Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #19 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man who authorities say killed a Utah college student this summer was charged Tuesday with sexual abuse and kidnapping of another woman in 2018.

Ayoola Ajayi, 31, is accused of sexually assaulting a woman he met on a dating app in March 2018 at his house. Prosecutors say they learned about the crime as part of an ongoing investigation of Ajayi.

The woman reported the crime to police after Ajayi was charged in June with murder and kidnapping in the death of 23-year-old Mackenzie Lueck, said Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill. He declined to say if police have heard from other alleged victims, but said the investigation remains open.
Suspect in Utah student’s death charged in 2018 assault

The man charged with killing and kidnapping MacKenzie Lueck has been charged with kidnapping and sexually abusing a second woman in 2018, court documents reveal.

Aggravated kidnapping and three counts of forcible sexual abuse charges were filed against Ayoola Ajayi in the Third District Court Tuesday.

<modsnip: snipped due to copyright violation; no more than 10% of an article can be copied>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but Kenzie will forever be a hero more-so than a victim in my mind. I have zero doubt she saved countless other women and children from this monster. I wish to god she didn’t have to give her life for it, but I don’t think we can comprehend how many more people this piece of ##### would’ve victimized.

Yes, but Kenzie will forever be a hero more-so than a victim in my mind. I have zero doubt she saved countless other women and children from this monster. I wish to god she didn’t have to give her life for it, but I don’t think we can comprehend how many more people this piece of ##### would’ve victimized.
It is highly possible that KL discovered something, was about to inform on it, and that made her dangerous to this *advertiser censored*. Logically speaking it does make sense but I guess we just have to wait and see.

It is highly possible that KL discovered something, was about to inform on it, and that made her dangerous to this *advertiser censored*. Logically speaking it does make sense but I guess we just have to wait and see.
I can't imagine that she would make any noise about informing on him while isolated in his home. She may have realized (too late) what he's about, but I doubt there was any time or room for her to discover anything but her own danger.

I often think about this but if I may make a suggestion: You will drive yourself up the wall if you think in a "what if" way about these issues. I know it is difficult as when I first began looking into serious issues long ago I would stare at the evidence and find the initial triggering event(s) and the same thing popped into my mind. I know many have different opinions on why this happens and how to remedy it but I am a firm believer in how things used to be in the older days about loosing (in these cases) men upon those who harm or mistreat women in these ways. Back in the 80s and 90s if a man/group of men ever found out about another harming women or kids then that guy who was doing it would be toast and after he was toast then the police/feds would move in and handle the legal aspects of it. Women felt much more secure in telling their Father, or brother, or guy friend or anyone because they knew that men didn't stand for that type of behavior.

I am not in anyway trying to make this any type of political statement but rather just remembering how much easier it was to stop these types of issues back in the time period when women and kids felt much safer about discussing the issues because they knew someone would immediately look into and handle the issue until the police caught up to the problem. Now that simply does not happen outside of rare instances.

Respectfully, as a child survivor of an adult predator in the '70s and then as a university student in the '80s who survived some scary moments in the company of socially dominant men on campus, on the urban US east coast, nope. Nope nope nope. Victim disbelieving and victim blaming and shaming were just as prevalent then as they are now. Women might have whispered among their most trusted girlfriends about the peers who assaulted them or were creepily aggressive on dates, but we never let our male friends know. We trusted them with many things, but still that trust had gendered limits, because we also knew how they joked around about dating behavior, how they behaved, or at least postured, when on the prowl. Becoming one of those stories of either frustration or 'conquest' would have been the social kiss of death. And telling our parents? Unthinkable. They thought we were good girls, and things like that just didn't happen to good girls.

The situation may appear more openly toxic now, because women are speaking out in increasing numbers and their abusers try to defend their own behavior by attacking the women's. But the silencing then, the pressure not to rock the boat or let anyone know damaging things had been done to you by social peers or authority figures, the internalizing by women of the need to self-police and self-blame instead of understanding that forced intimacy is assault and assault is always a crime, was absolutely suffocating.

JMO

AUG 20, 2019
Suspect in slaying of Utah student MacKenzie Lueck charged with kidnapping, sexually abusing another woman
The man accused of killing MacKenzie Lueck, a 23-year-old University of Utah student, has been charged with four new felony counts of kidnapping and sexually abusing another woman in March 2018.

[...]

When the woman tried to get away, Ajayi allegedly pinned her down and bit her at least three times, “causing her significant pain, and left bruising and bite marks," the charges said. He is now facing a first-degree felony charge of aggravated kidnapping and three counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said the woman came to law enforcement with these allegations after Lueck’s death. He declined to elaborate on the evidence prosecutors have, but added they “feel comfortable" with the decision to charge Ajayi in the case.

[...]
This may be a stupid question or not relevant, but did he rape her....is that what is meant by forcible sexual abuse?

I think she was another one of his victims of sexual assault and this time he ended up murdering her.
He may have had the urge to kill for a long time and finally carried it out.
Imo

Is it mentioned anywhere how old this other new victim is?

I think the only thing missing from this guy’s resume now is cannibalism. Which wouldn’t surprise me.

(ETA: He did bite her...he is like an animal with rabies.)

It wouldn’t surprise me if he started with preying on younger, “weaker” victims, perhaps child SA/abduction. So far we know one of his M.O.s is meeting women online. I wonder if there are other “M.O.”s.

You know what is really heartbreaking? That if any of those crimes had been reported and he had been arrested for any of them, perhaps ML would still be alive today. I would hope that she did some searching of her potential SDs or dates. I know I would. But nothing would have shown up.

That is why we must enable victims to report without fear, shame, repercussions. Our voices matter. For ourselves and for others.

I can’t be victim friendly to all the numerous assault victims out there and totallly agree with this statement. But I do agree with the last part. But it needs to go further. Reporting has happened often and those in charge, judges, police, and others choose to not punish the crime. I think if the guy from Baylor as one who had no punishment! The whole system needs changed around assault. All the way down to a backlog of processed rape kits... But....

Instead of making about an assault victim let’s make it about this... what truly happened with the theft of the iPad with the school and who dropped the ball there? The school or DHS? Let’s it take back to there. Or even before then, with who investigated his sham of a marriage? Maybe way back to that?

I was just coming here to post the link to the new charges. I love that you all are so on top of things!
I am curious why the kidnapping charge and not just a rape/sexual assault charge? Makes me wonder if he held her longer even after the rape perhaps with restraints. I mean sexual assault is essentially a form of kidnapping for the moment, but I don't think we often see that charge along with a rape charge. I am just speculating why the kidnapping charge was applied here.

He absolutely has a pattern, and you can clearly see an escalation when you look back on the big picture timeline. He was always going to escalate to murder IMO.

I don’t think Kenzie was murdered because she had any incriminating information on this guy.

I think she was murdered because she told him no, or because he planned for it all along.
That is possible of course and very likely what happened. At the same time I just can't get it out of my mind that she met with him at the park that night directly after landing so I say to myself: "What would have prompted that". So let's think about this logically using our own life experience and h0w things are often done:

1) If she rejected him then why would she then later agree to meet with him at a park and especially so after a flight late at night when she would have likely been tired? I think we may eliminate this potential because on its face it just doesn't make much sense if a rejection took place. Most girls after rejecting someone would not be willing to meet with them in such a manner, they just ignore the calls/ignore the person until they think they will get the picture.

2) She saw something, heard something, or knew something which took place before her trip to CA and during the trip he was attempting to convince her it wasn't what she thought leading him to invite her to the park the "moment you land" because it is "so OMG important, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me explain this to you". She was both curious about learning more about whatever it was and also felt obligated to at least hear him out since he never showed any ruthless tendencies toward her before hand. Thus she fell right into his trap and upon arriving he captured her.

3) She made a preplanned agreement with him for some type of experience (sexual, pictures, discussing a future date, etc) during her travel period in which he likely sought out her profile, targeted her as a person he wanted/fit his fantasy mold, and the "meeting" in her mind was based on business but in his mind was a setup to lure her into his trap. This is the most highly plausible at this point in my mind given that the PD explained they had digital evidence showing communication which leads me to believe there is a high propensity that this was the lure, a business arrangement of some sort.

4) They were dating or "together" or somehow business connected on the side and he acted as a would be (excuse me if this offends anyone) "pimp" who convinced her he would keep her safe during her appointments. Or he was attempting to set this up while claiming he was wealthy, had a huge list of clients from his fraud modeling connections, and he convinced her that knowing him would bring her a lot of wealth, connections, and potentially the ability to meet Mr. Right which, honestly, is very often on a girls mind of her age range. This lure then got her into position and the rest happened.

I see three of those being plausible. <modsnip: removed content based on rumor / non MSM source>

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s something about this, the “biting”, that reminds me of another killer/case, but I can’t put my figure on it right now.

Savage animal is what he is.

How many untested rape kits are there currently in Utah I wonder...
Ted Bundy was a biter. In fact his bitemark helped lead to one of his last victims. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member