Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truthfully, there is very little we know in certainty about ML or AA. We know ML was the victim of a brutal crime. We know some of her online activity. We know the loving descriptions of her given by bereaved friends and family.

Suppose AA had been the victim. As a victim friendly culture, we might be hearing him described now as “smart, sweet, a little shy.” When people die tragically, we want to hear NO negatives and often those who do know them best...give us only the accolades we want to hear.

When we discuss a crime, it is always within the parameters of respect for the dead and those who grieve them. I’m not saying that’s not appropriate because it absolutely is, but LE can not solve crimes that way.

All humans are complex.

So we must acknowledge how little we know of ML and the complex and multifaceted person she was...as we all are. Our guesses are simply attempts to explain the puzzling parts of this case. Especially the strange choices of meeting place and time at the forefront.

Someone said it best a few threads ago....no matter what we eventually find out, her death is not her “fault” not in any way, shape, or form.

Amen to that.

But at some point...hopefully...there will be discussions about how we can learn something from the details that come out about this case, not to blame, shame, or pat ourselves on the back, but to “save the next girl”...who might be someone we love...or ourselves.

As to your comment of save the next girl, I believe the harringtons did speak out on this case early on.

I totally agree but it looks like some possible explanations of these strange choices are now forbidden until we get confirmation one way or another from LE. Your final sentence is key - learning.

Its good these are forbidden as its nothing more than prurient speculation.

He worked at Goldman as a contractor for an unnamed company from Sept 2017 to Aug 2018. Nothing says that he was a Dell contractor when he was at the Goldman offices.

He worked at Dell after that. I don’t believe he was even as high a level in tech support to be an onsite. IMO he mostly worked from home answering phones and reading from a script.

https://ksltv.com/417600/ayoola-ajayi-the-online-persona/

I saw that article but my recollection is that earlier articles suggested he had left Dell before his arrest.

Goldman doesn't have its own IT (or at least low level IT) in the downtown SLC offices. Those contracts tend to move between company to company so it could have been company X had the contract through ___ and then Dell took it over.

Strangely, we haven't seen any co-workers talking about him.

In any event, his home isn't super expensive but he couldn't buy it on the salary of tech support so he must have some other alternative source of cash.

In the previous thread, someone shared an article regarding the Lds singles ward directory. Single men in the singles ward call it "The Menu". I kid you not! I know this from my daughter who was a member of the singles ward for a time. She, herself, had unwanted contacts as a result of being on that list.

Of course, this could be a source of how he got KL's number since numbers aren't on dating apps. Even though it seems she wasn't particularly active in the church, I know others who still participate in singles wards activities.

And notwithstanding the goofball lawyer's comments, Utah is actually a very welcoming place for immigrants. Lots of real refugees (Somalia/Bosnia/Etc) are sponsored by the church regardless of religion.

Last edited:
Truthfully, there is very little we know in certainty about ML or AA. We know ML was the victim of a brutal crime. We know some of her online activity. We know the loving descriptions of her given by bereaved friends and family.

Suppose AA had been the victim. As a victim friendly culture, we might be hearing him described now as “smart, sweet, a little shy.” When people die tragically, we want to hear NO negatives and often those who do know them best...give us only the accolades we want to hear.

When we discuss a crime, it is always within the parameters of respect for the dead and those who grieve them. I’m not saying that’s not appropriate because it absolutely is, but LE can not solve crimes that way.

All humans are complex.

So we must acknowledge how little we know of ML and the complex and multifaceted person she was...as we all are. Our guesses are simply attempts to explain the puzzling parts of this case. Especially the strange choices of meeting place and time at the forefront.

Someone said it best a few threads ago....no matter what we eventually find out, her death is not her “fault” not in any way, shape, or form.

Amen to that.

But at some point...hopefully...there will be discussions about how we can learn something from the details that come out about this case, not to blame, shame, or pat ourselves on the back, but to “save the next girl”...who might be someone we love...or ourselves.

Exceptional post. Imo.

All humans are complex.

Amen to that.

Excellent post. Thank you!

Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone. I'm hoping to see a toned down discussion on this new thread.

To the survivor, I'm so sorry you had your awful experience and continue to endure emotional pain inflicted by this monster.

Here is the latest post from the woman who was raped by the man who killed Makenzie:

This thread is closed. We will make a new one shortly and I will bring this post over to the new thread.

To the survivor. Thank you for reaching out. I pray you have support around you right now. I hope you are taking care of yourself. I’m sure Tricia shared resources with you to help you. Just in case someone needs to know, please get in touch with National Resources for Sexual Assault Survivors and their Loved Ones | RAINN They are phenomenal with resources, help and information. In most states as well there are YWCA shelters that offer free counseling and group therapy.

@Tricia—I hope it is ok to ask one question that I think would be helpful to know. Is this a different survivor than what we have heard about in the news already?

@Tricia—I hope it is ok to ask one question that I think would be helpful to know. Is this a different survivor than what we have heard about in the news already?

I believe the other public survivor was from Logan and the description here is for a woman in SLC who worked in the same building as him.

Wow thanks for sharing this it looks like he wanted himself a Mormon girl he even told construction worker he had a Mormon girlfriend in April

Days before Lueck’s murder, Ajayi asked out a woman he didn’t know via text after retrieving information through “Tools” app

In the most recent instance KSL Investigators have discovered prior to his arrest, Ajayi texted a woman he didn’t know to ask her out.

Sara Vranes is friends with that woman. Vranes says Ajayi obtained her friend’s cell phone number through a church directory app.

“It’s scary, it really is scary, and it makes me not want to trust anyone and not to use any apps or anything,” she said.

Ajayi was on the roster of the same Salt Lake-area mid-singles ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as both women. Ajayi was legally married when he joined.

Ajayi sent the text messages not even two weeks prior to Lueck’s murder.

“I was shaking when I found out, when I saw that. I knew he had asked my friend out, but I realized that it was on June 5th that that happened. It shook me and a lot of my girlfriends in the ward,” Vranes explained. “He said, ‘Hey, like, I haven’t talked to you at church. I’m just really shy. But maybe we can get to know each other and I can take you out.’ She was like, ‘No, thanks.’”

Vranes says she is relieved her friend didn’t go out with him. She believes some women feel obligated to go out on a date with a man simply because they asked.

And IMO, when he was looking for a wife, while still married, he was looking for a back up marriage. As the one marriage was going downhill so fast.

I believe the other public survivor was from Logan and the description here is for a woman in SLC who worked in the same building as him.
I’m trying not to dominate. But I am missing where it says this survivor was from SLC. The survivor we have heard about before (from 2014) was reported as working with him. IMHO “in the same building” and “working with him” could be the same thing.

Here is the latest post from the woman who was raped by the man who killed Makenzie:

This thread is closed. We will make a new one shortly and I will bring this post over to the new thread.
I feel so deeply for the survivor. I have PTSD from a brutal rape. It’s really hard, so I hope she has a strong support network with family and friends. And possibly therapy, if needed. I hope she constantly remembers it’s NOT HER FAULT. It can sometimes mess with your head and make you feel like you did something wrong. No, she did NOTHING wrong. He’s a monster; a wolf in sheep’s clothing. She’s extremely brave to open up about this. I don’t really think of her as a survivor. I think all rape victims are Warriors. We battle it daily/nightly the rest of our lives in some shape or form. Warriors. I hope she knows she’s a Warrior.

EBM: grammar...sigh

I feel so deeply for the survivor. I have PTSD from a brutal rape. It’s really hard, so I hope she has a strong support network with family and friends. And possibly therapy, if needed. I hope she constantly remembers it’s NOT HER FAULT. It can sometimes mess with your head and make you feel like you did something wrong. No, she did NOTHING wrong. He’s a monster; a wolf in sheep’s clothing. She’s extremely brave to open up about this. I don’t really think of her as a survivor. I think all rape victims are Warriors. We battle it daily/nightly the rest of our lives in some shape or form. Warriors. I hope she knows she’s a Warrior.

EBM: grammar...sigh
I’m so sorry you went through this how horrible.

I’m so sorry you went through this how horrible.
Thank you. It’s been 23yrs now. It’s still a battle. I’ve had lots of good therapy, thankfully. I didn’t tell anyone but my husband for 3yrs. I was scared and afraid. Once I started opening up, even online, it’s helped so much. Sadly, there’s soooo many rape victims: women and men. And for every one that steps forward, there’s many still struggling to open up. I feel like sharing it empowers you and helps empower others. Just like the warrior’s experience who’s came forward through Tricia, it’s truly diabolical how quickly they drop the mask and show themselves for the true heinous monsters that they are. That mask is often super convincing. I knew my attackers for 2yrs before they dropped their masks on me. It’s frightening, even to this day.

EBM: grammar

It has been quite the week for Lady Justice. Here with Kenzie with AA charged, Savannah Spurlock was found and a man arrested and hopefully more charges to come and now I just read that Andreen McDonald was found and her husband arrested and charged with murder.

It does not bring them back, nothing will but getting some news with regard to justice for the victims is good, yet also so very bittersweet.

Jmo.

More and more influencers/camgirls/long distance relationship-runners of various types want a professional setup, not a laptop camera. I would not broadcast myself even to the classroom with my laptop setup and I have a professional mic for doing audio lectures. Many, many young people want a closed set to make their online dating profile videos - not just camgirls. The meowing cat, the flushing toilet, the roommates chattering - all of that needs to be out of many videos that we make ("we" meaning people who need to make videos - which includes online daters and influencers). It's technically difficult to take all of that out post-production (no matter how hard I try at home, some noise comes into my audio that is not at the level of production values that I want - some people are okay with a trash truck sound in the middle of what they're trying to do, I'm not, many people are not).

I'm not a camgirl, btw. But it's not just camgirls who want production values for their videos. This case made me go take a look at what kinds of videos some people are putting on their dating profiles/similar profiles/youtube pages about themselves and it's definitely getting more polished and people definitely are establishing studio spaces in their own homes (be very very hard to do in the average student apartment).

The small studios/booths we have at the college where I teach are completely in use at all times (and you basically have to sign up for a class to use them - but the product is often an "introduce myself" video of much higher quality than a person could produce with their laptop, in their apartment or other home).

AA's own photos (especially that smoke one) are professionally done. His is actually quite good, IMO. I don't think he did it by himself at his house, either - I believe he had professional help. I also think he was styling himself as someone with a tech-savvy background.

I’m trying not to dominate. But I am missing where it says this survivor was from SLC. The survivor we have heard about before (from 2014) was reported as working with him. IMHO “in the same building” and “working with him” could be the same thing.
Yes, I'm thinking she is the same person but I'm sure there could be others as well.
I wonder if we will hear her story today.

I would be interested to know what his attitude was towards her afterwards. The woman from the article said when she sent him a text telling him to leave her alone he sent back a rude message.

I'm wondering if he came across as intimidating, threatening, or if she would perceive him to have a quick temper, or a tendency to lose control and act violently in a rage.

From what we have learned about him, he seems to have a controlling and dominating personality.
I can definitely see him coming off as charming and shy in the beginning, he would know that this would be appealing. But I would think it would not take much for him to show his true colors, since he could get angry and act out over a piece of furniture being moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge