Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are giving this person a chance to come forward and tell their side of the story before their life gets blown up.

I dunno, a woman could be in danger and the more time that goes by the more chance of evidence being compromised. I think if they have an idea who it is they’d go right in, moo.

If she landed at 1am how did it take that long to get to the park? What did she do in between those times???

Here’s the timeline, courtesy of the Salt Lake Tribune:

Doubt gave this timeline of Lueck’s activities on June 17: Her plane from California landed at 1:35 a.m., and she texted her mother at 2:01 a.m. She caught a Lyft at 2:42 a.m., riding to Hatch Park, arriving at 2:59 a.m. There she met someone in a vehicle.

I listened again, and beginning at about the 12-minute mark there's kind of an odd exchange but it's clear that the Lyft driver understood the unknown person to be ML's ride.

Reporter: Can you say, did the Lyft driver watch her get into the car, or make contact with the person or did she just say, "Oh, that's my ride."

AC Doubt: They did make contact.

Reporter: With the person in the car?

AC Doubt: Yes.

Reporter: And then they see him get in the car and drive off?

AC Doubt: I'm not sure if they actually got in the car or not.

Yep!!! I forgot about that for a minute but noted that as well during the PC...

What’s up with that?!

ETA:
Possibly suspicious, moo, but they’re saying the driver is not a suspect. Or so they say.

Here’s the timeline, courtesy of the Salt Lake Tribune:

Doubt gave this timeline of Lueck’s activities on June 17: Her plane from California landed at 1:35 a.m., and she texted her mother at 2:01 a.m. She caught a Lyft at 2:42 a.m., riding to Hatch Park, arriving at 2:59 a.m. There she met someone in a vehicle.

Apologies if already mentioned, but did she make any other phone calls between 2:01 am and calling the lift?
Wonder if she had a second phone..

doctors work all kinds of crazy shifts, no? The professions sorta match, same circles, etc. Just brainstorming... so many posts

I could list dozens of medical professional titles that work crazy hours, odd shifts, take call, get downsized. It isn't isolated to a physician by any means.

I think anyone anticipating Kenzie's arrival (for whatever reason) would be willing to meet her at any given time that worked for their schedule and availability. She sounds pretty busy between school, work, side gigs, life. MOO

Edit for typo

Last edited:
I listened again, and beginning at about the 12-minute mark there's kind of an odd exchange but it's clear that the Lyft driver understood the unknown person to be ML's ride.

Reporter: Can you say, did the Lyft driver watch her get into the car, or make contact with the person or did she just say, "Oh, that's my ride."

AC Doubt: They did make contact.

Reporter: With the person in the car?

AC Doubt: Yes.

Reporter: And then they see him get in the car and drive off?

AC Doubt: I'm not sure if they actually got in the car or not.
So the question is... who is "they"? They, as in the driver made contact with the person? They, as in the driver and ML? They, as in the mysterious driver and ML?

Yep!!! I forgot about that for a minute but noted that as well during the Pc.

What’s up with that?

Don’t forget, the assistant chief isn’t the one doing the investigation. He’s getting his information from the detectives who are.

I’m sure that there are some gaps in his knowledge and things he doesn’t want to reveal.

Didn’t some of you say there was an old refinery or something of that nature in NSLC? Maybe that should be searched.

The west side off the highway is very industrial, at least three refineries, a huge FedEx plant, lots of truck driving companies and places, however east side is pretty residential. Not old refineries though, very much up and running and staffed 24/7. It's actually really hard to get onto their property and they are patrolled by guards. I don't think it's likely.

Given that she's from El Segundo, there's also a possibility she could've flown out of Long Beach because that's roughly equidistant to LAX. I have family in Manhattan Beach (one town over) and that is where they usually fly out of.

Literally, El Segundo is right next door to LAX, like 5 minutes. Nobody from ES would to go LB to fly out.

So the question is... who is "they"? They, as in the driver made contact with the person? They, as in the driver and ML? They, as in the mysterious driver and ML?

I was also confused by the use of "they", and had to rewatch that segment several times. I believe "they" refers to ML and the meet-up person. MOO

Apologies if already mentioned, but did she make any other phone calls between 2:01 am and calling the lift?
Wonder if she had a second phone..

Not that we know of. Just another thing that law enforcement is being tight lipped about.

It’s also possible that they don’t have access to her phone records yet.

Don’t forget, the assistant chief isn’t the one doing the investigation. He’s getting his information from the detectives who are.

I’m sure that there are some gaps in his knowledge and things he doesn’t want to reveal.

I hear ya, and good thought, but it seems to be a very important aspect, I wouldn’t think that would be something that there would be a lack of clarity about, even if he is getting this info from detectives? Either he saw her get in the car or he didn’t, moo.

Maybe it is what you said though.

So I presume LE has to consider this so far a consensual meeting and as of yet, no crime appears to have been committed.

Other than neglecting her cat.

How long will they let this go on for without any contact from her or her friend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam