Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more scenario. I imagine they (LE) know this from airport security IF it happened.

Could she have met someone on this flight? They talked after, wanted to continue talking but he was with others on the flight and therefore connected after?

Do any of her friends know if this park has any significance to her? Been there on a date before?

Also, when was she supposed to take her exams? I’m still confused on this.
Apparently she missed her exams.

A lot of the speculation on the potential involvement of the Lyft driver is really farfetched and a little absurd.

The Lyft driver is not a suspect and it would be super easy to prove EXACTLY where the driver was with his phone if he/she had ANY other rides after Kenzie that evening. Ride-share apps are not dangerous. If they checked his Lyft account and he was live on Lyft for Kenzie's shift and signed off, then he would obviously be a suspect. The police could prove in moments just by looking at his Lyft app if this was the case and if he did indeed continue giving rides. Additionally, if the destination was changed by the passenger, Lyft would have a record of that in the drivers app.

Hi sorry just getting back caught up and seeing this! I actually don’t recall what she drives when we interacted in college it was on campus and we typically didn’t travel via car. I do vaguely remember but I don’t want to throw something out there if it’s not what I’m thinking of.

Sorry ETA minor edits I was doing voice to text while working.
Does she live close enough to campus to walk to classes? How far is she from where her classes/work are?

jmo

Hi sorry just getting back caught up and seeing this! I actually don’t recall what she drives when we interacted in college it was on campus and we typically didn’t travel via car. I do vaguely remember but I don’t want to throw something out there if it’s not what I’m thinking of.

Sorry ETA minor edits I was doing voice to text while working.

Do you think there's GPS on her car, is it new enough to have that?

One more scenario. I imagine they (LE) know this from airport security IF it happened.

Could she have met someone on this flight? They talked after, wanted to continue talking but he was with others on the flight and therefore connected after?

Do any of her friends know if this park has any significance to her? Been there on a date before?

Also, when was she supposed to take her exams? I’m still confused on this.

I’m not a fan of the idea that she met someone on the flight.

It would be weird to then take a Lyft to a park in the middle of the night, and then get into a vehicle (likely) with a guy she just met.

This is something you do when you know the other person, or have atleast interacted with them on a personal level before.

I’m convinced there was some familiarity there.

As for the timing of the exam, I’m not sure we’ve been given a specific date. We do know that it was scheduled for some time last week.

A lot of the speculation on the potential involvement of the Lyft driver is really farfetched and a little absurd.

The Lyft driver is not a suspect and it would be super easy to prove EXACTLY where the driver was with his phone if he/she had ANY other rides after Kenzie that evening. Ride-share apps are not dangerous. If they checked his Lyft account and he was live on Lyft for Kenzie's shift and signed off, then he would obviously be a suspect. The police could prove in moments just by looking at his Lyft app if this was the case and if he did indeed continue giving rides. Additionally, if the destination was changed by the passenger, Lyft would have a record of that in the drivers app.
Different angles are often discussed, even if seemingly absurd. Some are discussed and developed. Some are discussed and discarded.

I asked a question about the driver and people provided me with great info that made me discard an idea. I appreciate they didn't call my questions absurd.

But, bring on all the great ideas that will solve the case!

jmo

New to WS forum, is there a way to search posts by individual user name? I’m certain there’s a “help” feature, thinking someone here can answer long before I locate “help”.
BTW, definitely not new to WS, it’s been question of timing, to join at start of a case. Appears this case is attracting lots of new members.

<modsnipped quoted post>

If a post goes against WS rules, report it to a mod.
If you simply don't like a post, scroll past it.
If a poster in particular gets on your nerves, use the ignore function.

Jmopinion

Last edited by a moderator:
A point to consider.
Roommates don't know everything about us.
Sometimes, they know surprisingly little about us.
Your roommate probably knows where you work, what shampoo you keep in the bathroom, and what foods you store in the fridge.
Do they know about your
"side job"? All of your legal history, good and bad? Your medical issues?
Maybe not.
I've had many roommates ; and I learned that the hard way.

Thanks to all for letting me review this before bed. It clears the mind....

A 23 year old is delivered to a dark, deserted location with broken cameras, at three AM. Lyft driver had her in vehicle from 242 to 259 am.
Lyft driver saw meet up person at the park; and apparently a sketch is being worked? (Reason for delay..?...)

One thing for sure. The person Kenzie met...if she did... is not about "love", not romance, and not a true friend.

The time and location is too cold, too dark , too heartless for this to be a love affair. "Meet me in the park, in a taxi, in the middle of the night."
Who does this, if they care for someone? Hell no!

