

JMO
I agree.
I dont think there is any way she voluntarily turned off her phone.

She was getting back from travel and there is all sorts of reasons to keep her phone on. From just checking the time every now and then to using the phone to pass time while at the airports, etc.

The only way I can see it would be if her battery was on its way down but I agree with others that she likely had an extra battery charger or something. I dont think she would have picked that particular time to turn it off. Going to the park at that hour she would have known it was good to keep her phone on. So much in the news about LE being able to use phones to find people in trouble that she likely knew it was for her own safety to have it on.

When I first got one of the more modern smart phones, one of the first things I did was buy one of those extra battery packs that are about the size of the phone itself. If I ever need extra power I can charge my phone from the battery pack. And I have a car charger that came with the phone of course.

I also considered turning off GPS big brother on the phone but I quickly realized that I would not be able to use my driving maps. And if I ever drove off into a ditch and needed help there would be no way anyone could find me so I scrapped that idea of turning off GPS location services. The map feature alone is enough to keep GPS turned on.

I think the odds are pretty good that he attacked her and took her phone from her and shut it off or smashed it.

I've seen some posts in the previous thread referring to ML's phone ceasing communications within a minute of arriving at Hatch Park. Based on what I've read so far, I don't think this is correct.

I'm searching for a timeline at the moment because of some other discrepancy that occurred to me (working my way through the media and timeline thread) and I noted the Lyft ride dropped her at the park at 2.50 am. : Mackenzie “Kenzie” Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June, 2019 Media, Maps, Timeline, *NO DISCUSSION*

The phone information released was -

“Investigations of both the arrested persons and Mackenzie’s phone records show the location of their phones to be at Hatch Park within less than a minute of each other,” Brown said. “This was the same time as Mackenzie’s phone stopped receiving any data or location services on June 17 at approximately 3 a.m.”

Body Of Missing El Segundo Woman Mackenzie Lueck Found In Utah Canyon

What this means is his phone pinged at the park less than a minute either side of ML's last phone ping - not that ML's phone last pinged a minute after her arrival there. Unless I'm missing some other information about a more precise time of arrival at the park.

If it took ML a minute or so to get out of the Lyft with her luggage and transfer to AA's car, I wonder if it means they stayed in the car park for about 8-9 minutes. Brown does say "approximately 3 am", so that could mean give or take several minutes.

IMO

Good points.

From a logical standpoint I am guessing the Lyft driver had driven away from the park first which left her there at the park with the perp.

Because all the lyft driver had to do was let her out of the car, get paid by her, and let her grab her luggage.

The Lyft driver probably pulled away as she was getting in the other car. So once the Lyft driver pulled away then the perp had her alone and he may have attacked and subdued her before even leaving the park. Maybe not kill her there but incapacitate her in some way where it made it easy for him to control her as he drove away.

Good points.

From a logical standpoint I am guessing the Lyft driver had driven away from the park first which left her there at the park with the perp.

Because all the lyft driver had to do was let her out of the car, get paid by her, and let her grab her luggage.

The Lyft driver probably pulled away as she was getting in the other car. So once the Lyft driver pulled away then the perp had her alone and he may have attacked and subdued her before even leaving the park. Maybe not kill her there but incapacitate her in some way where it made it easy for him to control her as he drove away.
Sorry Hatfield you must have posted this just as I was deleting my post. I read further into the timeline thread and see that ML's time of arrival at the park was clarified to be 2.59 am, even though early reports said 2.50 am.

Yes i know from growing up in Africa it would be a status symbol having a white blonde woman, something to covet!. Not western ideology but African yes!.

I am not sure I get the thinking here. He did not take her and show her off as a status symbol, in fact he avoided most likely anyone even knowing they met up. Something to covet? If he wants to be seen with a white blonde as a status symbol, he would pick her up at the airport and be seen with her no? Parade her around on his arm? He did not even want her seen at his house apparently from the way it looks.

I get the covet the white blonde woman status thing. I do not get how in any way, shape or form it applies here or that this was a status thing because again, it is like he did NOT want to be seen with her.

Although I guess it could have been her that did not want to be seen with him...

Jmo.

Not convinced was sexually motivated. More coveting!. I grew up in Zimbabwe, Rhodesia. African men so wanted white women which at the time was outwith their reach. Times change but culture and thoughts dont. Kenzie was so outwith his league!.

"ethereal*22, post: 15219693, member: 247554”]
(Respectfully snipped for emphasis)
Your observation of what can culturally be a play here is spot on- and very much true in this case— I firmly believe from personal experience- jmho- I think Kenzie was the epitome of perfection to him- everything he could not have - years of rage and rejection just finally erupted- he finally snapped- seems he was a ticking time bomb- it all came out that night- imo- it was just a matter of when really- just so freaking sad -

Thanks for posting your insights. I agree that his cultural background could be very significant here. The value system he was brought up in combined with mental illness and other things, could have led to his choosing Mackenzie as his victim.

Last edited:
I highly doubt it both my boys mid late twenties never power off their phones. I’m sure AA demanded she power it off or he grabbed it and turned them both off. Why not just turn sound off, silent mode or do not disturb mode? Why power off the phone unless you don’t want to be tracked. Her being a young pretty single woman why would she care if GPS on? Actually I think being a female she would leave gps on. JMO

Ita!

If she didnt want to be disturbed she had many other options rather than completely turning her phone off.

I have said many times before, and will say it again because it continues to apply in every murder case.

The phone evidence will become part of the trial front, and center as the timeline is laid out by the state.

Imo, once all the evidence is entered step by step the jury will NOT believe KLs phone being turned off at the time was merely just a coincidence, and she willingly did it herself. Imo.

I do not believe in coincidences in any murder case. This one is no different.

Everything done had an intended purpose by the murderer.

Imo, she was forced by her perpetrator to turn her phone off just like many other murderers have made their victims do the very same thing.

He wanted to make sure her phone wouldn't be on so it could be tracked to his home.

Imo, KL had no choice in the matter just like she didn't have any choice with anything else that happened to her once she stepped foot into the killer's vehicle.

Imo, immediately AAs premeditated plan had begun the minute he had her trapped inside of his vehicle knowing no one was around that could help her.

AA had her right where he wanted her. Alone, trapped with him only, and with no way to access her phone where she could seek help of any kind.

Jmho

Last edited:
She very well may have shut her phone off, for one reason or another.

If privacy was a concern, that would require a single swipe on her iPhone though.

The ability of anyone to track her through “find my iPhone” or some other app, would have been disabled.

Personally I think he disabled the phone. However, it’s not as easy as you think to suddenly turn off your location tracking, especially if you use Apple’s Find My Friends. If you turn off location sharing, your friends get a notification that you’ve stopped sharing. The easiest way around this is turning off your phone.

Regarding the delay in charging the suspect--assuming he used his multiple cameras in his house for webcamming *advertiser censored* on sites like Chaturbate and Torbrowser dark web sites, it is possible that the FBI is busy with drive hacking any and all users that viewed his live up feeds, since he might have also been trafficking the women he filmed. I also think it is possible he didn't initially pick up ML with the intention of killing her...she could have gone to his housing willingly but when confronted with the live webcamming and the suspect's offer to pimp her, she wanted no part of it. Her refusal could have resulted in the suspect thinking she was going to be a threat to his source of illegal income by reporting him to the authorities. This theory takes him out of the boogeyman category, and places him in the ruthless and calculated group of thugs where violent gang members reside.

These "culture" comments are pretty gross and offensive. African men don't go around uncontrollably lusting over and murdering blonde white women. This is just another psychotic murderer. It has nothing to do with him being African. You hear about white American men murdering white American women all the time. This isn't any different from those cases.

FWIW, those comments came from an African man sharing his own experiences. I would otherwise find them offensive, but for me that changes things.

I am not sure I get the thinking here. He did not take her and show her off as a status symbol, in fact he avoided most likely anyone even knowing they met up. Something to covet? If he wants to be seen with a white blonde as a status symbol, he would pick her up at the airport and be seen with her no? Parade her around on his arm? He did not even want her seen at his house apparently from the way it looks.

I get the covet the white blonde woman status thing. I do not get how in any way, shape or form it applies here or that this was a status thing because again, it is like he did NOT want to be seen with her.

Although I guess it could have been her that did not want to be seen with him...

Jmo.
To my mind, it fits and it doesn't necessarily apply to the night of the murder.

It fits with fantasy turned to obsession, with one additional ingredient - rejection.

I think it's possible rejection led to rage, leading to a plan to exact revenge, due to obsession, and to kill her.

That's why I think she had met him before in a date setting, for this to have involved a rejection. How he came to have her phone number. Why her phone was disabled quickly because the situation didn't develop that night, it already existed. Perhaps she wasn't able to be as direct with him as she needed to be - he as a predator would recognize her 'weaknesses' and possibly a difficulty with saying I don't want to give you my number, and I don't want you to contact me again. Maybe he tricked her with something along the lines of 'fine, can we just be friends at least, I know you don't have time to see me this week so can we meet and talk and I'll pay for your taxi home.'

Speculation and moo.

I don't know but on my chevy a pin just falls out a couple of times in the last couple of years and pull the handle all you want but it wont open the door. works fine from outside handle, is just the inside that has had issues. I guess on some you could just pull a metal pin out and the inside not work.
yes, the little rod for inside handle can be unattached but the outside handle still works on most vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong