Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

Kenzie was casually dating so she wasn't afraid to meet up with "strangers" I guess you could call them off of dating apps/sites but that is pretty common for college kids and not at all out of the ordinary. But I doubt she would be willing to meet someone she didn't know at that hour of the evening. It does make me lean toward she already knows this person or thought she did.

2. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

HI! New member here :)

I just tried to catch up on all 3 threads and what has been discussed, but I did skip some pages so forgive me if this has been said already.

My thoughts on the drop-off location...

Meeting in a park at 3 am is strange for several reasons. ML went from one ride to another. What was the reason the car that picked her up at the park couldn't drive to the airport to get her? Meeting in a dark park that early is a weird place to meet up regardless of whether you know the person or not, but maybe there are reasonable explanations for the odd drop off location. I will make the assumption the person knew ML was getting a ride from somewhere else and therefore knew that there would be a witness that would see them picking ML up so that makes me think that if they had bad intentions to start, they would not want a witness seeing ML getting into there car. Also, the fact of the signs stating the park is under video surveillance whether they worked or not. I just think if this unknown person had bad intentions from the start picking ML up that would have thought more about video cameras at the park and the witness of the LYFT driver. That could mean that whatever happened after or was said between them after ML got into the car is what potentially made this go south. I know others have speculated that she could have been pregnant or other theories which would make sense that this park pick up didn't start out nefarious but potentially turned that way after due to circumstances.

I am hoping for some updates today!

cedgison, AnnaGrace, cody22 and 11 others like this.
  3. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

Yeah, we don't really know what the driver saw yet, except ML meeting someone she seemed happy to see, making contact with this person, and transferring her bag from Lyft to person's car. We haven't received a description of the person or the car yet - doesn't mean LE doesn't have that info, just not releasing it. Just like they didn't release the park location for days, have never released a description of her luggage.

4. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

I think this one is what I posted last night.
    upload_2019-6-25_9-29-22.png

AnnaGrace, sassyblue, Beanpot and 5 others like this.
  5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I think most traffic cameras are still real time only. And poor quality I'm hoping for recording ones with good quality footage..

6. ardean

ardean Well-Known Member

The Gated Community or even a gated office building is an excellent plausible theory.

7. SoCalGirl

SoCalGirl Well-Known Member

I agree with this. The person who picked her up wasn't initially trying to hide, maybe keep a low profile, but not hide.

8. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

I also checked last night, there were not any cameras I could see at the nearest major light/intersection next to Hatch Park. So I'm hoping they were potentially able to get them somewhere down the line based on where they went.

9. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

The person she met could have been on break from their shift work and there wasn't time for a more formal meeting location. jmo

10. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Have to admit, my overall hunch is that ML was lured into something that was beyond what she would agree to - that the unknown person had nefarious intentions from the start. My hunch is that a tragic accident didn't happen, but a purposeful, harmful act.

I'm considering other options, too, but I'm thinking she was noticed by a stranger online and lured. If this were someone she knew, I don't think that person would harm her but would want to keep an arrangement with this beautiful young woman going. A stranger would be more willing to use her once, for something specific. Total speculation.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more. I could be way off base.

11. DoABarrelRoll

DoABarrelRoll #JusticeForKyron

TYVM! So, it appears that each location (airport, park, ML’s home) are all about 20-something minutes from each other, and the Park is basically NNW (north northwest) directionally from her home.

I would theorize that whoever she was meeting potentially lived even further north of Hatch Park, and the Park was perhaps a halfway point between ML’s home and the meet-up person’s home. MOO

sassyblue, MsBetsy, bluenoser and 2 others like this.
  12. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I've been looking at the area online on google maps and there are possibilities of cameras around. You didn't see any though, in person?

jmo

bluenoser, chihuahua and yellowmoose like this.
  13. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

crhedBngr, Alcina, AnnaGrace and 19 others like this.
  14. Jcscham

Jcscham Well-Known Member

KJZZ14 News just did a story on their broadcast that SLCPD has surveillance video of ML and to expect a update on the case later this morning or early afternoon.

15. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

Sorry she's still missing @yellowmoose.
    So hoping today's the day.
    Each day that passes worries us more.
    I keep hope until there's definitive proof to the contrary.
    MacKenzie if you can see this please let someone know you're ok.
    And if you come back, they'll be no right to judge you.
    Chi

16. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

Good morning!
    Unfortunately, I think the person she met at the park is responsible for her disappearance. They lured her there with evil intent. It’s possible that she is being held captive, but I fear worse. Less likely, but slightly possible in my mind: this is drug related or suicide.

Some other random thoughts: All My Opinion Only.
    -Her social media presence and comments from friends make her appear to be more together and worldly than she actually is. In reality, she is young and rather naive.
    -She appears to have a lot of acquaintances, but does anyone really know her? Does she have that one person that knows her completely? That she shares everything with?
    -I don’t think friends are covering for her in any way.
    -The “she likes to date older men” is recent, (past few months) something she is exploring since the breakup with her boyfriend of a year. He does not appear to be that much “older”.
    -Her phone records should give investigators a lot of info they need, but there is a strong possibility that she also had a burner phone that no one knows about.
    -Law enforcement knows a lot more than they are letting on, and are careful with every word they use when speaking to the public. Their pleas to Kenzie to contact them, are just a ploy to put the perpetrator at ease.
    -I wonder if there is something in her past, something emotional, that makes her particularly vulnerable.
    -The Lyft driver did not have anything to do with her disappearance.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  17. chihuahua

chihuahua Well-Known Member

Good.
    I expected big developments today.
    Thanks,
    Chi

18. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

A reporter asked in yesterday's press conference if there were any prior police reports (a commonly asked question in missing person cases) and AC Doubt didn't know. IIRC, he said he'd find out. That's it, that's all... :)
    AC Doubt explained in the press conference yesterday that they want to confirm the vehicle description before releasing it.

I encourage anyone who hasn't watched the press conference to do so. It's only about 10 minutes long.

Welcome to Websleuths, @PixieStix! :)

19. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

There is an interesting Like on her FB page for a page that did what sounds like parties for Eyes Wide Shut situations. Not sure if I'm allowed to link that page here, but I thought I would point it out. Maybe she was going to that type of party and things got out of hand.

20. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I totally agree with this! Someone mentioned a bartender or bouncer - 3am is pretty specific, especially since she spent a good deal of time at the airport before scheduling her Lyft. She wore leggings and a t-shirt, which to me signifies a level of comfort with whoever she was meeting. On the other hand, LE didn’t elaborate on whether or not the person she met actually got out of his/her car to help ML with her bag(s) and greet/hug her. If he/she didn’t, I feel like that maybe means they were acquainted but not close. I hope they release more information about the driver and his/her car very soon. This is all just moo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.