Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Well-Known Member

It definitely sounds to me like she had a meet-up scheduled for 3am at the park. IMO she didn't leave the airport until when she did, because she timed it to get there exactly when she did, 2:59am.

I'm not sure any thing nefarious happened at the airport. She probably freshened up, maybe had something to eat or drink, check SM and then, oh look, time to get my Lyft.

HayLouise, Traymar, 8paws and 21 others like this.
  2. OldCop

OldCop Well-Known Member

Can you tell us the first day that you noticed more police activity in the area? I’m wondering if LE went up there as soon as they learned where the Lyft driver dropped her. They may have wanted to look around before word got out and the place was trampled by looky loos. They could look for her, her luggage/purse, evidence of a struggle, and cctv cameras. Also, did they canvas your apartment building?
    A lot depends on what the Lyft driver saw or said he saw when ML got out of the car. Was someone waiting there when they pulled up? On foot? In a vehicle? Did she walk off? Into the park? Out of the park? There’s been no description of a person she met or a car she might have approached.
    So much may depend on the Lyft driver’s observations. However, it was late, he had more fares waiting, he may have been tired. He may not have paid one bit of attention to what ML did when she got out of his car. He may simply have driven off without giving her another thought.

3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

That's why I called it kind of an odd exchange. The gist is, IMO, that ML knew the person in the vehicle and that he was there to pick her up. MOO

cass523, 8paws, Gardener1850 and 8 others like this.
  4. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

I sure hope they
    He said not a suspect at this time. How many times have we heard that.

ilovechili, Tarika, Peppery and 2 others like this.
  5. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

JMO this started out voluntarily and may have gone side-ways and ML can't contact anyone right now.
    How I wish she is just missing on her own accord, taking a break, but it is certainly so concerning.
    Especially missing the flight this past Sunday.
    Chi
    ETA anyone can suffer a mental break at any time, but it seems apparent that ML knew where she was going and who she "thought" she was meeting, if not actually knowing this person. :(

cass523, 8paws, AnnaGrace and 10 others like this.
  6. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I'm the OP of the drug question - and I don't think she was at the parking lot to buy. Instead, I'm wondering if she and the meetup did drugs together and perhaps she OD'd. I wondered if that sounded possible....but seems like it's not something anyone she knows would expect of her. Still could've happened, but so could have a number of other things. We don't know.

jmo

7. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Go to the bathroom, freshen up, retrieve luggage, takes time to walk through, maybe get a coffee???

At the PC they asked if they had surveillance of her in the airport and they did but they won’t reveal that footage as of now.

ClaireNC, cody22, chihuahua and 2 others like this.
  8. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I'm guessing that once the driver knew, in fact, that the unknown male was Kenzie's ride and (ie: someone known to her), he drove off before actually seeing them get in the car. MOO

Traymar, cass523, AnnaGrace and 12 others like this.
  9. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

So if the car left via the highway, it should be on video, right?

Fingers crossed that is the case.

jmo

10. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

They’re not trying to let this go on any longer than they have to.

The answers almost certainly lie within her social media and phone data, but they haven’t yet (that we know of), been able to get search warrants for these things.

Once they get that information, I expect things to really start moving.

cass523, 8paws, AnnaGrace and 23 others like this.
  11. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Sometimes it takes a while for a Lyft or Uber to arrive as well.

She could have potentially waited several minutes.

12. Wagtales10

Wagtales10 2024

Is she Morman?

13. sweetcandyapple

sweetcandyapple Well-Known Member

I didn't notice anything going on there until this morning, there were several Salt Lake City police cars and what looked like several unmarked police cars as well. They were canvasing the area, talking to people at the park, as well as I know they went directly across the street and asked people in the apartment complex. I'm sure they did a canvas of the park, but I didn't see anyone there until this morning and they had come and gone within a matter of two hours. Of course it's possibly they did before this morning, but I am under the impression they believe she simply met someone there and they drove away. She probably wasn't there more than five minutes IMO. They really don't seem to be focusing on the park much at all, TBH.

14. TB12THEGOAT

TB12THEGOAT Member

[​IMG]

additionally, does anybody know what #callyourdaddy is? She has that posted on her instagram page. Thanks

15. TB12THEGOAT

TB12THEGOAT Member

yes

16. Herat

Herat Well-Known Member

She had just returned from an LDS funeral for her grandmother in California and had briefly been on an LDS dating site, so I would say YES

8paws, Tarika, PommyMommy and 5 others like this.
  17. OldCop

OldCop Well-Known Member

Thank you @sweetcandyapple

18. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

Just a random thought from me, I don't think ML is a drug user since there's been no indication of that. And even if someone is, they still matter.
    The point is, she knew she was meeting someone at that park.
    It was pre-arranged.
    She may have met this person before or never.
    And it is always a sad possibility that when one goes in a vehicle with another, they can be drugged without their knowledge.
    As in a drink, etc.
    I don't even want to think of that possibility.
    MacKenzie please call SLCPD or a friend or your family.
    No one is going to judge you because everyone has made a bad judgement call before.
    If anyone reading here knows where she is, do the right thing and phone it in. You can remain anonymous.
    JMO and hoping ML comes back asap
    Chi

19. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Why did she wait so long to text her mom I wonder...

AnnaGrace, PommyMommy, Kapua and 3 others like this.
  20. Bugurl747

Bugurl747 Well-Known Member

One would think if Kenzie was familiar with the person, she would immediately hop into the car.

Because this wasn't said, it leads me to believe this may be a first time encounter...

MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.