Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, looking at the flight delay, I wonder if she had plans to meet someone at a location at some point, and then they said "oh, just meet me at the park, you're late" or something like that. Far-fetched, but could help explain the weird meet up location and the Lyft. Maybe all of that was a last-minute change, or the person was in a hurry and that was a convenient "middle" to meet in?

Google Maps
There are 4 bus stops circled in red. What kind of bus is that and does it run 24/7?
To my knowledge (I live near SLC), none of the public transportation runs on Sundays, and the earliest buses start running on Monday morning is 4 or 5am. It looks like the ones in that area are weekday only, starting around 6am. (UTA link)

That's why I'm questioning if this was a SD she met. A "real" SD wouldn't want to meet in such an uncomfortable place as a parking lot in the middle of the night, imo. That's not fun, not fancy, not sugary, not sexy, not exciting, not pampering.

The location's benefit simply seems to be that is close to a highway exit/entrance ramp and likely no cameras.

I think the person she met might have been posing as a SD-type but wasn't really.

And I keep thinking, who is awake and ready to meet at 2:50am?! Musician or performer? Bartender? Someone without a job? Someone on drugs? Seriously question.

jmo

Or someone she had communicated with before who knew when her flight would be landing, and so stayed up for a pre-planned meet-up? It sounds to me like the park was her intended destination from the time her plane landed (or soon after, possibly after texting someone that her flight had arrived). To me this indicates that the meet-up was likely pre-arranged, but maybe this is just wishful thinking for when LE gets their hands on her phone records. JMO

I just don't think a young woman, after a funeral, a flight & her beloved cat at home waiting for her is anxious to go meet up with someone at a park 2-3 am......UNLESS she is emotionally invested in this person....JMO
(or possibly offered a huge amount of $$ to do so, quite possible too)
Point being: I'm leaning toward an affair - an affair with someone who's circle runs with hers, so to speak: why they must be so cautious...& either an apartment or hotel is near Hatch Park that they use
JMO!!!

Great point.

Was she emotionally vested in this person??

Perhaps this is an affair...

And perhaps someone didn’t want that affair getting out.

Not a thing about either. Well, except that her luggage hasn't been located. MOO

That's really concerning. How do they expect to locate her luggage if they don't release a description of it? What if she was abducted and her luggage thrown in a ditch or a dumpster? When the basics such as what the person was last seen wearing or a description of signifcant items they last had with them are not given it sends off alarm bells to me. Makes me think that foul play has been suspected from the start. MOO.

David Begnaud on Twitter

BREAKING: Salt Lake City police will hold a news conference shorty to announce that missing college student #MacKenzieLueck was last seen at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City getting into a vehicle at 2:50am. She put her bag in the car & appeared to be happy to see the driver.

That's why I'm questioning if this was a SD she met. A "real" SD wouldn't want to meet in such an uncomfortable place as a parking lot in the middle of the night, imo. That's not fun, not fancy, not sugary, not sexy, not exciting, not pampering.

The location's benefit simply seems to be that is close to a highway exit/entrance ramp and likely no cameras.

I think the person she met might have been posing as a SD-type but wasn't really.

And I keep thinking, who is awake and ready to meet at 2:50am?! Musician or performer? Bartender? Someone without a job? Someone on drugs? Seriously question.

jmo

I like this:

“That's why I'm questioning if this was a SD she met. A "real" SD wouldn't want to meet in such an uncomfortable place as a parking lot in the middle of the night, imo. That's not fun, not fancy, not sugary, not sexy, not exciting, not pampering.”

Google Maps

What is the building with a yellow star? It looks like a small business with a parking area facing the park.

There are 4 bus stops circled in red. What kind of bus is that and does it run 24/7?

That building is the townhomes I am referencing in an above post. The person asking what the homes were seen in the second picture. That is them, there is a parking lot the residents of those park in behind it, then a white fence, then the second parking lot for the park. Also there are no houses directly to the east from the park anymore. Those have been demolished and there is a strip mall/new condos being built that are currently under construction.

David Begnaud on Twitter

BREAKING: Salt Lake City police will hold a news conference shorty to announce that missing college student #MacKenzieLueck was last seen at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake City getting into a vehicle at 2:50am. She put her bag in the car & appeared to be happy to see the driver.
that means they have the car on video?

David Begnaud on Twitter

Alright, now we’re getting somewhere.

She very well may have had contact with this person before, and this wasn’t a first time thing.

If that’s the case, it would be slightly encouraging.

Doesn’t rule out foul play though.

That building is the townhomes I am referencing in an above post. The person asking what the homes were seen in the second picture. That is them, there is a parking lot the residents of those park in behind it, then a white fence, then the second parking lot for the park.

What a benefit to have you here!

David Begnaud on Twitter

A description of the car would be really helpful at this point.

David Begnaud on Twitter

Boy everyone here is basically ahead of LE on their thoughts of what could have happened.

Whoa this is interesting:

David Begnaud on Twitter

This information was given to police by a Lyft driver who took Mackenzie from the Salt Lake City international Airport to the park. The Lyft driver is the one who described the interaction between Mackenzie and the unidentified individual as pleasant & happy to see each other

Whoa this is interesting:

David Begnaud on Twitter

This information was given to police by a Lyft driver who took Mackenzie from the Salt Lake City international Airport to the park. The Lyft driver is the one who described the interaction between Mackenzie and the unidentified individual as pleasant & happy to see each other

That is definitely interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members