Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by liltexans, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

I was looking at the light closest to Hatch specifically and there were none at that intersection that I could see. I am going to grab coffee this morning so I will look at other lights in the area to see if there any others potentially in that same area. There is also construction going on directly next to Hatch park, so maybe they've got cameras somewhere to monitor their work. Not sure if any are pointed the direction of Hatch however. Just another thought I had.

2. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

This is good news. I don't think the would give another update so soon unless there were actual developments or a specific question they have for the public.

Let's hope it is REALLY good news.

jmo

Blue Ridge, kimpage, cass523 and 14 others like this.
  3. ardean

ardean Well-Known Member

I noticed her weight is now 145 and was 120 in previous places.

ClaireNC likes this.
  4. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Keep up with your coursework, too (if you're taking classes this summer). It's admirable to help a friend, but not to the determent of your own studies or work. (Yes, I am talking like a mom.)

jmo

5. angelainwi

angelainwi Certified Trauma Counselor

The politics matched between the tumbler and the FB

6. HayLouise

HayLouise Law Student

kimpage, cass523, MissMalowe and 8 others like this.
  7. yellowmoose

yellowmoose Verified Friend of Mackenzie Lueck

I do agree with some of this. Kenzie is still very young. And there are some aspects and things that I believe she might be naive about. The thing about Kenzie is a lot of the time I think she sees things in their most positive light. Which can be dangerous, because I truly think she sees the best in people and expects the best in people. This could potentially be the case with her dating. She might not be thinking that any of the men she's dating could be potential dangers to her. But I do know Kenzie is not reckless. And the 3 a.m. meet up with a stranger seems reckless. Which is why I lean toward she at least somewhat knows this person or feels comfortable with them.

TheRaven, janewall, cedgison and 32 others like this.
  8. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Home is near Liberty Park. East of the airport.

DoABarrelRoll likes this.
  9. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Well-Known Member

Just going through this in my head this morning and trying to understand a little more. I'm going to preface this by saying I am in my late 50's and female.

I would never meet someone I had NEVER met before in a park at 3:00 am. NEVER. Even in my 20's that's just nothing something I would do for safety sake. I was never one to feel invincible.

I would meet someone I knew, had a relationship with, (even if it was on the newer side) under these "conditions". If this was a newer relationship and at this point everything is new and wonderful I most likely would be excited to meet up at that time in the morning. I would be very happy to see this person waiting for me.

Based on my own gut, I really don't think this was a meet up with someone she didn't know. Let's hope it is someone she knew and her phone and computer will be able to lead LE to whoever she was meeting.

MOO

10. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

11. Jcscham

Jcscham Well-Known Member

Yeah after I posted that I researched how long footage from those cameras is kept and think too much time may have passed already for video of that night to still be in their archives. However the local news just reported the cops do have some sort of surveillance footage of her so hopefully it leads to the driver of the vehicle that picked her up.

ChiCubs2016, SuziQ and yellowmoose like this.
  12. Rosiebones

Rosiebones Well-Known Member

It strikes me odd that the person in the waiting car didn't get out to help her move her luggage from the Lyft to their car, unless they didn't want to be seen.
    I wonder how close the Lyft car was to the waiting car, close enough to see and give a description of the driver and/or license plate?
    Wouldn't you think the Lyft driver would pull up next to or close to the waiting car, unless instructed not to, then why would she tell him not to?

13. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Why the hell are they waiting? Seems there would be some urgency to release this.

cedgison, cass523, MFH and 8 others like this.
  14. Elliot_Alderson

Elliot_Alderson Well-Known Idiot

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this right now, I can't imagine how hard it is but I do thank you for taking time of your day to post here.

Just a quick question -- is that park somewhat close to Kenzie's residence or is it a place that she frequents, even as just a recognizable midway point/meet up place? What I mean is, I used to find it confusing to give directions to my house so I would tell people to just go to the Walmart and I'd meet them and show them the way back to my house. Just wondering if anything like that was something she would potentially do.

15. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

interesting
    if she wanted the second IG to be private from family or whoever, why would she tag it in her pics?

16. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

I’m also feeling that today’s the day this case will change direction.
    Sending positive energy for her friends and family. Hoping for the best for this sweet young woman.

kimpage, cass523, Bugurl747 and 7 others like this.
  17. dancemom

dancemom Well-Known Member

Two questions that I still have...
    1) Where did Kenzie's roommates and SLC friends think that she was from Monday until she was reported missing on Thursday? (Did she not tell them her travel plans? Did she have a history of disappearing for a few days?)
    2) What was her emotional state when she left CA? (Obviously the funeral was a sad occasion. When I was her age, I found visits home and interactions with extended family to be sometimes very stressful.)

Hoping for some updates today.

18. Karebear20

Karebear20 Well-Known Member

SLC international. Park is 10 northeast of airport. ML lived almost directly east of airport. Park was entirely out of her way. Someone posted a map earlier with the three locations marked

19. Calamityjynx82

Calamityjynx82 Member

Hi guys, I'm fairly new to WS and have been following these threads.

The first thing that comes to mind is that if she has a test the next day, maybe she met up with someone/some people that were going to have an all nighter study session. Possibly even give her back study materials/books or even give her a more streamlined list of study questions since she has such limited study time herself, having returned from dealing with a tragic loss. Makes me wonder if LE are questioning classmates. Forgive me if this theory has already been visited.

I hope they find this poor girl.

20. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

She didn't spend that much time at the airport. Allowing for the plane setting up at the gate, deplaining, going to the bathroom, getting her bags, and requesting lift and waiting for pick up. Her arrival at Hatch park is just about right.

I think the meeting time is more about what time her plane landed than anything else.

21. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

cass523, ChiCubs2016, oviedo and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.