This meet up ...if it occurred...was business . No doubt in my mind. The type of business is one of the vital questions that needs to be answered.

I am in no way judging the victim; quite the opposite.
My heart breaks at the traps women fall into sometimes, when we are vulnerable.

Have daughters myself. Sending out love to u dear Kenzie... wherever you are tonight. Peace everyone +++

I think it's pretty definite that she was droped off at the destination she chose and I dont think the drivers involved. L.E. has been pretty clear that the driver is cooperating and that they've verified all that the driver has said. It's been reported that L.E. verified that she was dropped off by the Lyft driver at the location she put in her phone/app as her destination when she requested the ride from the airport. The destination was preselected before she got into the Lyft driver's car. It has also been verified by L.E. through Lyft co. that the driver went on to pick up multiple other fairs immediately following dropping him dropping her off at her requested destination. In my opinion there wasn't enough time between her 2:44am airport pick up and the gps confirmated arrival of the Lyft driver's vehicle at the park at 2:59am for him to have done something with her and still show up to at the park at the expected drive/arrival time. It also seems unlikely that he had time to contact someone to meet them at her requested destination to pick her up from him, unless of course he had someone on standby and just had to send the location. (Which seems pretty risky). It's been confirmed that there were no irregularities to Lyft driver's route from the airport to the park, nor from the park to the next riders pick up location, so that eliminates him stopping somewhere along the route to do something to/with her. The only thing I could think of that could possibly involve the driver is if he did go to the park in order for it to show up as having reached the riders requested location on the app gps, but had somehow arranged for his next rider's pick up location to be a place he took her, then continued to drive after that in order to look less suspicious. That would either mean an accomplice or a second phone herl requested a ride from. (You dont have to be at the place to request a ride from it and can also request a ride for someone else via the app). Although, it seems to me that L.E. would or even has made contact with the other riders that the Lyft driver picked up after Kenzie. Also, in order for it to have involved the Lyft driver, whomever she was supposed to meet at the park would know she never arrived...not that they'd necessarily come forward, depending on what that persons connection or relationship to Kenzie is.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of any of the following: **PURE SPECULATION MOO**

ML found out she was pregnant and told the guy while she was in CA and they met up to talk about it and things went very poorly?

OR

ML was feeling unnoticed or not important or not cared about and decided to disappear for a day or two to get people to worry and give her some attention, and nobody reported her missing for what? 4 days? Which didn’t help matters since nobody noticed she was gone, so now she just hiding out like eff you all?

OR

She meant to just hide out with a guy for a bit and she didn’t expect anyone to care. But now that everyone is looking at her and her personal life is being dissected she is just too embarrassed to come back?

These are all just speculative questions and are not facts or even rumors, just ideas.

New to WS forum, is there a way to search posts by individual user name? I’m certain there’s a “help” feature, thinking someone here can answer long before I locate “help”.
BTW, definitely not new to WS, it’s been question of timing, to join at start of a case. Appears this case is attracting lots of new members.

Go to the search bar and click in the Search box. Then click in the Posted by Member: box and start typing the member name and it will auto-populate member names. then click on the name you are looking for.

A point to consider.
Roommates don't know everything about us.
Sometimes, they know surprisingly little about us.
Your roommate probably knows where you work, what shampoo you keep in the bathroom, and what foods you store in the fridge.
Do they know about your
"side job"? All of your legal history, good and bad? Your medical issues?
Maybe not.
I've had many roommates ; and I learned that the hard way.

One of my roommates once was pregnant and I didn't know until I answered the phone one day and it was her Lamaze center calling to remind her of her class! I think asked her, gee, when were you going to tell me? We were not on good terms at the time, barely speaking, so that's my defense!

Hi guys, 27/m from Boston here following this case.

I checked out her Instagram and there was a post from a guy saying that he "remembered matching her" about a year ago and was hoping for the best.

To me, this says she is on dating apps like Tinder, Bumble, or one of the other less known ones like OkCupid, Hinge, POF, or Coffee Meets Bagel.

Almost every women I've ever dated has told me about a bad experience with meeting a guy on these apps. I would 100% say these should be the main focus on the investigation, not the Lyft driver or meeting someone on the airplane. The problem is if you "unmatch" someone, all conversation is lost and there is no trace or history to look back on, so LE would need to work with the company which it might be possible that they don't even have info anymore.

I can only imagine that at 3am in the morning after a long flight its easy to make a poor decision based on tiredness, desires, feelings, or what have you.

Just my 2 cents. Thoughts and prayers from Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave